What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big golf weekend for me. Played in the member/guest tourney at my local club. Shot a personal best 79 on Sat. Followed up with an 83 on Sunday & completed my first eagle. This completed two of my stated goals for this summer...breaking 80 and completing an eagle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did you shoot today?

You know those rounds when you score semi ok, but you feel like you've let yourself down and you didn't strike the ball good. I played 80 today, and I hit the ball poorly. I lost all of the sudden 30-45 yards from my drives and I missed 3-5 footers constantly. Finished with a par, so I left the course, not happy, but ok.

I need to get back on the course ASAP.

Big golf weekend for me. Played in the member/guest tourney at my local club. Shot a personal best 79 on Sat. Followed up with an 83 on Sunday & completed my first eagle. This completed two of my stated goals for this summer...breaking 80 and completing an eagle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats! Always great to accomplish goals!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The girlfriend and I showed up to a local par 3 course to find out they had a men's 3 club league going on so we scrapped that and tried finding the other par 3 course about 20 mins away. Ended up not being able to find it, but we did find a different course. It was pretty much a cow pasture, but the greens were actually pretty nice. They were a bit slower, but they were soft! It was the first time this year I could fire at pins. I ended up shooting 1 under par. I shot 35 while only using my girlfriend's women's cobra amp cell driver and my set consisting of 7 iron down! I'll take it!

39 last night in league. Nothing special but still struggling off the tee a bit. Had looks for birdie on 1,3,4,7, and 9 and couldn't get a putt to drop.

Not bad for not playing or practicing at all lately.

A rushed 46 followed by a calm 41 today. After the first 7 holes I took a sec and settled myself down mentally with a long walk to the tee and got my game on track. I should have made the change earlier!

A middle of the road 42 this afternoon, started off bogeying the first 6 holes, got it together to par the last 3. Was gonns try to get 18 in but storms changed that. Happy with the finish, but still some work a bit around the greens to be done

A middle of the road 42 this afternoon, started off bogeying the first 6 holes, got it together to par the last 3. Was gonns try to get 18 in but storms changed that. Happy with the finish, but still some work a bit around the greens to be done

Solid go round Brad,I know what you mean about needing a little more polish around the greens.

A rushed 46 followed by a calm 41 today. After the first 7 holes I took a sec and settled myself down mentally with a long walk to the tee and got my game on track. I should have made the change earlier!

Nice bounceback Andy, nothing I hate more than being rushed (allright maybe total slow play), but way to recover with that 41, especially on that back 9 at Oasis

After a great year last year that had me in the low to mid 80's all season, I have been trending up the past three weeks. I shot a ten year high 99 on Saturday in skins. I had 6 penalty shots, 5 missed putts inside of 4 feet and so on and so on. In a serious rut for sure. Shot 88 yesterday at another course. All about poor chipping and poor putting.

Nice bounceback Andy, nothing I hate more than being rushed (allright maybe total slow play), but way to recover with that 41, especially on that back 9 at Oasis
Played the back first so it ate me up this morning. Although par on 17 and 18 were solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played the back first so it ate me up this morning. Although par on 17 and 18 were solid.

Par on 17 and 18 there are awesome dude. Well done you handsome man.

Solid go round Brad,I know what you mean about needing a little more polish around the greens.
Ya man, last couple rounds have been real wristy with chips, leading to some inconsistent shots. Today was much better than Sunday tho.

Par on 17 and 18 there are awesome dude. Well done you handsome man.
You're so generous.

36/41= 77 at the home Course, learned some valuable lessons about not playing scared. lots of work to do to finish like I start--usually the same course the score is the other way with an even back, so I know there is a par round coming soon!

Fantastic front 9 Ward.

42/47-89

Some good things, some bad. Some costly 3 putts at the wrong time.

40/40-80. Only hit 1 fairway in the front and made a setup change on #10 and only missed 1 fairway on the back. 28 putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only played 9 and shot a 45 that should have been a 42 (3 three putts). I'll take it though for having literally 4 warm up swings.

We had a power outage last night, so instead of sitting in the heat I decided to go play golf. Picked up my dad and headed to the course. Monday night the game and back felt good, like I was heading in the right direction. Last night it continued. Started off with a 3 putt bogey(hit green but was on the upper tier putting down to lower pin). Bad drive on 2 led to another bogey, although considering the drive I was happy to avoid a big number. Made a 2 putt par on 3, and then hit my tee shot in the hazard on 4. Took my drop and hit my approach to 15 feet walked away with bogey. +3 after 4. Then I hit a little stride. I hit the next 4 greens, making 1 birdie and easy pars on the other 3. Bad drive on 9, but scrambled to get an 8 footer for par that lipped out. Finished the round with a 39(+3). Very please with how I hit the ball with the irons. On the brighter side, the back once again felt good. That's the bigger win for me right now.

Good job dude. Glad to hear the back is in good shape.

A 75, best ever score by 3 strokes on the previous best. Could of be a little better but for a stray double bogey and one three putt after being on the green in regulation, but I'm going to complain today :)

Plantar fasciitis in the left foot and I'm having a spell of golfers elbow which has meant I've had to slow down my swing and thus I'm hitting the ball better with a smoother in tempo swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back