THP's Thank You - FL Outing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The FL Golf Outing is officially complete and Golfer Gal and myself want to personally thank every single person that took the plunge and came down here to enjoy some of the festivities. Despite some quick showers, we got 18 holes in both days with no issues at all and about 5 hours total on the 2 ranges to demo equipment, hop on a launch monitors, and have some fun with some gear. Before I get into the event, I want to call out some forum members, with some things that I am not sure we will ever forget.

Forum This & That's

Setho – Too many laughs to get in just one, but just remember, the launch monitor is not a backboard, despite looking like one.

Spank818 – That may be in fact the shortest putter I have ever seen.

OEMKevin – You suffered enough having to drive thanks1974 home…By the way, can I have your putter?

Thanks1974 – Good lord, where do we start. From the woods, to the ladies tees, to the side of a car, and so many great memories in between. And he makes a mean burger.

Tcalloway – Lets see, in 24 hours he gave Kevin a new nickname, got sunburned, played great golf, realized that THP the Magazine educated him on shafts, had some drinks, had some more drinks, and made everybody laugh. Tell Foster thank you for the card, it is on our refrigerator.

Osahar – Hits it a long way and knows more about Bridgestone and the new drivers than anybody. Sported the THP buckle proudly as well.

Biggsy – Has your ball landed yet? Seriously, if he were to be an internet golfer he would talk about 500 yards, because 300 is no problem. What a nice guy and Chuck is a great guy as well.

Hawk – Truly hysterical. Had me laughing quite a bit. Just the type of people (he and fiancé) that you hope come to every outing.

Keith – For the next outing, he has to have a microphone. He is that funny. From the Seemore meaning, to the line to the drink girl, he had me laughing so hard.

Smallville – So glad to finally put a face and voice with the name. The kind of guy that would give you the shirt off of his own back.

Adwillingham – The word hustler comes to mind when he first stepped on the range and was smoking drives. Dry sense of humor that had me laughing hysterically. We know you wont be at the next one, but I guess being a Dad again is a decent excuse.

Sunday hacker – So glad you could make it even though you did not make the festivities afterward. Maybe next time and happy b-day.

There were others there of course and I am not intentionally leaving anybody out, just highlighting a few forum members that were in attendance.

Now that that is out of the way, I want to personally thank the group from Morgan and Myself. You guys almost put us in tears Saturday night at our own kitchen table with your kindness and generosity. For those that were not here, the group got together behind our back and ordered something special for us. Something that was not needed, but will certainly be cherished for the rest of our lives.

841536135_LtDku-M.jpg

This was extremely thoughtful and obviously well thought out. You guys are something special and obviously a big thank you to 59 Belts for assisting our forum members. They said the customer service was spectacular and the quality is nothing short of astonishing. I will wear this proudly for a very long time.

841536074_ubEY9-M.jpg

Demo Days
We will have a separate post on the demo section of the outing so people can chime in with their thoughts on the different equipment. We hope everybody chimes in with each and every brand that they tried.

Golf
Both courses were a blast and totally different which made for a great time.
I played okay for both days. Rounds of 81 and 77. But it wouldn’t of mattered if I shot 140. I had great company both days and some moments that I will never forget.

Day 1 – I was paired with thanks1974, setho, and OEM Kevin. Some key highlights:
Setho – Being a Man! And breaking 100 both days. Congrats to you my friend.
Thanks1974 – His putting was awe inspiring, dropping putts from everywhere.
Kevin – I, too, would like a Snickers bar, well maybe. By day 2, he wanted a new bag. Haha.

Day 2 – I was paired with Smallville and Spank818
Smallville – Playing clubs he has never played before showed me how to just remember that this is a game to enjoy. What a great guy to play golf with. And man, can this guy putt.
Spank818 – Realized that I play the game pretty fast…haha. Tremendous wedge play and fell in love with the Srixon Yellows.

Non-Gof Festivities
Friday Night – 10 or so of us met at a sports bar Friday night for dinner and drinks and it was a great time. Watching tcalloway’s eyes bulge as they brought what they call a pitcher of beer over was hysterical. It was great to meet so many before the outing on Saturday and it was just a fun night altogether.

Saturday Morning – Thank you to all that came over to help us load up 5 cars worth of equipment. It was nice to “recover” over some bagels and coffee as well as our little convoy that we had to the course.

Saturday Night – This section could go on forever, but I will try and keep it brief. We hope everybody had a great time. Thanks1974 – You run a mean grill and cooked for everybody and the next time you see Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka will be too soon I have a feeling. Nissan called to ask for feedback on auto paint jobs. Everybody seemed to be having just a great time and something Golfer Gal sat around talking about later…Everybody got along. There was a sense of normalcy that we did not expect, but were thrilled that it turned out that way.

Sunday Night – Only a few left for dinner, but we all went out for a nice meal and then back to our place to talk clubs and stuff. It was a nice relaxing evening filled with laughs as we remembered the previous two days.

