Over/Under in 2011 Ian James Poulter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another game of over/under. Ian Poulter played really well in 2010 and has continued to play really well in the Ryder Cup as well as the late season events.

With that said, Over or Under 1.5 wins in 2011 and why?

Another game of over/under. Ian Poulter played really well in 2010 and has continued to play really well in the Ryder Cup as well as the late season events.

With that said, Over or Under 1.5 wins in 2011 and why?

like you said, played real well at the end of the season, had a win on the PGA tour. If you include both tours I will say over.

This isnt too tough, I am going over. He has been playing well and I think it will pour over to the new year

Both tours, over. If he can keep up his good play, he will win 1 in the US and at least 1 in Europe where the fields aren't as strong.
If it's just the PGA TOUR, I say under at 1 win. It's tough to carry momentum between seasons. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I would say over with two wins because he is in top form and has the grit and determination to step his game up. I would not be surprised if he won a major this year. I suppose so because he has my driver. :crying:

under. he may do well enough to win one tournament but I don't think he has a consistent enough game to notch 2 wins

I'm gonna go under, just have a feeling that he is going to have a letdown year... not wishing it on him, just a feeling. In fact I hope I'm wrong.

Counting all tournaments, whether US, Euro, Asia or WGC, I would say over.

Both tours, over. If he can keep up his good play, he will win 1 in the US and at least 1 in Europe where the fields aren't as strong.
If it's just the PGA TOUR, I say under at 1 win. It's tough to carry momentum between seasons. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I'll say over counting both tours but I don't know if you can say for sure anymore that the PGA tour is stronger than the PGA Europe.

I hope under. Mostly because I'm a hater!

I'm going to be like most other people and say that if this means worldwide wins, I'm going over. What will be interesting is if he can step up in the majors and be a contender in one. I think his best finish in a major was a 2nd in the Open Championship with Harrington won in 2008, but he backdoored into that when Greg Norman collapsed in the final round, Poulter never had a serious chance to win.

I'll say between both Tours, he'll be over. He's playing better, but still has a ways to go to win a major, but who knows? Maybe he'll surprise us.

I would say over, based on his play lately and because I am a fan of his and wish the best for him.

I think over between the 2 tours. I think he is motivated by his mates doing so well and he wants his props too.

I am going way over and I think he wins POY. Of course I'm a huge IJP fan so I might be slightly biased

I'm gonna say under. Just a gut feeling. With the Euro tour getting deeper and the PGA always been a tough place to play especially in its signature events (which I think are the only ones he plays on this side of the pond). I'm hoping that I'm wrong on this one since I like the guy.

I think over between the 2 tours. I think he is motivated by his mates doing so well and he wants his props too.

I think this is the reason I'll be saying over. He still feels like he has something to prove, and is trying to back up his big talk. That might actually hold him back a little from being as loose as he needs to be, but I think he'll do well this coming year.

He sort of disappeared mid season in 2010. He seems really motivated right now though. I say over.

I tapped, I talked.

I'll take the over. I think he is starting to hit his stride as a player.

i'm definitely taking the over. he may be in the best form of his career, and he knows it. he seems to really shine in the larger events and i wouldn't be surprised to see him bag his first major in 2011.

For this would it be on the pga or all tours? If just pga, under. Euro and other tours, over.

I think he will have a multiple win year in '11. He has tremendous confidence in his game and I think he is really wanting to drive the nail home that he isn't just a stylish pair of pants with a great haircut.

With my tweet advice he should win 2 times this year. I like what Ive seen from this guys putter lately.

Between the two tours, I gotta say over!

Back