Keep it Classy Sabbatini

Sabbatini is what he is--an A**hole--and always will be. He can't help himself.

Incredibly interesting because in our work (and for obvious reasons I wont get too detailed) we have seen the exact opposite in both of your examples on numerous occasions and by numerous, I can count at least 2 dozen of someone being a nice guy and labeled as BS and over a dozen of him being a weenie to the fans.

I know you have more insight than most. So, I won't disagree. And, when I said "media", I was definitely not referring to you/GG, or including you in that stereotype. But, I am also aware of some events, where Sabbatini and Mickelson have acted 180* from how the public and media perceive them.

My favorite Sabo story is him giving out what appeared to be autographs at an event. Turned out he was leaving his cell phone number on the golf ball for the ladies in the group. Sought it out. This confirmed by his now ex-wife so I have no issue posting it.

Keep it Classy Sabbatini

My favorite Sabo story is him giving out what appeared to be autographs at an event. Turned out he was leaving his cell phone number on the golf ball for the ladies in the group. Sought it out. This confirmed by his now ex-wife so I have no issue posting it.

My favorite Seth Diamond story, I saw him leave a business card by my ball. I thought he was leaving his contact information because he wanted to stay in touch. He was actually threatening litigation against me.

My favorite Seth Diamond story, I saw him leave a business card by my ball. I thought he was leaving his contact information because he wanted to stay in touch. He was actually threatening litigation against me.

It should have been obvious that I didn't want to stay in touch.

:Alien:

Wow what a real nut case! This guy needs to come down off his cloud fast. I saw him play a tournament here, missed the cut. Appartently after he was freaking out in the packing lot screaming stuff at fans. And not thank you for having me.

Keep it Classy Sabbatini

Wow what a real nut case! This guy needs to come down off his cloud fast. I saw him play a tournament here, missed the cut. Appartently after he was freaking out in the packing lot screaming stuff at fans. And not thank you for having me.

Are you talking about Rory S?

I was talking about atlgolfer

Are you talking about Rory S?

I was talking about atlgolfer

I'm pretty sure he was talking about ATLGolfer

Somebody needs to knock that jerk down a peg or two. Ugh.

Yea.... I never liked him and this only confirms my thoughts

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

So now Seth is being compared to Sabbatini? Good gosh, Shandy and now this. All the sudden I'm not looking forward to that Saturday morning now.

Relevant to the topic? :confused2:

Lets remember that hundreds of people view these threads and many will not understand the joke and feel a bit left out. Instead it might be best to keep threads about the tour on topic of at least the person and/or at least use forum names so others might not feel as left out.

Sabbatini is a known jerk, BUT, lets pause for a moment. What was the context? Was he laughing or joking when he said this or was he saying it through snarled teeth? Hard to say just from reading a quote.

Replace Sabatini with say David Feherty name at the end of the quote and do you take it in a different light?

"After watching my four amateur golfers play yesterday I really thought I had no chance to play decently this week, because I had to try to erase those swings from my mind." - David Feherty.

Is there video anywhere to show the actual context?

Well, yeah, a lot of it is delivery. Feherty has shown to be very good at delivering such barbs with a sort of twinkle in his eye, which lets him get away with this sort of thing.

Rory suffers from prior reputation and the ability to say some pretty outrageous things and want to be taken seriously here. So he's reaping the unpleasant crop of wanting to be taken seriously.

My guess is that it was out of context. While he may not be popular among some of the tour players, he typically does very well with amateurs and fans. I think he got a raw deal on his comments about TW. And, he got a raw deal with the "walk off" when he was paired with Crane. The media loves to rake people through the coals. My guess is that this is another example of that. He does not have his public image polished to a high sheen, like Mickelson does. But, at least he is not full of BS, like FIGJAM and a few others, who put on the Oscar award winning acts when cameras and fans are nearby.

I would have walked off on ben Crane that day, his pace was pitiful.

I'm not taking anyone seriously that dresses like this:

a_507.jpg
You should see the dude now. He ditched the cowboy hat but grew a beard.

Is that Beags?

Ah, my former neighbor - d-bag is an under statement. Blew up his marriage and family life because of some neighborhood night putting. Don't throw stones Rory

I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire. I think he is a waste of space and his existence makes as much sense as soup sandwich or football racket.

Back