What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a 91...
but was pretty happy with it considering i tripled the first 2 holes and another triple on that side due to a scuba diving ball on my tin cup hole
had the hooks all day but got a handle on it and finished with a decent draw...
i am getting lots of distance now... if only i could dial in some of my old accuracy... then id be golden
had some amazing recovery shots that didnt get me into deeper crap...
im close... really close

first time out in 3 weeks and I shot a 93 in the heat. had 4 pars with 2 in a row and 3 outta 4 holes. too many putts though, the greens had been aerified three weeks ago but they never bothered to tell me that when I called to make my tee time and asked how the course was. specifically if there was any flooding from all the rain and the condition of the freakin greens! grrrrr

Today was interesting day. Shot 80. But did so with a 45 on the front and a 35 on the back. The 35 on the back also included a missed 3 foot birdie putt. Just was playing so well off the tee with the driver testing.

Is that the new Miyazaki shaft?? I wish I could say I shot a 91 but I was testing equipment lol

I shot an 80 today, 39 front and 41 back. My putter made up for my irons. I was hitting them well just too dang long, 15 yards long. They weren't thinned shots either so I guess I was just catching them really clean. I had a shot at 79 on the 18th hole, missed a 20 footer for bird by one revolution of the ball! Oh well I'll hit it a tad more firm next time.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here.....79 tonight. I am thrilled, don't get me wrong but I can't even tell you the number of 79's I've shot lately. You know I think I only broke 80 once or twice last year! I'm loving the Project X shafts and the B330-s balls, I can't really identify any other changes, confidence.....that's a huge one I guess. Well, big weekend with the Club Championship so let's hope those 70's stick around baby!!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Good job on the 79 Bird, I'd love to be under 80 again. I got it twice last year and only twice I think this year, so far, but not getting to play much now. Good luck on the Club Championship.

Nice shooting P4B. I'm glad to hear it's all working well for ya. Go for the gold and take home the trophy!

shot an 88 today. 5 double bogeys on the back 9 ruined a fairly solid round. mainly pulling irons into poor excuses for bunkers. hahaha

Great round paulo!

Thanks P4B, but I need at least 4 shots off that to keep my handicap where it is! Could have been worse I guess.

Good going on your form at the moment! Keep it up, and enjoy it. Looks like you might have made that climb into the 70s for real. Keep playing with that confidence and it'll keep getting better! :D

Shot 78 yesterday... 42/36. I was -2 on the back until a duffed chip derailed that. Overall I was pretty happy with the round. I still had 34 putts, and I need to improve that if I want to get any better. Short game (chipping and putting) is killing me.

Shot 78 yesterday... 42/36. I was -2 on the back until a duffed chip derailed that. Overall I was pretty happy with the round. I still had 34 putts, and I need to improve that if I want to get any better. Short game (chipping and putting) is killing me.

Good round rbelbin, pretty solid with 34 putts.

Shot 86 today at a nice Canongate course that I have only played on a few times in scrambles so I was happy with the score. I hit my driver really well and putted better than usual. Iron shots were a bit off target today. Time to get that vision track back out and practice!

Shot 86 today at a nice Canongate course that I have only played on a few times in scrambles so I was happy with the score. I hit my driver really well and putted better than usual. Iron shots were a bit off target today. Time to get that vision track back out and practice!

I played with KellyBo on the same track today and shot 91. I had three triples on the back side. My wife played great! Healy Point is a tight hilly tree lined golf course in Macon, Ga. On one of the par fives (14 I think) she hit the green in two. She was so focused on each shot she forget she was putting for a Eagle from eight foot. Her drive was huge so I guess she thought it was a par four......She said darn, I missed my birdie putt. Our other partner said no Kelly, you were putting for eagle!

Last edited:
Nice rounds you two. Nice to see things coming together.

Wow! I've just got in from shooting my best ever round by far. My club has a 9 hole stableford comp every thursday, so I entered that but was always planning to continue through 18 holes. I finished the front 9 level par for 27 points (handicap used to be 17) which won the comp by 6 points and is the highest ever 9 hole score at the club. I also had a 10ft birdie putt on the 8th which lipped out at such a slow pace! I could have been -1 gross through 9 :D But I was over the moon with level par!! (previous best was +5).

