2012 Morgan Cup Recap Thread

finally caught up. great videos everyone. this is my most favorite thread going right now....

Finally got to watch the latest videos....WCBM,....Tim...you are an awesome dude(drink twice TC, lol), I had a blast on our adventures.. Lol and I promise I am not normally that scatter brained. Bradd, you and your family are great people, I really enjoyed nearing all of you.

Both of you guys videos look like you are in the witness protection program...lol

I need to put a few more thoughts on video and get it posted..everytime I watch somebody else's video I go..."crap, I wanted to mention that"!

Did I say I miss all you guys!!

Smallville coloneling because that's how we roll.

tnolan - I'm gonna be honest with ya big guy....after watching your entry video for the MC I didn't think you had a shot either! Ha! But like you said, it was just you being you which is what I think came across to everyone there. Talk about someone that took advantage of their MC shot! I told you earlier in that week that I had a feeling about you and that somewhere or somehow you were going to play a big factor in the outcome. And boy did you!

Love hearing you talk about your feelings and stories leading up to the MC play. Great stuff. I think you got to experiene a wonderful THP 1st timer moment and that was really cool to hear about via your video. Well done. Congrats on everything you guys accomplished.

FYI....I never received a PM from Hawk.............

thanks brother. Nate, you were my #1 fan until ddec met me. but seriously, your confidence in me was inspiring...still is. thank you man.
Hawk....what a turd that guy is. lol

I'm gonna have to do my vids Tyno style because I have so much stuff I wanna talk about

I didn't talk much about gear, that's another video...I'll probably have to go Tyno style and do like 37 videos to get all my thoughts down...lol

hey, there's nothing wrong with with Tyno style!

Got through the last two! Whew. Hope you called back your bride as soon as you got finished! Good videos, Tyler!

lol. yes i did.

tnolan- I need to comment on the stan van gundy lemonade swig on the thank you video hahahahhahhha. Awesome. Gearing up before thanking the wife- I love it.

lol. definitely man...you need swigs like that when you make just under 2 hrs of video!

Hope you aren't planning on doing anything else! If the tyno show is on tonight at your house, you won't have time for anything else!

chunky-snorted at this too. hahaha. damn tyno videos, ruining everybody's evening plans...

Terrific video WCBM! You are such a great guy and so fun to be around. Lol at you calling Chunky a sandbagger. Between the two of you and TyNo and can't decide which one of you is better at down playing your abilities.

damn right Erik. lol. we're all just very humble golfers. :alien:

T- thank you for the kind words. Supporting the Morgan Cup is easy when you have folks like you leading the way. It was great to follow all of your from videos to champagne! I guys all brought it and brought it big. My support for the MC will not waver and I apologize for not being there with you guys. It was not my intention to miss and I WILL NOT MISS again!

Enjoy your reign as Champion, drink it in and wear it well, you deserve it brother.

Great words from a great man. Thank you Freddie.

I might not ever get my video posted. Just started to edit the third take, low and behold there's no audio for about half of it. Hope you guys like reading novels!

I have spend the better part of the last 3 hours catching up on this thread. Tyno, dude you really said some great things about me and that means a lot to me. I really enjoyed our instant friendship that we had from the absolute second I met you at the Tim's place while we enjoyed some BBQ. You are a great guy and you're going to be a great father. I hope to make it in next year because I want to hang out with you again.

TC, I love seeing your mug and hearing your voice on camera, good move recording a vid man. Give us more!

Versace....wow that was long. Everyone that got to spend some time with you all said the same thing......you're a great guy. I'm glad I got to experience the MC with you.

Bradd, great video dude. We'll all remember our match for the rest of our lives. You continued to come up huge whenever you had to and a lot of times Yorkem just went ahead and came up big so you wouldn't have to there. That was amazing.

Chunky, I miss you.

I started from the first post and just now to this point... Right around when the PGA Championship coverage started haha. I laughed, teared up a little and even watched Deans. TC, now I feel awkward posting in writing!!! Haha.

First of all... the videos you all are making are absolutely incredible. They're emotional, funny and throught provoking. One T, I am your brother and I'll never forget it. Just had to put that out and I'd be more than happy to live with TNolan and be his bro. But he can't be leaving that wife of his. WCBM aka Versace... you're just simply awesome and if Sonic doesnt name a drink after you, I'm going HAM. ******... you sneaky bastard! LOL. I love you too. TBT... thoughts are with you and I'm so glad we shared that round. Kelly was the perfect compliment and all I can say is wow. Dean... miss you buddy. Jake, you're a brother too and 64c will always be. JB... those videos were awesome. I'm proud/honored and humbled to be a part of your family. Ary, don't slap me I wont ever be taking that driver out. When you come out we will hang.. that's a guarantee. TC... loved every recap not matter what media you used to give it. I miss playing golf and hanging out with you and your family. NEver once was I uncomfortable and I swear if I had one more shot in that 18th bunker I wouldve got it out. IN, you're a great dude and I can't wait to get my first round with you. Hawkster, you're my breaking 80 bud now. Hanks, way too tough it out bro.. seriously back pain sucks and you rocked it. SHARKWRESTLER!!!! TADASHI!!! WAR EAGLE! FRANKZ.. haha FRANKA! Who did I forget with the vids???? My brain is swimming in memories right now.

I'm gonna do a video.. After watching all these it made up my mind. I'm going to do a lot of them actually. One recapping the whatnot.. the others recapping rounds and people.

But first I want to talk about the first few days... From the eyes of old TMex.

