The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Pete is still with us all the way! Still ready with the dark clothing my friend! Big shoes is an understatement.

Say it ain't so Pete...get better man. We missed you at SeeMore this weekend.

Pete, I am sorry to hear this man. Hope you get better soon.

I hope you heal fast and well Pete, this really sucks buddy.

I know most are at work right now but I'd suspect the entry thread will just blow up tonight with entries.

Really sorry to hear about this Pete, I know how hard that you were working to get ready for the MC.

I hope you heal up soon buddy and if you need anything let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete, sorry to see this happen after all the work you have put in getting ready to represent at the MC. You've become a great THPer and deserve to have another shot in the future. Get well and we will see each other again soon.

Sorry to hear about this Pete. Wish you a speedy recovery !

So sorry Pete. I know you would have kicked some serious a$$ at the Morgan Cup. But more importantly, glad you are still alive and kicking. That is the best news of all. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Let's get this out of the way so we can move on. For those that don't know, I was in an accident last Friday and broke my left wrist. I saw a couple of different doctors, but the best case scenario given was 4 weeks in a cast followed by another 6 weeks of therapy. 10 weeks on the shelf means the MC (and the other two events I hated to back out of) were simply not a possibility.

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes. I also want to thank everyone who sent text messages, PMs, Facebook/Twitter messages, etc. It means a lot.

My 2014 Morgan Cup journey may be over, but in no way is my #JourneyToBetter. It just has different meaning now. It's been made very clear to me, by 7 of the most awesome guys you'll ever meet that regardless of my situation, I am still part of Team Dot Com; and I plan on doing everything possible to support those guys (and whoever gets my spot) through the end of their journeys.

Now that we got that $hit over with, let's get back to business. I won't be posting as much, not because I don't want to, it's just too darn aggravating to do with one hand (I started this post at 12:30 today :banghead:), but make no mistake about it, I'm still here, I'm still engaged, and I'm still watching.

Get better Pete and I've got an egg burger waiting for the next time meet.

Get better Pete.

You are a classy guy Pete! Hang in there man!

JM

I won't be posting as much, not because I don't want to, it's just too darn aggravating to do with one hand (I started this post at 12:30 today :banghead:), but make no mistake about it, I'm still here, I'm still engaged, and I'm still watching.

Siri does a pretty decent job getting it right for what it's worth. It's easier on a phone by far than on a computer that's for sure.

Reading Pete's post makes me keep in mind how special this is for us. I am in a fortunate position as I can focus solely on this for the last 5 weeks. I want to make sure I am taking in the full experience. Pete get better soon!

We will miss Pete Carroll at the Morgan Cup in July, but only on the golf course. Pete will still be a part of Team DotCom and will be our ninth man, supporting us and giving us incentive to keep striving to be the best we can be.

Let's get this out of the way so we can move on. For those that don't know, I was in an accident last Friday and broke my left wrist. I saw a couple of different doctors, but the best case scenario given was 4 weeks in a cast followed by another 6 weeks of therapy. 10 weeks on the shelf means the MC (and the other two events I hated to back out of) were simply not a possibility.

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes. I also want to thank everyone who sent text messages, PMs, Facebook/Twitter messages, etc. It means a lot.

My 2014 Morgan Cup journey may be over, but in no way is my #JourneyToBetter. It just has different meaning now. It's been made very clear to me, by 7 of the most awesome guys you'll ever meet that regardless of my situation, I am still part of Team Dot Com; and I plan on doing everything possible to support those guys (and whoever gets my spot) through the end of their journeys.

Now that we got that $hit over with, let's get back to business. I won't be posting as much, not because I don't want to, it's just too darn aggravating to do with one hand (I started this post at 12:30 today :banghead:), but make no mistake about it, I'm still here, I'm still engaged, and I'm still watching.
I've used Dragon Dictation before, does a decent job!
http://www.nuance.com/for-individuals/index.htm

How is everyone doing? Is all the prep going well and are you happy with where you're at going in to mid June?

I am actually in a good place golf wise, I think all the range work this spring has really put me in a place where the confidence is at a pretty good high, the putting is awesome (thanks Kang) and the distances are coming around, I still struggle a bit with distance but it's coming round.

How about you

How is everyone doing? Is all the prep going well and are you happy with where you're at going in to mid June?

I am actually in a good place golf wise, I think all the range work this spring has really put me in a place where the confidence is at a pretty good high, the putting is awesome (thanks Kang) and the distances are coming around, I still struggle a bit with distance but it's coming round.

How about you

I know you've been working your tail off, so I'm glad to hear your game is getting to where you want it to be. You will be a force in MB.

I'm not particularly happy with where my game is now, but there is still time to get it back into shape with a little more than a month to go. I'll be getting back to taking a few lessons and focusing on my putting.

How about you

Getting there buddy. Have seen some improvements in iron striking in the past few weeks, and now its a matter of making that my norm, touch up the short game some more and work on a few smaller issues and I'll be good to go.

Saw some really good things this past weekend and some areas that still need work. Hitting some really good irons, but gotta get my driver Mojo back! Short game practice has really paid off!

JM

Been playing very well. My best parts of my game and my worst have flip flopped. Have to get the driver straightened out but wedges and short game have become deadly. Iron striking has gotten significantly better and par 3's are no longer a liability. I always had a mental block and now I just play them like any other iron shot. No tee, just step up and hit it. Have hit 75% GIR on par 3's in my last 5 rounds. Definitely translates into lower scores and allows me to not be overly aggressive on Par 5's since I don't have alot of distance and I can play for par.

My game is solid but always room for improvement. My game is better than last year this time. Very happy with all the progress made with the new add to the swing.

I'm actually very frustrated with where my game is at right now. I've played golf 4 out of the last 5 days, and seen my scores get progressively worse as I've reverted to my old lazy swing habits. My putting also hasn't come along like I'd like. I feel like I'm getting close as I'm burning edges, but I still need to get that dialed in over the next 5 weeks. My strategy for the rest of this journey is to spend more time on the range and less actually golfing. I got a little carried away with golf and that's taken away from my time to actually work on things, so once I get that balance back, I think I'll see some good things.

I've made some nice progress with my game from the beginning of the year, but feel I have a little ways to go yet, especially regarding my inconsistent short game. Iron ball striking is getting better and better and I've seemingly eliminated my worst miss - the pull hook with my irons. One more lesson and then I swing my swing until the big dance.

Back