What equipment to treat yourself to a promotion or bonus???

d_macko

Reaction score
Handicap
All,

I just got promoted and was wondering what to treat myself to, given my hard work the last few years. My game is on the verge of becoming quite good, and I'm dying to add new equipment... But everything in my bag is under 2 years old! Maybe get fit for a shaft replacement on my HiBore Monster? Maybe a new BagBoy revolver bag? What do you guys do???

All,

I just got promoted and was wondering what to treat myself to, given my hard work the last few years. My game is on the verge of becoming quite good, and I'm dying to add new equipment... But everything in my bag is under 2 years old! Maybe get fit for a shaft replacement on my HiBore Monster? Maybe a new BagBoy revolver bag? What do you guys do???

I would definitely go with the shaft fitting. Try out some of the higher end shafts you would normally stay away from. My recs are Miyazaki (best I have ever played) UST Attas (smooth as can be) Project X (solid option)

You could treat yourself to a couple new wedges, you could get some custom wedges from Scratch Golf which are hard to justify spending the money on under normal circumstances. (at least for me it is.)

Congrats on the promotion :clapp: At least you are doing well :)

With your skill level and set-up, I'm sure you would be most happy with one of the shafts that JB mentioned, but I'll play devil's advocate. How about a GPS or a range finder? Or a really high-end SeeMore putter?

Custom fitting? Lessons? GPS?

I'll second the GPS or the shafts. Those are things that are nice to have but not necessary and therefore make great rewards to yourself.

You could also spring for a nice new golfing outfit too. Pick out something you like and for just this once ignore the price tag associated with it.

Thanks for the feedback guys ... actually, just sold my uPro GPS. Decided to use my smartphone instead. My RAC wedges are brand new (2 for $100 at Dick's). I have been hearing a lot of good things about this Miyazaki shaft, and have a fitting slot scheduled at Cleveland's HQ in about a month or two (I am just down the road from them). Perhaps I'll wait until then.

Thanks for the feedback guys ... actually, just sold my uPro GPS. Decided to use my smartphone instead. My RAC wedges are brand new (2 for $100 at Dick's). I have been hearing a lot of good things about this Miyazaki shaft, and have a fitting slot scheduled at Cleveland's HQ in about a month or two (I am just down the road from them). Perhaps I'll wait until then.

Not a bad idea. You can hear more about Miyazaki Shafts coming up this friday on THP Radio as we have them on our show.

I go with the shaft as well and maybe a sweet looking belt and buckle from 59 belts.

wow! that will be a great day for you. i hope you let us all know what that was like.

Go with the driver shaft. There are so many great shafts out there to better suit your game.

I did the same thing earlier this year and it was the best gift I'd ever received.

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (or whatever putter you've always wanted). It'll pair nice with those new wedges.

Id treat yourself to a 60* wedge if it were me. If youre on the verge of becoming quite good, youre ready for a lob wedge.

Since you seem to be happy with your sticks, why not take a trip and go play somewhere special?

Congrats on your promotion.

Just putting a miyazaki shaft into my driver made a load of difference. Putters are always a great idea.

I'd get myself a custom 59 belt buckle.

Lots of great ideas on here so i just wanted to say Congrats!! on your promotion.

I never bought a new driver to this point, so I took some bonus money and ordered an i15. If you're happy with your sticks, I'd go wtih a golf trip to a high end course.

All,

I say save it and make the THP Outing in the fall. You will be thrilled with that decision, I promise.

Congrats on the promotion. Maybe you can treat yourself to a golfing weekend with some buddies rather than some equipment. Your equipment looks pretty good to me

Back