The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bautista didn't stare the pitcher down. He stared the ball down.
Oh I wasn't saying he stared the pitcher down. Just saying because people are having an issue with him staring the ball down. But honestly even if he did give the pitcher a look I don't mind it.

He is paid to hit home runs and you are paid to not give them up. You don't like it don't give it up.

There have been bigger homeruns hit where guys simply hit the ball ran the bases and then celebrated with their team. It is possible. You can fast forward to about 0:26 seconds. If you don't recall this it was a walkoff that won a World Series Game.

Just one example... No stare down, no bat throw

Like we needed even more proof/footage of how the Rangers suck. Thanks Taylor.

Like we needed even more proof/footage of how the Rangers suck. Thanks Taylor.

Sorry, just trying to prove a point. Didn't even think about it Nathan. That wasn't suckage though, no 3 errors proceeding it.

There have been bigger homeruns hit where guys simply hit the ball ran the bases and then celebrated with their team. It is possible. You can fast forward to about 0:26 seconds. If you don't recall this it was a walkoff that won a World Series Game.

So the stare toward the pitcher after the triple and the helmet through the legs is ok but the bat flip is too much?

Sorry, just trying to prove a point. Didn't even think about it Nathan. That wasn't suckage though, no 3 errors proceeding it.

No worries, nothing a little bath salt combined with listening to the soundtrack to the crying game won't cure for tonight.

So the stare toward the pitcher after the triple and the helmet through the legs is ok but the bat flip is too much?

The game was over... He was celebrating with his teammates, my whole point. He didn't make the focus about himself standing in the batters box.. he hit the ball and ran the bases.

Also he didn't stare down the pitcher he was looking into the Cardinal dugout.. Trust me I have watched that game in its entirety probably a dozen times

The game was over... He was celebrating with his teammates, my whole point. He didn't make the focus about himself standing in the batters box.. he hit the ball and ran the bases.

Because he barely got it over the fence :alien:

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things. You either like when players show their emotions or you don't. For a regular season game I'll all over Bautista on this one. For the playoffs, I'm standing in my room fist pumping with him. I don't mind it at all -- And that's pretty much your argument in reverse haha!

It's all good.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things. You either like when players show their emotions or you don't. For a regular season game I'll all over Bautista on this one. For the playoffs, I'm standing in my room fist pumping with him. I don't mind it at all -- And that's pretty much your argument in reverse haha!

It's all good.

It really is man.. Like I said I cannot change that it happens, but I don't like it. I think it is drawing the focus away from the team in a team sport. I am not going to change my mind, but that is the amazing thing about opinions, we are all entitled to them.

Haha we all knew it was gone when it left his bat
It was no Schwarber HR.... that thing has been immortalized

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It really is man.. Like I said I cannot change that it happens, but I don't like it. I think it is drawing the focus away from the team in a team sport. I am not going to change my mind, but that is the amazing thing about opinions, we are all entitled to them.

at least it's drawing attention away from the all the beer cans thrown on the field by the fans during the top of the inning:alien:

at least it's drawing attention away from the all the beer cans thrown on the field by the fans during the top of the inning:alien:

Beer at the Rogers Centre is probably like 15 bucks too. That's a serious commitment to douchery.

wow love seeing so many baseball fans in here now

It was no Schwarber HR.... that thing has been immortalized

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes it has. It was hit a long way for sure. Hopefully he has a chance to do it in a World Series game for you Cubs fans

Last 5 are MUCH more entertaining.

Speak for yourself haha. I enjoy the build up. Baseball is my biggest passion for sure. I probably watch 200+ games a year between the Cards and all the Sunday Night baseball games and then the playoffs.

Speak for yourself haha. I enjoy the build up. Baseball is my biggest passion for sure. I probably watch 200+ games a year between the Cards and all the Sunday Night baseball games and then the playoffs.

Oh, believe you me...I'm only speaking for myself. :act-up:

He is paid to hit home runs and you are paid to not give them up. You don't like it don't give it up.
This kind of thinking reduces sports to the lowest common denomonator where one guy gets to be a jackass because the other guy sucked. I'd like to think people can be better than that.

This kind of thinking reduces sports to the lowest common denomonator where one guy gets to be a jackass because the other guy sucked. I'd like to think people can be better than that.
And then that all comes down to one's opinion of being a jackass. I don't think he was being one by flipping a bat and staring the ball down but you might and that is OK with me

His reaction was a bit much, I would certainly hope he would be more restrained if he does it again this series. But from everything I've ever heard he's a great guy, and it was a HUGE moment for him.

What about Kirk Gibson fist pumping? Or Joe Carter jumping up and down around the bases? It's emotion. I don't think Bautista flipped his bat to show up the pitcher. It seems like he tossed the bat out of excitement.

I know we have talked about Carlos Gomez. I don't like the pitcher stare down, but Bautista didn't stare anybody down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back