Final Impressions
While we love the thank you’s, it was not us that deserved the credit. That goes out to all of you. Each person that came down added something unique, fun, and special to this outing that will make it something we do not forget anytime soon. Golfer Gal and myself did not know what to expect leading up to this event and for many reasons, we were a little nervous. But within 15 minutes of meeting everybody, we knew that THP was “THP” for a reason. Nothing but great friends, hanging out and chatting as if they “knew” each other for years. That is nothing to do with us, and everything to do with the people that are here on a day to day basis.

You guys wowed us this weekend something special, and we will never forget that. There are times when this feels like work, but after this weekend, we realized just how lucky we are to have this place and to be able to call each and every one of you our friends. This weekend we were humbled and honored in just how special each person here is. For that we will always be grateful and forever be honored to have you in our lives. You provided us laughs, smiles, and tears of joy in just 3 days. Thank you all for restoring our faith in what this place is truly about and we love you all.

Pictures
Keith & Hawk took the majority of the pictures and hopefully they will have some time to add them to this thread.

This Just In
We are going to be doing it again THIS YEAR. An announcement will be coming soon! We will make sure that we try our best to outdo ourselves from this one.

Last edited:
JB summed it up perfectly! well done. all i can say is best weekend ever!

and your description of saturday night was exactly the way it should be, afterall, the man's not here right now to defend himself.

I still am bummed not being able to go!! Next time, I'll pack up my little car and just drive on over there :D

I'm soo glad that everyone had a great time :clapp: What an awesome weekend to remember!

Ditto!!! Well said JB....well said.

I do have pics, mostly of Saturday night, that I will post after we get home tomorrow. There are some hilarious shots in there. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't wish to drink Espresso flavored vodka drinks again.

We were also talking about what a great group of people we met and how easy it was to get along. Like we'd known each other forever. Once we got past the "Hi, I'm hawk308" part I was totally at ease.

Great to hear everyone had a good time! Wish I could've been there, will definitely make an attempt to get there next time! Good to hear that there will be another this year!

I still am bummed not being able to go!! Next time, I'll pack up my little car and just drive on over there :D

I'm soo glad that everyone had a great time :clapp: What an awesome weekend to remember!

GC, did I hear road trip?:banana:

Great writeup JB! Sounds like everyone had a blast :eek:).... I still have remains of my purple/yellow swollen eyelid from surgery last Friday or old Gray would have made the trip. Calloway can tell ya how cute it looks this Friday :eek:)... Great job everyone!

Yeah - sounds like a great time was had by all. Wish I coulda been there, I woulda given Biggsy a run for his money in the distance department.

This Just In
We are going to be doing it again THIS YEAR. An announcement will be coming soon! We will make sure that we try our best to outdo ourselves from this one.
THIS IS AWESOME! Can't wait to hear the announcement.... I wish I could have made it this past weekend! Sounds you all had the greatest time!!!!!!

I am glad to hear about the good times everyone had. I am still kicking myself for not going, especially after the weekend I had. ANOTHER outing??? Just tell me when JB!!! This Rhino will be flying over.

Sounds like I great time had by all. I would have liked to have come, but it would have been too short notice for me with work and everything. Work is exploding for me right now....

At any rate, I'm really glad to hear that there will be another outing this year. Looking forward to more details!

Re: THP's Thank You - FL Outing

JB summed it up perfectly! well done. all i can say is best weekend ever!

and your description of saturday night was exactly the way it should be,

+1! :wink:

awesome gg!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ANOTHER OUTING?!?!?!!? Whoooo...hopefully it'll be around the time when the BF and I are in FL later this year *fingers crossed*!!

Re: THP's Thank You - FL Outing

hawk308 said:
I do have pics, mostly of Saturday night, that I will post after we get home tomorrow. There are some hilarious shots in there. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't wish to drink Espresso flavored vodka drinks again.

We were also talking about what a great group of people we met and how easy it was to get along. Like we'd known each other forever. Once we got past the "Hi, I'm hawk308" part I was totally at ease.

-1 if the pics include double espresso vodka in them, +1 if they have hamburgers in them

-1 if the pics include double espresso vodka in them, +1 if they have hamburgers in them

i think there might be some pics that include all of the above in them................................................blended....................................after the fact......................................knuckles!!!

I think there is one of TC holding a pretty glass of your favorite drink :wink:

There is a great one of you grilling and styling in the cabana wear!

"Another one this year", fantastic. I hope it's central USA, everyone could make it!

"Another one this year", fantastic. I hope it's central USA, everyone could make it!

The next one will also be in FL, but at a different location.

LOL, NO! Be think how well you'll play after staying at a Holiday Inn Express, hehe

How many people did make it to this one JB?

We had over 20 forum members here and we think that they will tell you it was worth the travel. We hope the next one lives up to it and possibly passes it.

Back