2012 Morgan Cup Recap Thread

Ok just took the time to catch up on some video recaps. Have a few more to watch. So far they have all been awesome and make me miss being around all of you.

TBT - it was great to share a round with you at Caledonia. I really enjoyed it. You get off the tee and roll the putter as good or better than anyone else I have ever seen. The reaction of CB on the 7th green at Caledonia is something I won't forget when you drained that 30 footer to win the hole. Such a good round, even though we were both exhausted by the end of it. You are one of the guys that put a lot of work in to your game and it showed. Very inspirational my friend. I hope I am luckily enough to tee it up with you again in the future.

WCBM - I had a blast meeting you. You and I may have conversed more than anyone else going in to this. From setting flights to equipment chatter. You sure did have a lot of stuff on your plate this year and I think you handled it all extremely well. I'll never forget the first night in your villa, poor CL was telling me he was a little worried about how you would play that weekend. I took one look at you and said to him, check him out he'll be just fine. Sure enough you were. You hit it wicked far which has me jealous. We will be teeing it up in the fall.

Bradd - I would have thought you would have done a witness protection video if you had gone 0-4 and came in last, not after having a successful week like you did haha. It was great meeting you and your family down in MB. I know we spent some time on the range chatting it up and working on some crazy shots. Hell we even did a 75 yard challenge! You've got some serious game and a great looking swing. Hopefully we can tee it up at the 2013 outing. Also thanks for the very kind words in your video.

I've been getting swamped lately and have only been reading and putting up small posts for a week or so, but I spent two full hours catching up on every post in this thread.
WOW! If I weren't already jealous of the participants, and pissed off I didn't apply, I certainly am now!

TBT's video could have been mine for the first few minutes. I did not apply, although I was encouraged to do so, also because I wanted to improve my game greatly before I applied in fear that I would embarass myself or my potential sponsor. I see now that's not even what this is all about. I am amazed at the heart in the videos and the depth of gratitude each participant had for JB/GG, each and every team member, the volunteers, and sponsors for the opportunity to experience the MC. I'm upset I didn't go, in at least some capacity, and missed out on the excitement, joy and fellowship the event provided. I'm upset I didn't get to meet David (Go Irish!) and his to-be bride. I'm upset I didn't get to see the catch-up match and victory for Team Hackers (my favored team). I'm upset I missed out on everything the MC apparently was that I didn't previously understand.

I've met 1/2 the participants before, and love seeing any of them any time I have the chance, mostly outings, but this seems to have been an entirely different version of any outing or round of golf or even hotel party I've seen with THP. I'm excited FOR the participants in that they will have this memory forever. Missing it was just bad judgement on my part. I WILL be putting up an entry/video/essay or whatever it takes to apply for MC 3.0 next year. At least I did improve my game and lower my HC about 5 points this summer while I stupidly missed out on 2.0.

Great vids and comments guys and gals. Amazing stuff, and congratulations.

Last edited:
Yay T0ad! I think you would be a great MC participant. I think this year has opened a lot of eyes as to what the Morgan Cup is all about. It was something really special.

Catching up on the videos

TC, the media day video you shot was awesome. Nice to see your perspective on how much you like that day

Trying my best to catch up on these videos...you dudes are all awesome!

TBT - Man, you just speak from the heart and I think that's why so many of us are fond of you on the site. I keep looking forward to the day our paths cross and hope it's soon my man. Another great story of what might happen if you just submit those entries, even if you think you might not get picked. You could really tell how special it was for you being selected. I'm glad you got to have this happen to you! Congrats!

Chunky - Love the stories and your descriptions of the people you met! Cookie being tall and intense....Ha!

TC - Glad you did a video my man. And loved the rant half way though it! After following this MC more closely, I'm starting to get the idea of what the MC is about too. You can't help but get the meaning of the MC with what's being posted in these videos. Really hitting home runs with 'em.

WCBM and InGolfer - You boys need some video lessons. Ha! I thought I was about to get a ransom demand! Great stuff again. Really enjoying the story telling and hearing how the MC was special in your eyes. Thanks for posting.

This has been a great thread to read and watch videos that have been uploaded, great job guys.. Can't wait to hear from the others

This has been a great thread to read and watch videos that have been uploaded, great job guys.. Can't wait to hear from the others

Trout, you always gave me encouragement even when I played bad. I appreciated it and it helped me a little. Thanks Dude!