I flew in Tuesday to beautiful Asheville, NC. TC was gracious enough to open his home and family to me. Foster and Eliza were two of the happiest and wonderful kids I've ever met. I had an absolute blast seeing and meeting them. His wife Erin, what an absolutely phenominal and nice woman. She is so supportive of all things THP and just such a fun person to be around. TC you have a beautiful and wonderful family dude. We had some amazing BBQ and a couple of beers that night... HAHA. A couple lol. Luke, Erin and I sat on the porch and just yukked it up about golf and life. I even saw firefly's for the first time. It was a night of firsts. Fried okra FTW.

We woke up early Weds morning and met One T for the drive to Myrtle Beach. What didn't we talk about? Like TC said it was like having the forum in the truck. Why am I writing all of this? WEll this is the MOrgan Cup. THis is what its about! We got to Myrtle and stopped off at Martins and it took a lot of will power not to walk out with a new staff bag or something. Drove to True Blue and got our keys to the castle, 64c. Unfortunately Jake could not make that first round but Kelly stepped in and wow. Amazing round of golf with TC, One T, Kelly and I. We absolutely rocked that course and had a blast doing it. I'll never hit as good a shot as I did with my 4w on #9.

That night was so much fun. The BBQ was amazing and just hanging out with everyone and their spouses was a lot of fun. I could talk about all the conversations we had that night but it got to a point where I don't remember a lot of them LOL. I've never laughed so hard at someone snorting. Chynkysnort is legendary and just makes me laugh thinking about it now.

Thursday AM was the practice round with ****** and Cookie vs TCMex. What a freaking dogfight. TC and I would hit FIR and GIR like nothing but could not keep those two down! I was like wtfranksA?!!!? The good guys ended up winning but it wasnt about that. The whole experience never was. It would be nice to win but its all secondary to what we experienced on the course with both the other golfers and the wonderful volunteers.

Thursday PM was 64c 4 man scramble. HAHA. I liked the idea of 24oz beers but I'm a lightweight. So by 18, the 4h out of a 7 foot bunker was a good idea. It was also a good idea to stand face to face with tc while he was trying to hit his ball onto the 18th green. Well neither was but it sure kept us laughing.

I'll never forget those 3 rounds for the rest of my life. I haven't even got the round recap or Morgan Cup recap yet. Ill video those and try not to cry.

Thanks for the kind words buddy! You're welcome in our home anytime!

Thanks for the kind words buddy! You're welcome in our home anytime!

I'll sleep on the porch! or that couch. It was comfy. These recaps have been amazing.

finally caught up. great videos everyone. this is my most favorite thread going right now....

Hello Tyno you have major screen time dude. Tell your wife to get home soon. J/K It was entertaining to watch your vids first time I didn't see you chewing gum.hehe

I might not ever get my video posted. Just started to edit the third take, low and behold there's no audio for about half of it. Hope you guys like reading novels!

Take your time Danny ur awesome. One cool Player pulling off some great shot's

Last edited:
Hitting this thread tomorrow morning to get caught up after the weekend!

Few vid's still to watch but 'm catching up. I really have to get my butt in gear and start my vid's started

Few vid's still to watch but 'm catching up. I really have to get my butt in gear and start my vid's started

Take your time dude! You had a heck of a trip - you need some recovery time hahaa

LMAO, just finished watching your first video Chunky! Tall & intense, huh? The talk of ghsace was hilarious, he sandbagged us and did not break 200 on Wednesday.

"Hit more roads than fairways" - Wicked Cool Bearded Man that is.

Yes, Wednesday night you realized you had a cursing problem. It was so freaking funny though. You trash talking TC was awesome.

Nice job ****** - onto the next video!

TC: just listened to your media day recap. Very well said man and I could not agree more. As if listening to David talk about the sacrifices that Regina and him made was not moving enough, he pops the question. Dude had me in tears for sure, awesome moment to be apart of.

Media day was a blast and I enjoyed sharing some time on the webcam with you man, loved the way it was setup with the live interaction!

The Wicked Cool Bearded Man makes a Wicked Long video, LOL.

Very nice Tim! It was a joy meeting you and getting to share not 1, but 2 rounds of golf with you. You really shined throughout the entire weekend and are really, really just a great dude. Looking forward to getting an opportunity to hang out again and hopefully tee it up with you.

See you later Chuck!

Bradd: nice job on your recap video man. It was definitely a pleasure meeting you and your family. Nice to hear you say how your outlook changed along the way from one of competition to one of the camaraderie, having a good time, etc. Looking forward to doing it again next year and hopefully I will have a support system like you did there!!

TC I just caught your recap, good job! You're kinda funny bro in a dry euro sorta way.

TC I just caught your recap, good job! You're kinda funny bro in a dry euro sorta way.

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or not Freddie!

I have so many good memories from this trip. To be honest, I've been in kind of a depressive state around the house since I've been back. I am feeling much better this week but the last couple have been tough. That realization that it is in fact over can be brutal for me to deal with.

Me too. I've been in a rotten mood as well. Especially at work. Golf has been better than I expected.

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or not Freddie!

I have so many good memories from this trip. To be honest, I've been in kind of a depressive state around the house since I've been back. I am feeling much better this week but the last couple have been tough. That realization that it is in fact over can be brutal for me to deal with.

Me too. I've been in a rotten mood as well. Especially at work. Golf has been better than I expected.

same here...

i just told Yoccos last night, that post-Morgan Cup life sucks.
and it puts me in an awful mood at work, as if i needed an excuse to be any more pissed off while at work...

I want to be back at the MC in a bad way. I have been feeling kind of low since I got home a lot like TC. I want to be back with my friends. I am going to be at the next MC whether or not I am playing. That is a great thing about being on the film crew, you are just as much a part of the MC as the players, but you are behind the camera instead of in front of it.

ok, just got caught up in here...great job everybody!

TBT, WCBM ( I love you), Bradd, and TC.

Finally caught up again. Bradd and WCBM, you guys remind me of those documentaries where they black out the criminals and what not.

Back