The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add that all putter requests have been sent in to be built.

that's fantastic news! I knew my tour rep would be on top of that. I can't wait to get that #9 in hand.

That's how I take wind out of the equation.

I just don't play in it...unless in FL or Deleware

we took Nefnys Callaway UproGo out today for the first time. I thought it worked great, it's a nice little gps, I wouldn't be upset if one of those made it in my staff bag:wink:

I've been to busy posting in circles to what I suspect are people much younger than me in that PW thread to trash talk. I fear I'm having problems communicating with the youth of today that grew up playing four wedges.

Hawk asked earlier what I was looking for in an iron. I'd like to hit the ball a little higher than I do with my Tour Burners. I'd like to hit a little farther than I do with my Tour Burners. I'd like as much or more forgiveness than I get from my Tour Burners. Because we don't know what we're going to be offered, I don't have much more to say. This is no way a knock against Callaway, as I have played their woods, but I have never hit a Callaway iron in my life, so I feel pretty fortunate to have ended up in the TM camp for an event as competitive as this is shaping up to be. I'm comfortable with both their woods and irons as I have played their irons for the last four years I think, and played their woods almost exclusively back to when the first metal woods were small and gray/silver.

I thought I posted it, but I took a Corza. Pretty much standard with 15 grams more weight.

Team Paradise > Team Hackers.

Kevin

I've been to busy posting in circles to what I suspect are people much younger than me in that PW thread to trash talk. I fear I'm having problems communicating with the youth of today that grew up playing four wedges.

Hawk asked earlier what I was looking for in an iron. I'd like to hit the ball a little higher than I do with my Tour Burners. I'd like to hit a little farther than I do with my Tour Burners. I'd like as much or more forgiveness than I get from my Tour Burners. Because we don't know what we're going to be offered, I don't have much more to say. This is no way a knock against Callaway, as I have played their woods, but I have never hit a Callaway iron in my life, so I feel pretty fortunate to have ended up in the TM camp for an event as competitive as this is shaping up to be. I'm comfortable with both their woods and irons as I have played their irons for the last four years I think, and played their woods almost exclusively back to when the first metal woods were small and gray/silver.

I thought I posted it, but I took a Corza. Pretty much standard with 15 grams more weight.

Team Paradise > Team Hackers.

Kevin

I am just trying to keep you on your toes, ya semi-centarian.
I think it is very fortunate that you ended up with TM then. It sucks playing stuff you are uncomfortable with.

When witty trash talk or banter is needed, Esox is your man.

Indeed.

It's why a soild high five should be heading his way at the MC care of me through F2G. In return I expect a autographed picture that I can put on the wall. Said picture might feature TC standing with the cup over Esox's body but thems the breaks.

I should add that all putter requests have been sent in to be built.

awesome! what did they get our lefty from canada? Mr. CB?

So far i have the list as this: correct me if im wrong.

Team Hackers
TC: Backstryke D.A.R.T.
AHA: Tour Black #2
JROD: Tour Black #9
OEM KEV: Backstryke D.A.R.T.

DirtyDawg: TM110 Daytona
CoolBreeze: LH ???
CG13: TM880 Maranello
AdWillingham: TM770 Fontana

Team Paradise
Biggsy: Corza Ghost
Esox: Corza Ghost
RBelbin: TM880 Maranello
Flipper: Corza Ghost

P4B: White Ice D.A.R.T. Mallet
One-T: Tour Black #2
DDEC: Tour Black #9
Toccos: White Ice D.A.R.T. Mallet

A testament to the quality of the putters from TaylorMade: The Corza Ghost seems to be the unilateral winner with 3 gamers. Possibly 4 if CB is gaming one lefty.
The Backstryke drew 2 gamers from Team Hackers, while the Dart Mallet drew 2 gamers for Team Paradise. Interesting.

Great stuff to come! Im already planning an unboxing video - but rest assured the champagne will be saved for Aug. 21 for my teammates and I and the Morgan Cup Trophy.