I hope to catch up on this thread soon. I am gonna try tonight on my ipad once I get home tonight.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

My wife has been watching these videos with me and wanted me to tell everyone that she misses them! Man this is awesome...its gonna be so much easier to talk her into going to Demo Days now, I'm so glad she came, haha

Finally caught up again. Bradd and WCBM, you guys remind me of those documentaries where they black out the criminals and what not.

Yeah I'm thinking for my next video I need to disguise the voice as well, maybe make it all deep

My wife has been watching these videos with me and wanted me to tell everyone that she misses them! Man this is awesome...its gonna be so much easier to talk her into going to Demo Days now, I'm so glad she came, haha

Sounds exactly like Mrs. Whozat. The wife is all about golf right now. Only issue is she won't let me start her off with any old starter set. She wants to read THP reviews and get fit for top of the line sticks. It is nice that she gets THP now and understands why I love this place. Now she is taking charge of planning for us to make it to a Tour Van stop and the Outing in May.

Trout, you always gave me encouragement even when I played bad. I appreciated it and it helped me a little. Thanks Dude!

I hope to catch up on this thread soon. I am gonna try tonight on my ipad once I get home tonight.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

I felt the same way about you guys man, you kept us pumped up. We need to hook up and play dude.

just wanted to say a few words as apparently im taking part in dave s recap videos with him. as u can imagine our trip to myrtle beach turned out to be so much more for so many reasons. after 3 flights on Tuesday we finally arrived in myrtle beach to be greeted by cookie(wat a cool dude) who was kind enough to come and get us. we got to our villa to meet Stephanie who i now consider will be a very good friend for a long time :) and chunky who is the funniest man. on Wednesday we headed to do a bit of sightseeing and had the barbecue where we met everybody and i have to say everyone made us feel so welcome and it was like we had all known each other for years. not much happened on Thursday as the boys played their practice rounds. AH Friday the day everything changed. well it started with media day which everyone seemed to enjoy and for some of our family here it was cool to be able to watch Dave on the live streaming. little did i know everything was gonna change that evening. it all started out quite normal thank u to thp for providing us with dinner. as u all know Dave decided to give me the biggest shock ever. i still cant look at the video without crying. it was the best day of my life so far. and to add to it after a very bad day on Saturday TEAM HACKERS pulled it out of the bag to win the morgan cup 2.0 and we cannot wait to come back next year. thank you to morgan and Jb for a great week and to all the participants and golf widows for making the holiday so so good

Nice recap Regina. It was great to meet you. I remember the first conversation we had it was me, you, and Chunky talking about a future MC in Ireland. You lost him when you said it never gets about 50 degrees, but I was still game! Congrats again on the engagement.

Nice recap Regina. It was great to meet you. I remember the first conversation we had it was me, you, and Chunky talking about a future MC in Ireland. You lost him when you said it never gets about 50 degrees, but I was still game! Congrats again on the engagement.
thanks yeah i think chunky wouldnt survive very long in our weather

Holy cow. It only took me 3 days to catch up, but I finally did. You guys are all amazing, and I miss every one of you. Regina, so glad we were able to be a part of that special day, and I am certain we will share many more in the months and years to come. I hope to have my recap done and posted in the next couple of days. I wanted to do it this weekend but the chunkyvirus hit me like a ton of bricks and all I did was sleep. Feeling better now, so no more excuses...except work which I have ignored for significant periods of time to catch up on this thread. hahaha

Great great recap Regina!! I am so happy for you two! Congrats again and the best of luck to you!

Thank you to all of you who watched the videos! This might be my favorite thread of all time.

Finally caught up again. Bradd and WCBM, you guys remind me of those documentaries where they black out the criminals and what not.

Bradd only shot his in the dark to make me feel better about mine hahahaha.

Just went through and re-watched some of the recap videos and read some of the posts talking about the weekend. I miss you guys.

This thread is definitely one of my favorites. I love hearing from everyone on what the Morgan Cup meant to them and hear about the retelling of some great stories.

Here's a MC 2.0 recap. I'm currently sitting in the waiting room at Acute Care. Remember that whole problem with my voice? Yeah I still have a sore throat from that. Probably should have gotten it checked a long time ago. Dang!

The doc is likely to say, "Jake, you simply had too much fun and partied too hard at MC 2.0.....". :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a MC 2.0 recap. I'm currently sitting in the waiting room at Acute Care. Remember that whole problem with my voice? Yeah I still have a sore throat from that. Probably should have gotten it checked a long time ago. Dang!

The doc is likely to say, "Jake, you simply had too much fun and partied too hard at MC 2.0.....". :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, you "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuke'd" your voice away dude. Wtf did you and Tmex do in that little room?

Back