5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Nice P4B, I have P90X but haven't started it yet. Glad to hear you are doing it and I have only heard great things about it. I have stayed away from this thread for a while as xmas time and eggnog were killing any gains I was making before the holidays. Update for me I guess, I have lost about 5 pounds and feel really good about it and don't really have that much more to lose but am just trying to get in better shape. The biggest gain for me has been in the smoking department, which has gone from about a pack a day to 5 right now. Starting next week they are gone for good and can't be happier they are going to out of my life...again.

That takes more heart and determination than anything. Studies say quitting smoking is like quitting heroin. You should be very proud of yourself. Congrats on all the positive changes!!

Well today was day 4 of P90X, which brought on the dreaded Yoga.....frick that sucks man! I tell you what though, if I can just take Tony Horton's advice and free my mind of what I'm doing and just focus on the movements, the stretches, and the poses it really makes you feel great when it's finished. I was starting to get a little tight from the weights and push ups and pull ups of the first few days but today I felt really good. Tomorrow is legs and back then Saturday is my favorite one, Kenpo- lots of kicking and punching and yelling HI-YA! Really fun!

LOVE the yoga. We did P90X with our football team last year, I did alot of it with them. Hated the Yoga at first, it is one of my absolute favorite things now, so relaxing. Need to start the P90X for a full term after I'm off induction. It truly works.

Nice P4B, I have P90X but haven't started it yet. Glad to hear you are doing it and I have only heard great things about it. I have stayed away from this thread for a while as xmas time and eggnog were killing any gains I was making before the holidays. Update for me I guess, I have lost about 5 pounds and feel really good about it and don't really have that much more to lose but am just trying to get in better shape. The biggest gain for me has been in the smoking department, which has gone from about a pack a day to 5 right now. Starting next week they are gone for good and can't be happier they are going to out of my life...again.

I am SO SO happy for you coolbreeze! I smoked until I was about 27 (a lifetime ago) and quit with the promise never to pick one up again. It was VERY tough but I have never smoked since. I have a son who finally quit at age 29 and I couldn't be happier. Woohoo! I'm REALLY excited about you doing this!!

We have some real successes going on here guys and gals!

I was totally kidding. I am really impressed that you are doing well with P90X. I am way too out of shape for that. I tried to do it but I couldn't get past the first day. Those push ups where your feet are elevated are impossible to do. I am hoping I can get into better shape so I can do P90X.

Lets see here....let me think, um- NO! Believe me, we'll both live happier/healthier lives without that happening!

Well today was day 4 of P90X, which brought on the dreaded Yoga.....frick that sucks man! I tell you what though, if I can just take Tony Horton's advice and free my mind of what I'm doing and just focus on the movements, the stretches, and the poses it really makes you feel great when it's finished. I was starting to get a little tight from the weights and push ups and pull ups of the first few days but today I felt really good. Tomorrow is legs and back then Saturday is my favorite one, Kenpo- lots of kicking and punching and yelling HI-YA! Really fun!

Way to stick at it! Yoga is so good for your body & your mind. Reminds me I need to get back to yoga.

I was totally kidding. I am really impressed that you are doing well with P90X. I am way too out of shape for that. I tried to do it but I couldn't get past the first day. Those push ups where your feet are elevated are impossible to do. I am hoping I can get into better shape so I can do P90X.
Yeah I know, I think we'd both get some pretty good laughs though. Mostly you laughing at me. I think we're better off with the TW saving my life on the bench press setup instead!

I'm trying hard, with this being my first week back into it I'm being careful not to try to over do it though, believe me I look NOTHING like Tony Horton or Pam the Blam or any of the rest of them on that when I'm doing the exercises but I know as I get further through it I'll be able to really give it a go without holding back soon.

That takes more heart and determination than anything. Studies say quitting smoking is like quitting heroin. You should be very proud of yourself. Congrats on all the positive changes!!

I am SO SO happy for you coolbreeze! I smoked until I was about 27 (a lifetime ago) and quit with the promise never to pick one up again. It was VERY tough but I have never smoked since. I have a son who finally quit at age 29 and I couldn't be happier. Woohoo! I'm REALLY excited about you doing this!!

We have some real successes going on here guys and gals!

Thanks everyone. I never should have started again after having quit for 4 years or so but we do stupid things and now am working hard to get that monkey off my back.

Thanks everyone. I never should have started again after having quit for 4 years or so but we do stupid things and now am working hard to get that monkey off my back.