Caught up in the thread - and the excitement is holding strong.

Girlfriend out of town - high of 55 and sunny tomorrow = means im off to bed to hit the course by 9, 11:00 tee time - and i may do a replay when im done. Or perhaps a short game practice session afterwards.

catch up tomorrow night.

Happiest TaylorMade Staffer ever, signing off.

awesome! what did they get our lefty from canada? Mr. CB?

So far i have the list as this: correct me if im wrong.

Team Hackers
TC: Backstryke D.A.R.T.
AHA: Tour Black #2
JROD: Tour Black #9
OEM KEV: Backstryke D.A.R.T.

DirtyDawg: TM110 Daytona
CoolBreeze: LH ???
CG13: TM880 Maranello
AdWillingham: TM770 Fontana

Team Paradise
Biggsy: Corza Ghost
Esox: Corza Ghost
RBelbin: TM880 Maranello
Flipper: Corza Ghost

P4B: White Ice D.A.R.T. Mallet
One-T: Tour Black #2
DDEC: Tour Black #9
Toccos: White Ice D.A.R.T. Mallet

A testament to the quality of the putters from TaylorMade: The Corza Ghost seems to be the unilateral winner with 3 gamers. Possibly 4 if CB is gaming one lefty.
The Backstryke drew 2 gamers from Team Hackers, while the Dart Mallet drew 2 gamers for Team Paradise. Interesting.

Great stuff to come! Im already planning an unboxing video - but rest assured the champagne will be saved for Aug. 21 for my teammates and I and the Morgan Cup Trophy.
Yep, I think that's how it all worked out CG. I'm really excited about the DART, since I placed an order for that one I've been admiring it in ads and a couple times seeing one in person. I really realized yesterday just how much I'm going to appreciate that alignment aid as I still have times where I'll inexplicably just putt the ball well off my intended target line not knowing why. The DART Mallet should really help me out with that. I can't wait to get it in the bag and begin putting better, right now!

One-t and I are playing today and I've got a special video coming for my boy carebear!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'm on the edge of my seat.....

There's smething just not right with your avatar there Jake. Is it the fluff of hair on top of its head? :D

You a poults can really pull of the pink though.

Taking old faithful out today....Diablo Edge, I need to hit some fairways!

Good luck out there TC, I had a great round yesterday so I hope you play well as well. CG, I didn't put down a specific putter, I gave the specs of putter that I like to play and that I play best with. I know my options as a lefty are limited but I just gave my specs and we will see what happens.

Im ready to see some more videos

Just got back from a practice session in my back yard with Birdie Balls, and a SW. Even though it was only 39* out there, I was pretty pleased with it, hit about 200 shots, everything from flop shots to knock downs were coming off as expected. The birdie balls are really affected by the wind, so it is hard to tell by where they end up, but there were mostly within 10-15 ft of each other on full swings. I know it isn't real golf as Team Hackers like to rub in, but it is as close as I can get for the next little while.

Just got back from a practice session in my back yard with Birdie Balls, and a SW. Even though it was only 39* out there, I was pretty pleased with it, hit about 200 shots, everything from flop shots to knock downs were coming off as expected. The birdie balls are really affected by the wind, so it is hard to tell by where they end up, but there were mostly within 10-15 ft of each other on full swings. I know it isn't real golf as Team Hackers like to rub in, but it is as close as I can get for the next little while.

Glad you were out practicing man, I know its tough where you live, but no birdie balls in the backyard is not real golf.

Better than a sim, at least I can "see" the spin and flight of the ball.

Absolutly, I've never hit a birdie ball to be honest.

I'll bring you some at the outing, they are awesome!

Thanks man, I've looked in to them and they seem pretty cool actually.

I got a few practice tips yesterday from PGA Tour pro and fellow Cheesehead Mark Wilson. Yeah, he's won twice already this year, and he wanted to give me a little insight into how he prepares for a big event. We did about a half an hour Skype session. Good stuff. Thanks, Mark.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back