Anyway, the back 9 didn't go quite so well. I was badly mis-judging any putt over 10ft, thnkfully my ball striking was still on fire and I made it round in 76 (+6) which was my best ever round by 4 shots. I'm well pumped up after it, especially as I've only been playing 10-12 weeks!!

Needless to say the club captain is cutting my handicap based on general play ;)

Wow! I've just got in from shooting my best ever round by far. My club has a 9 hole stableford comp every thursday, so I entered that but was always planning to continue through 18 holes. I finished the front 9 level par for 27 points (handicap used to be 17) which won the comp by 6 points and is the highest ever 9 hole score at the club. I also had a 10ft birdie putt on the 8th which lipped out at such a slow pace! I could have been -1 gross through 9 :D But I was over the moon with level par!! (previous best was +5).

Anyway, the back 9 didn't go quite so well. I was badly mis-judging any putt over 10ft, thnkfully my ball striking was still on fire and I made it round in 76 (+6) which was my best ever round by 4 shots. I'm well pumped up after it, especially as I've only been playing 10-12 weeks!!

Needless to say the club captain is cutting my handicap based on general play ;)

Great round Daz! Keep up the good work man :eek:)

I played with KellyBo on the same track today and shot 91. I had three triples on the back side. My wife played great! Healy Point is a tight hilly tree lined golf course in Macon, Ga. On one of the par fives (14 I think) she hit the green in two. She was so focused on each shot she forget she was putting for a Eagle from eight foot. Her drive was huge so I guess she thought it was a par four......She said darn, I missed my birdie putt. Our other partner said no Kelly, you were putting for eagle!

Gray's score doesn't reflect how good he hit the ball today. He is still working on a major swing change but I can see it all coming together very nicely. He is much more confident and relaxed these days and is shooting in the 80's most of the time. It will only get better as he gets used to his new swing.

I honestly thought that hole was a par 4 - not a 5 because it is short from the red tees. I hit my second shot pin high from about 145 yards out and honestly thought I was putting for birdie. It was nice to find out I had actually made a birdie instead of par. It was my only one as this course was tough! Especially that darn last water hole that stole my ball.

86. Pretty good round. Shot a 40 on the front and the wheels fell off a bit on the back.

Shot 80 yesterday, except I felt that I hit the ball wayy better than what the score showed. A little dissapointed it was not in the 70's but it will come. The front 9 was really sketchy. I shot 41 but only hit 3 greens in regulation.

I guess 2 doubles and 2 3 putt bogeys didnt help either.

I also played with a CPGA Pro who could just bomb the ball, he was 10 beers in on his round, played like crap (he did really, didn't look like he made any spectacular shots) and shot 73 (+2)

93... 5 hour round
wind was just brutal... i knew when i left the house the wind would play a big factor...
shoulda left the house 15 mins earlier and got in front of this tournament...
we followed a big outting that took up the whole course... 5 hrs... and they were playing best ball... uggggh how is that possible?
straight pushes with driver... straight pulls with irons... weird misreads putting
lots of thin shots
wind sucked... i flushed a driver and i swear it was coming back like a boomerang...
i flew a green with a 60° from 130 out... i straight pulled a 6i and the wind made it slice
man i was killing it on the range... couldnt take it to the course =/

84 45-39. I was used to putting on some fast greens and I went to a local course where the greens were so slow and just had a hard time adjusting. I hit some great shots on the back just couldn't get it together on the front.

1 3 putt for par? (par 5 on in 2 and 3 putt from 15 feet away)
Another 3 putt for par. Drove the green on a 342 yd par 4 and 3 putt
Strucks the irons really well I just couldn't get the speed of the greens down. Was crushing the ball.

Strucks the irons really well I just couldn't get the speed of the greens down. Was crushing the ball.

How much wind did you have on the 340 yard drive haha jk! nice BOMB!

bummer about turning eagle attempts into pars, but at least you had some eagle attempts!!! good stuff.

you're a monster off the tee man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back