Cool you are my hero dude! Kudos to you for this great deed for yourself and your family. Just think, you will be able to save quite a bit of money the next few months and reward yourself with something at the outing :thumb:

Cool you are my hero dude! Kudos to you for this great deed for yourself and your family. Just think, you will be able to save quite a bit of money the next few months and reward yourself with something at the outing :thumb:

Thanks a lot gray, your kind words mean a lot, my reward for quiting is the outing.

KellyBo and I played golf with Mary today at our golf course. She is looking so good! I feel honored to have her as our close friend and she is so much fun to play golf with. A class act and she hit many really good shots today! Those black pants she had on looked mighty loose to me :thumb:

Way to go everyone, I am doing best and have been looking to this thread for some much needed inspiration.. thanks!

DSCF7464.jpg

Mary is looking so good! I snapped a pic of her while we were playing golf today. Here she is getting her aim right. We had such a blast! I wish she lived down south instead of in New York darn it. We're both such golf addicts and I love her company so much.

At 132.6 precisely. But that was in jeans and a hoodie and when I weighed in to set my goal for this I was 132 in gym shorts and a tshirt. So good I guess.

Lost 5lbs. this week........45lbs. to go!

Wow that's great! Congrats!! I just got back from the gym. I normally take the weekends off but I had to go because I ate way too many raisinets yesterday. Plus it worked out well because Tiger was there. He was on the stationary bike directly behind me while I was on the treadmill. It pushed me to run for longer....you know to impress him haha.

Lost 5lbs. this week........45lbs. to go!

Lol. That is awesome though!!!! Great job!
Wow that's great! Congrats!! I just got back from the gym. I normally take the weekends off but I had to go because I ate way too many raisinets yesterday. Plus it worked out well because Tiger was there. He was on the stationary bike directly behind me while I was on the treadmill. It pushed me to run for longer....you know to impress him haha.

I was gonna keep my weight off the board cause I'm kinda weird about it. But I figured you all are cool haha. Anyway, I told KB I started off at 257.8. Down to 251.4 after 6 days. I weigh myself in the mornings because I picked that as my time haha. Very happy and I see that 30lbs going pretty quick.

Nice job on the loss so far Pirate! You'll hit that 45lbs before you know it.

Maybe he looked at you and thought " look at that girl training hard" and it made him push it harder! Way to go GG!!!!

I was gonna keep my weight off the board cause I'm kinda weird about it. But I figured you all are cool haha. Anyway, I told KB I started off at 257.8. Down to 251.4 after 6 days. I weigh myself in the mornings because I picked that as my time haha. Very happy and I see that 30lbs going pretty quick.

It will be sweet to see 250 anything on the scale. Haven't seen that since 1983....freshman in college then. Thanks Yoccos!

Hey man, we are definitely here to support each other. Especially us thick guys haha. I know you will get there. Determination is a wonderful thing!
It will be sweet to see 250 anything on the scale. Haven't seen that since 1983....freshman in college then. Thanks Yoccos!

Hey man, we are definitely here to support each other. Especially us thick guys haha. I know you will get there. Determination is a wonderful thing!

We're just big boned buddy! hehehe ......... I'm here if anyone needs my help for anything.......you'll always get my best!

I am weird about talking about my weight too. And the funny thing is I normally don't even care about the number it's all about how I feel in my clothes. But my number is higher than it's every been before so I try to not even think about it. All I know is today I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn is a year. My other jeans still don't fit but I got these on and buttoned and for that I am happy.

You are doing so well and we are all so proud of you!! You will reach your goal in no time. :smile:

Maybe he looked at you and thought " look at that girl training hard" and it made him push it harder! Way to go GG!!!!

That would be really funny if somehow I actually pushed him. I tried to play it cool like I was planning to run that long the entire time but I was dying towards the end. Turned out to be a great run though. I am really glad I decided to go to the gym today. If I can just control my eating habits better (*cough cough* - JB please stop trying to get to me eat cookies *cough cough*) then I would be seeing better results.

I love seeing everyone motivate each other on here. You all are doing so well and should seriously be so proud of yourselves!!!

Great point GG. It matters how ya feel too. And the jeans test is the best one. Great job!!!!

Pirate, we are lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to the gym in about 30 minutes for a good workout and then to the grocery store for a few items. We are suppose to get a good icing/snow type winter weather warning here tonight in Ga. I am so proud of each one of you who are busting your butts to keep in shape!
You can do it and all of you are an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for the uplifting posts :clapp:

I am just curious if anyone has heard or tried the African Mango fruit which according to Dr Oz on the Oprah show helps to loose several pounds in less than a month!

http://www.post-sentinel.com/

Back