The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely hate flying cross country. Left at 2pm and just now leaving Atlanta for San Jose. Then tee time at 6:50.

#poorplanning #puteadrenalinetomorrow

Was mowing the grass after work, and found a snake (albeit small) in the yard. I will now be paying a neighborhood kid to mow the yard.

Was mowing the grass after work, and found a snake (albeit small) in the yard. I will now be paying a neighborhood kid to mow the yard.

Sending a boy to the snakes!!!

The neighborhood boy has a riding lawn mower, so I'm at least sending him on his trusty steed.

Toad so sorry to hear about the pup :(

We are in a state of emergency and not supposed to be on our roads until 10 am tomorrow. That doesn't really work when I have to leave at 7 am for my final test in my summer class. Please stop raining!!

Sounds like you ought to run against him.

Good point. I know that is usually thx response. If you don't like hrs job someone is doing. Try it yourself.

I wouldn't be a great politician. But I would know not to build a private bathroom when teachers are losing their jobs. EOR

Toad. That picture was heartbreaking. My best thoughts out to you all.

Best wishes toad. I hope it turns out for the best. Whatever the best may be

Very sorry Sean.

If it helps, I understand that seizures are common with dogs. My dog (who is eight) had one about a year ago. It was scary as anything, and our dog always seemed pretty healthy. Just no warning signs.

Our vet said that a lot of dogs have them, and they can be signs of many things. Not necessarily a signal that more seizures will happen in the future.

Our dog Ellie hasn't had another one since, and she was in really good spirits a day later. Dogs are awesome like that.

I hope everything turns out well for your pup.

Already having a rough go since floods last night coupled with a water main break left us no running water this morning. That was all fine and dandy. I walk in to work and immediately am asked if I saw the news. Not knowing what the heck it was, found out that the IDC(made up of 5 democrats who disagree with the main Dem party and thus share power with the Republicans in the NY Senate) have announced that they will return to the democratic party this coming fall. Essentially taking the majority from a shared group of them and the Republicans. Well with every election year job status gets a little stressful as my office is appointed by whomever the majority leader is. So any change in power can quickly result in losing your job. Right now if I could the IDC members along with the other Senate Dems, that gives them 31(32 = majority). However there is one other member elected as a Democrat who votes with Republicans because he says it helps him bring home the bacon to his district. If he switched back, all hell could break loose.

Not trying to make this a political post and I'm not here to debate that stuff. Just ranting on how the rest of my year is about to become much more stressful at work. At least until early November. Gotta love uncertainty.

Update on my Furbaby

Vet spent a good bit of time with her this morning, according to his assistant, and not much has changed. The good thing is it didn't get any worse.
She still can barely stand up at all, hasn't eaten, barely drank, and still seems dizzy.
He's allowing us to go visit her this afternoon to cheer her up and see if she'll eat/drink for us. Then, she has to stay another night.
Maybe we'll get more of an idea on diagnosis later.

And thank you, all!!

Glad it's not any worse Sean but hoping to hear some good news really soon man!

Poor thing. Hoping the best T0AD.

Update on my Furbaby

Vet spent a good bit of time with her this morning, according to his assistant, and not much has changed. The good thing is it didn't get any worse.
She still can barely stand up at all, hasn't eaten, barely drank, and still seems dizzy.
He's allowing us to go visit her this afternoon to cheer her up and see if she'll eat/drink for us. Then, she has to stay another night.

And thank you, all!!

I guess no news is good news. Still hoping for the best buddy.

Update on my Furbaby

And thank you, all!!

I just saw this buddy and keep us posted on her progress. Good vibes heading toward the sweet little lady!

Sorry Toad

Summer temps must be rising. Seems like more and more forum replies have an added "testiness" to them. There are definitely some folks on THP, including some long time members, that need to take a chill pill.

Summer temps must be rising. Seems like more and more forum replies have an added "testiness" to them. There are definitely some folks on THP, including some long time members, that need to take a chill pill.

Hmm I don't see this. Maybe a simple pm could clear things up?

Fingers crossed for ya Toad.

Heck it's everywhere right now, go to the store? attitude, sit in traffic? attitude, golf course? attitude, it's like we're imploding.

Read everything in Elmo's voice and suddenly the world seems much rosier.

services

New car shopping for the wife...someone shoot me now

This constant crappy weather is really souring my disposition.

I need a holiday to a sunny/warm place stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back