Poll: Do you place driver on the ground or hover it in the air?

Poll: Do you place driver on the ground or hover it in the air?

• Total voters

Vadim

Reaction score
Handicap
My pro told me to try placing on the ground before I hit, i seem to now hit sweet spot more often, what do you prefer and why?

Ground for me for pretty much the same reason. Consistency more than anything.

When I hit my 3 wood I put it on the ground. I am experimenting in air and on ground with driver but mostly hovering.

Ground. It gives me a good reference point for consitancy, and I can relax my muscles before I swing. Hovering keeps me too tight.

I agree , i feel like i can relax hands more if i place on the ground

Ground here too. I have a tendency to close the face if I don't ground it first.

I tap mine on the ground before go. If I rest it on the ground I have difficulty releasiing the tension in my arms. If I tap it on the ground the tension goes out of my arms just before I take the club back.

I was doing the Happy Gilmore swing today and it was more consistent than either lol. Got a wicked video too.

i let it hover just feels more comfortable

I've tried it both ways, seems like Nicklaus says to hover it (I could be worng about that), but I always go back to grounding it.

Many of the pro's are now doing what they call "The bounce". They seem to think it gives them reference to the ground even though they touch base line, (ground), then hit the ball on the way up.

Ground for me too.

I have always grounded the club. The only place I don't is in a hazard.

Ground. I find I make way better contact this way, and I also tee it lower than most do with the driver, so that helps me "feel" where I need the club to come back to when I swing.

Ground as well. Never got comfortable with hovering.

i'm not coordinated enough to hover, swing, make contact. plus i'm lazy, so grounding just makes sense.

I am a grounder.

On the ground for me. I'm not sure if being over six foot makes any difference however I just feel more secure with the driver starting from the ground.

On the ground 95% of the time but if I try to crank one out there, like a scramble ill hover, helps me not smack the ground...most of the time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I ground but not for very long. I also make sure to put the ball a little off center from the sweetspot towards the toe. It has really helped me hit the sweetspot more.

I'm on the ground.

ground

I tried hovering for a while, but never could get comfortable with it.

+1 I thouhgt hovering added more tension in my arms vs. grounding the club
I tried hovering for a while, but never could get comfortable with it.

Back