Sergio Garcia surprises golfers at Bethpage

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty cool promotion that TaylorMade did recently, Sergio seems pretty down to earth in this video.

P.S: Morgan Cup participants, take note of the last half of the video and the tee shots, looks like what you'll be doing soon.

Pretty sure i remember reading someone on this forum being there and getting a free driver.

Pretty sure i remember reading someone on this forum being there and getting a free driver.

Yep. Can't recall the name though. I know the thread was titled "something crazy happened at the range today" or something similar.

That was cool to see. Great promotion by TaylorMade

Looks like fun. Very much an Morgan Cup feel to it.

That's pretty cool, Sergio seems like a good guy (most of the time). ha ha

Yep. Can't recall the name though. I know the thread was titled "something crazy happened at the range today" or something similar.

I tried to find that thread and the search function couldn't come up with it. Oh well.

That is cool!

TaylorMade was doing some tweeting from this event when it happened a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool to see.

Very cool thing from TM there, having Sergio on hand had to be sweet.

To bad I wasn't there to top my drive!

Thanks for posting Ary that was cool.

Cool vid, thanks for sharing it Ary.

Great promo, and cool gesture for the whole experience, just a shame it had to be a SLDR driver and not R7, Burner, R9

I remember the thread and it is very cool of Taylormade to do.

That was pretty fun to watch, and very cool of Sergio and TM.

Pretty cool to see how the commercial turned out. Would have been an awesome day for anyone.

Did they add 15" holes too? :alien:

Awesome stuff, I am a big fan of Sergio, people give him a hard time. But he has a nice side to him as well most do not notice.

That was very cool! Sergio does seem to really be enjoying himself in that video.

I'm shocked that Sergio hit balls off of the mats there. Doesn't he know that serious golfers don't hit off of mats? :alien:

Really great thing for TM to do.

i remember seeing that as well

I heard about this on my way to work the day it was going on, and it sucks that I missed out. Taxi driver called over the radio about some commotion going on at Bethpage and said they were film crews on hand. I know a caddy there and he said it was a commercial shoot. He also wound up with a free SLDR that he's going to trade in for a smaller head. SLDR-s or the 430cc, not sure.

That was fun to watch them on the tee. You are right Ary.....this will be happening to 40 other guys very very soon!

Public Relations home run! Well done by TaylorMade and Sergio. He's taken his lumps and then some. Some warranted others not so much. Watching him work the gallery the past couple of US Opens he's really come a long way.

Back