The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I also forgot to mention since im getting top secreat gear, I will hit EACH club at some point on the range. May not be in one "session" but will have a swing with each

I always start with 1/2 and 3/4 pw. Then once im loose I go up the bag skipping one club at a time. However I can not predict what I shall do on this session as many new emotions will be running through me

This might have been asked in here but I don't remember it. Do any of you have a club in mind that you want to swing first? I have a few buddies who are superstitious about new clubs and will take the first swing with like a PW in hopes it's a solid strike.

As for me, it will be a wedge mainly because that's always the first club I pull out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this question a lot. If I were still in the dance, I don't think I would change my warmup routine much. 10 or so balls with a mid-degree (54) wedge; 4 balls with the PW; 4 with the 7 iron; 4 with the 5 iron; 2 each with the hybrid and fairway; then 4 balls with the driver. From that point on, I'd be focused simply on trying to gauge distances--which means pulling irons at random.

I will say that I plan on spending a little more time than normal with my tee clubs. Just to get a feel for which direction they want to make the ball go.

This might have been asked in here but I don't remember it. Do any of you have a club in mind that you want to swing first? I have a few buddies who are superstitious about new clubs and will take the first swing with like a PW in hopes it's a solid strike.

As for me, it will be a wedge mainly because that's always the first club I pull out.

I might try to take the first swing with a 7 iron--just a little half swing to make sure I make solid contact. I will definitely stretch out first before making any swings.

I'll start with the normal warmup routine, usually pull the 8 iron and start with half to 3/4 swings. Work my way up the bag just like that.

As for me, it will be a wedge mainly because that's always the first club I pull out. U

Like some have said, I have a regular warm up routine and will not deviate from that. It consists of 29 balls, 19 with a PW, and 10 with driver. None are full swings and all are at specific targets. It begins with the PW. After warm up, I will hit a few different irons to verify yardage and then try to get a feel for my FW metals.

All that falls into the category of TMI. The short answer is pitching wedge. Lol

I always start with the 54*, so that will be the club on Friday.

I will probably stay with my set warmup routine.

This is me as well, I start my sessions with 54* and work my way to the driver
I always start with the 54*, so that will be the club on Friday.

I will probably stay with my set warmup routine.

Brief tip of the cap to Flog this morning.

We have been doing the Flog/ATL Challenge for the last couple months in prep for the MC. Flog has taken all of the matches, but I've given him a lot of scares. I really think he's made me a better player overall -- and I added value by telling lots of jokes!

We've played some really cruddy rounds together, but our last one was a perfect way to end the challenge. I think only two holes were decided on Pars, and bogey did not win a single hole (no comment on prior Flog/ATL challenges).

Iron sharpens iron.

I will grab the 4I and...wake up with my 54° doing pitch...half and 3/4 shots. Work my way down the bag.

That was a fun match to follow along. Now I know when I get to the Atlanta area a certain attorney will be giving me about 10 pops per round :)

I cant wait to follow #THPMC I think this year is going to have some very epic matches!!!!!!!

Brief tip of the cap to Flog this morning.

We have been doing the Flog/ATL Challenge for the last couple months in prep for the MC. Flog has taken all of the matches, but I've given him a lot of scares. I really think he's made me a better player overall -- and I added value by telling lots of jokes!

We've played some really cruddy rounds together, but our last one was a perfect way to end the challenge. I think only two holes were decided on Pars, and bogey did not win a single hole (no comment on prior Flog/ATL challenges).

Iron sharpens iron.

I will say that I plan on spending a little more time than normal with my tee clubs. Just to get a feel for which direction they want to make the ball go.

Focus on straight. Straight is always good.

That makes sense, will you be thinking about tee balls on just TB or Caledonia as well?

Focus on straight. Straight is always good.

What's straight? I just dabble in varying shades of hook :)

That makes sense, will you be thinking about tee balls on just TB or Caledonia as well?

Not that much really. There are a couple position holes I'll want to have a distance for, but that won't take long.

What's straight? I just dabble in varying shades of hook :)

Not that much really. There are a couple position holes I'll want to have a distance for, but that won't take long.
220 FTW!

I usually warm up with a 9 iron for a few shots, then a 6 iron for awhile. I always feel like when I can get good trajectory from a 9 iron I'm swinging the club pretty well, so that's what I'll hit first.

I'll warm up with my 9 iron or PW at first, before moving through my bag. It's going to be a bit of a change from my current gamers...Can't wait!

Most likely the 56 for me then start with down from there.

With how the day will he setup for us by our Sponsors, I wonder if they will have a certain task for us to start the day in terms of what we hit first?

With how the day will he setup for us by our Sponsors, I wonder if they will have a certain task for us to start the day in terms of what we hit first?
Side note on that, probably should know a bit about the equipment too, just in case that involved somehow. May not need it, but better safe then sorry!

Boys sitting here in paradise and it's my last day here. All I can do is think about leaving for the MC. I am so pumped to meet everyone! A week from today Johnny Mojo and I will be driving in. Let's get this party started

You boys will be scrambling like a bunch of fleas on a dawg this time next week! :bomb:

Back