The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The townhouse option we're all going with will end up being that price for the entire weekend.
yikes - that will be hard to beat :(

Are you solo cg? No ball and chain? Maybe we could share a two bedroom suite? When are you getting in? I'm almost certainly getting there Tuesday night. Would love to play Wednesday and Thursday.

Kevin

Im solo Monday through Fri definately. I def want to try a practice round at reunion atleast one of those days - if not two. Girlfriend may fly down Fri-Mon. shes probably going to be out of vacation time - so itll be sick days fri and mon. so were not entirely sure. As long as it would be ok for her to stay in my room if she does make it - and not make anyone uncomfortable - ill pick up the added costs, etc. We're pretty quiet and could have some nice dinners too. Id love to try a cookout maybe thurs or something if we get a place with a kitchen/grill. I know JB said THP dinner friday. So we have a few nights we'll be scrounging for ourselves. Invite the other teammates over or something.

I'm going to reach out to my contact at Reunion and see if he might be interested in doing a nice rate for a huge house on grounds that we may be able to squeeze some of us in. We still have ample time to figure some things out.

that would be sick captain!

Just thinking about this as well. Convinience too.

yea i wouldnt have a car if i stayed at reunion - offsite - getting to the course, etc could be hairy with all the clubs? idk.

I wonder... If we were to stay at Reunion on Sat night would they let us play it on the Thursday as our included round?

TC could you ask this?

Tappin to the oldies

I wonder... If we were to stay at Reunion on Sat night would they let us play it on the Thursday as our included round?

TC could you ask this?

Tappin to the oldies

I can certainly ask bro.

I can certainly ask bro.

Thanks. I am not opposed to staying there for Sat night. This may be a good option.

Edit ...
I fact after 36 on Saturday I likely won't want to go anywhere. Lol

Tappin to the oldies

I'm going to Golfsmith to look at the TaylorMade offerings this afternoon. They told me last week the forged irons would be in today. And maybe new wedges? Not sure if they're releasing new wedges, but I thought they are.

Kevin

I hope you get to swing them buddy! New wedges? I havent heard of them releasing any.

I will be flying in from Vegas either wednesday or thursday. not sure which one yet.

I have seen pics of a black version of the xFt wedges, but I think it was an Asian release. I plan on going to try out the new irons Sunday since they are calling for SNOW here!

I hope you get to swing them buddy! New wedges? I havent heard of them releasing any.

Not sure they'll have much in lefty, but we'll see. I'd like to shake a little rust off first anyway. When I think about it, I asked the guy last week about the Z TP wedges. They didn't have any, and he indicated maybe some were coming today with the irons. Maybe that's why I thought they were new.

Are the Z TP wedges still an active line? They look pretty sharp.

Kevin

TC - did you get a chance to talk to Reunion today?

I will be flying in from Vegas either wednesday or thursday. not sure which one yet.

high roller...are you coming in from a private lesson with Natalie Gulbis?

TC - did you get a chance to talk to Reunion today?

It appears as though he's out of the office today.

Sorry.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Golfsmith didn't have the new TM irons today. They have not been shipped. Bummer.

Kevin

Golfsmith didn't have the new TM irons today. They have not been shipped. Bummer.

Kevin

Sorry to hear that man, I got to hit the CB's and the MC's the other day and I can't stop thinking about the CB's. For that matter, all the other equipment either.

went to the golfsmith before work - hoping to hit the new TM irons. No go. They had the rescue 11 hybrids - and i hit those. they flew well from what i could tell - the launch monitors on the sales floor at this golfsmith leave a lot to be desired. they barely detect a swing half the time. The golftec monitors are more accurate when i take lessons or use a practice session - but the bays were full today.

I hit the SF 2.0 driver and the R11 driver again. Im really liking the smaller head on the R11 - i think im really going to like this driver.

Saw the tour ghost putters on the putting green. So i rolled the daytona blade - (comparable to my method 001) and it was nice. heavier than my method it felt. Nailed the short putts - but came up short on a few lags.

Tried the maranello and really liked it lagging. hit the short putts too. ive never rolled a mid mallet like it. i have a seemore mfgp2 that is a bigger mallet. i liked the smaller mallet sized head with a heel shaft. The seemore being center shafted - and bigger just isnt my thing ive decided.

Love my method 001 - especially on the 3-8 foot putts -- but i dont have good feel on longer lags.

The mid mallet maranello may be the answer. It had good weight - heavier than the method - and i nailed the short putts consistantly - and had a good lag feel to it. Pretty looking putter - and the new THP putter covers should fit it nicely.

Sounds good CG...I'm going up to Edwin Watts later this morning to check out what they have of the new TaylorMade products. The putters are definitely one of the items I hope to get my hands on (particularly the Fontana). Sounds like the iron availability is a bit hit or miss still, so I won't count on seeing those.

I might have to make a trip to Chicago for this...the only golf store here has the RAZR Forged and thats it. No Tours and no normals. Anyone have any suggestions for a good fitter in Chicago or the surrounding area for Callaway?

I might have to make a trip to Chicago for this...the only golf store here has the RAZR Forged and thats it. No Tours and no normals. Anyone have any suggestions for a good fitter in Chicago or the surrounding area for Callaway?

JRod, I searched for Callaway Demo days that are close to QC, Ill. and I found this:

MIDLAND COUNTRY CLUB
3536 MIDLAND RD
KEWANEE, IL 61443
(309) 852 - 4508
Distance:
34.62 Miles
Driving Directions
Date & TimeUpcoming Events
May 20, 2011
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Demo Day
Demo Day

JRod, I searched for Callaway Demo days that are close to QC, Ill. and I found this:

MIDLAND COUNTRY CLUB
3536 MIDLAND RD
KEWANEE, IL 61443
(309) 852 - 4508
Distance:
34.62 Miles
Driving Directions
Date & TimeUpcoming Events
May 20, 2011
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Demo Day
Demo Day

Awesome thanks TC, I think Golf Discount has their giant demo day somewhere around that time also...I believe May 11.

Jrod, Dicks has them. You could probably swing them there just for a little pre demo day scouting.

Posted via Tapatalk.

No worries bro. From everything I looked at, it seems like most of your demo day options are going to be in May. There are tons of clubs in the Chicago area that are authorized Callaway dealers, and many of them have fitting carts. It might be worth reaching out to a few and see if it's possible for you to access their services.

No worries bro. From everything I looked at, it seems like most of your demo day options are going to be in May. There are tons of clubs in the Chicago area that are authorized Callaway dealers, and many of them have fitting carts. It might be worth reaching out to a few and see if it's possible for you to access their services.

Yah thats the other thing, I would really like to get fitted properly for all of this.

Yah thats the other thing, I would really like to get fitted properly for all of this.

The other thing you may want to consider is that when TC asked JB the question of if we should go ahead and get fitted or wait until we had better details from Callaway and TM, he said the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back