New SLDR "C" Series Driver, Fairway Woods, and Rescue Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you need to go back an read some of the post. Calling a club crap or saying it's rebranded when you have no facts to back up your statement is not an opinion. It's a false statement and IMO bashing. I have no opinion on this club cause I have not hit it. Therefore I'm not defending it. I'm just stating that it's getting old that every time I open a TM thread the bashing begins.

Additionally, I didn't say you bashed TM I'm referring to all the negative comments about this club.

So what if I can tell you for fact, its a rebranded product dropped for big box to grab quick sales on the same cast. Does that change your perspective?

I was wondering something and believe me it's out of curiosity as opposed to an agenda or fueling the war that has become this thread. I just don't know the answer.

Speedbladez were low spin high launch yet forgiving and are generally accepted as a solid set of irons. So why didn't that translate to the woods for many? Was it CG forward or something else?

Watch the T.O video on CG placement. After all, he has a bit of experience on CG. The irons are definitely not forward CG (in relation to things like musclebacks), they are lower spin due to a thin face.w

I'm not reaching in the least. It's obvious and your kidding yourself if you don't see it. I have seen it and witnessed it many times here. Again I'm not "bothered" just stated it's getting old.

Lastly I'm not sure why you keep defending yourself about not hating TM. I never assumed or stated you did. I actually think you have somewhat of an open mind and actually enjoy reading your feedback.

You've been around the site a bit longer than I have, so you know up until this year Taylor Made participated in several events with THP and many of its members.

A lot of people that attended these events were already TaylorMade fans, some were neutral and some were self admitted non fans.

The information that came from these events was full of thoughts, both positive and not so positive. Just go read read the Ultimate Club Testing posts with last years Tour Preferred line. Lots of balanced feedback both ways.

FWIW. I'll add my experience. I have a close friend that until very recently worked for them for many years that helped me understand and be fit into many of their lines. I have been a tester/reviewer of several of its irons and woods for another medium. I played the R9 line for several years because they were the best irons I had hit in a very long time. Same with the driver.

I then moved onto the R1 and Rocketbladez and liked each of them a bit less. Then the TM CB's and SLDR. I won't rehash all the comments above but suffice it to say it was not the driver for me, not even close.

I have the R15 driver and 3w, and they are better for me then the SLDR but not by a large margin.

So for me and from what I have read from many others, TM has moved away from products that were innovative and worked for the masses. They tried with the SLDR and in MY opinion failed.

I have not hit the Aeroburner yet (other than several demos) so I can't honestly say i can give a good thought on thst.

This is whole post is to say you won't find too many people who were bigger advocates of TaylorMade than me, and I have to say I find the whole SLDR C move very confusing.

So what if I can tell you for fact, its a rebranded product. Does that change your perspective?

Watch the T.O video on CG placement. After all, he has a bit of experience on CG. The irons are definitely not forward CG (in relation to things like musclebacks), they are lower spin due to a thin face.w
Don't be bringing facts in here now

Ok thanks. I just didn't know if CG in irons was a thing or not. Thin face creating the low spin makes sense though.

Ok thanks. I just didn't know if CG in irons was a thing or not. Thin face creating the low spin makes sense though.

It is to an extent, but not like that of larger headed metal woods.

For what it's worth, I went out on a limb assuming you weren't playing with lower caps based on the 12.6 cap you play to..

A little derail here but what does his handicap have to do with what his playing partners play to? Kind of a leap don't you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little derail here but what does his handicap have to do with what his playing partners play to? Kind of a leap don't you think?

Isnt going out on a limb and "kind of a leap" saying the same thing? He stated he generalized his thought about the playing partners. He's not hiding that

Isnt going out on a limb and "kind of a leap" saying the same thing? He stated he generalized his thought about the playing partners. He's not hiding that

I guess my question doesn't deserve an answer that makes sense.. So, a 12 or heaven forbid a bogey golfer play with someone that is scratch?

I guess my question doesn't deserve an answer that makes sense.. So, a 12 or heaven forbid a bogey golfer play with someone that is scratch?

It's an over generalization (which dan admitted to), but people tend to stick with others of equal or similar abilities in just about every aspect of life. Obviously it's not always going to be true, but in many cases it fits. Same with golf. Again, not always true and for THP probably less so, but it does happen quite a bit throughout life in general.

Yikes, catching up on this. TMAG really loses credibility in my eyes by bringing this to market. Does the majority of the market see that though, or are they gonna pick up a driver to go with the TaylorMade Golf hat they bought for 7.99 at Walmart.

TaylorMade makes good golf clubs, no question about it. But stuff like this really makes me scratch my head and appreciate the Titleists and Pings of the world.

I guess the "C" stands for cheap looking. If that was the goal they get an A+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this thread so full of hurt feelings.

My god it's like people are grasping at anything they can to argue about .

but arguing is fun!

Stop liking things that I don't like!!!

He gave me no context so I made up my own and went out of a big limb. Not sure why that was worth the derail, but that's fine. It got the response I expected.

(the R9-R11 years were glorious and ohhhh man xFT)
Greatest thing said in this entire tread. My R11 / xFT years were pretty fun.

That only happens with THPers.

Oh wait...

no they're not! you're wrong and stupid! hater!

not they're not! you're wrong and stupid! hater!

no, you are wrong and stupid! Homer!

for the record, that was meant as a joke, I dont know caeleric, but I'm sure he's a nice guy

no, you are wrong and stupid! Homer!

for the record, that was meant as a joke, I dont know caeleric, but I'm sure he's a nice guy

don't argue with me! :)

yeah, I'm joking too. trying to add a little levity to this thread.

don't argue with me! :)

yeah, I'm joking too. trying to add a little levity to this thread.

don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining read, but people need to let go... I don't understand that release, some trust TMAG and think it will do all right, fine, lets all smile and have a nice day

So what if I can tell you for fact, its a rebranded product dropped for big box to grab quick sales on the same cast. Does that change your perspective?

No it's doesn't. Also doesn't change the fact that these threads all start the same. Its getting old.

Looking at the pictures in my first post your telling me that they used the same mold to make this head and just changed the color and stickers? Not sure how that's possible being the Jet Speed and the SLDR were different heads. Now if you said they decided not to spend time on the design and take a little of each to make a "new" head I would understand that. Is it the right direction? Probably not and I'm not arguing that. Dan's comment about how it looks like an SLDR and Jet Speed had a baby makes more sense.

And once again. I'm not defending this club. I have no idea how it will play and neither does anyone else here. We can all assume it will be similar to the others but that's not the point I was making.

I like the idea of a low price point driver. Thats the only thing I like about this release.

Call me old fashioned, but $169 doesn't seem like a low price point to me. I know that the Callaways (and others) of the world are now selling $400 drivers, but I still feel like I'm getting plenty of performance out of my Ping G10, which I bought pre-owned for about $70 a few years ago.

Of course, I don't buy anything new (golf related) except wedges and putters, so it likely is just me being a cheapskate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back