NullNomad

Golf Course Miscreant
Reaction score
Handicap
work
In light of the recent scare with @ACovington and his clubs, it got me thinking...

I'm on the road a lot, traveling around the world for work. From time to time I take my clubs with me, but taking everything in recently it has made me think about putting together a travel set. I hate renting clubs, but I would be devastated if I lost my current kit.

So the question to my fellow road warriors, what do you do? Rent, 2nd set, primary set, rely on insurance??

Insurance. I have an exception on my policy for around 25.00 a year.

I mostly bring my primary set when I travel, but will rent from time to time when I don't have time to check clubs in. I've thought of a back up set when I travel, but I enjoy my clubs too much and don't worry too much about theft or them getting lost.

Insurance.

I take my regular set.

I don't travel much, but when I did, I always take my regular clubs. I have insurance on everything I own.

I take my regular and only set with me when I travel. I also try to keep a keen eye on them when I get to the courses.

I have a "B" set for travel. Basically it's comprised of older versions of my "A" set of clubs so my delicate sensibilities remain intact. We've all seen how handlers can treat checked luggage. Were I to open my travel cover and find an "A" club damaged I would probably go into full meltdown mode, refuse to golf and ruin the trip for myself.

Insurance here too. I might change up a few things though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave them in the trunk until I've paid, then take the cart to my car and get them, if someone's breaking into a trunk it's going to slow them down enough where someone will see, I'm not privileged enough to have a backup set.

I take my regular set, I got them to play them, so I'm not leaving them at home when I travel.

I take my regular set, I got them to play them, so I'm not leaving them at home when I travel.

agree completely. I equate a travel set to the same thing as when people put those plastic coverings over nice furniture. If you're not going to enjoy them fully, what's the point in having them?

I have two sets. One I leave at the club, the other I travel (and play other courses) with.

I have too many other things in life to stress about than my clubs getting lost/stolen when traveling. I've had 1 set stolen in 2001, but on the bright side insurance covered it and I got a new set. If it happens again, I'll be pissed and swear a while but then get over it.

Insure them and take them on the road with me.

I always bring my current set because it is what I am comfortable with, and if something happens I get to buy a new club.

I took my only gamer set last trip, that being said it was full of mostly 10 year old + equipment . This time I am getting insurance for these puppies, took too long to find what works well for me to lose now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always take my primary set. I don't usually have enought extra clubs to make up a 2nd set.

Now that I have a set of J15's coming which will be my primary clubs. My J40's will be the clubs I use if I fly anywhere and play. Other wise if I'm driving to play it will be my primary set I use. Like said above. Leave my clubs in trunk till I've paid.

My gamers are coming with me as much as humanly possible.

I take a, b, and c sets so THPers can hit them all if they want. Barely make weight limit lol

I take a, b, and c sets so THPers can hit them all if they want. Barely make weight limit lol

I recommend not doing that at #TheKing
Bring your set and new XR Driver.

I always take whatever set I'm gaming at the time. I'm pretty sure I'm insured, but, now you're going to make me look. :bulgy-eyes:

100% agreeance here.

Back