2012 WGC - Cadillac Championship [Spoilers]

Hey, after being well over a hundred points Back just a couple of weeks ago, I am just happy to be in the mix.... I'll probably get knocked off tomorrow...but at least I was there!

How many total season points do you have after today?

Team Hackers tapping!

I gotta decide if I drop Wood or McIlroy and waste a start on Watson in case he gets bonus points. I think I am just letting it ride.

i have 1468 thanks to benching keegan mahan and mcdowell lol

How many total season points do you have after today?

Team Hackers tapping!

1,476....good for 1st now in group 2....what's leading group 1?

I gotta decide if I drop Wood or McIlroy and waste a start on Watson in case he gets bonus points. I think I am just letting it ride.

That's tough. Could be 20 bonus points but using a start for 1 round. Not sure what I would do.....tough one. Probably let it ride because Bubba could get you much more than 20 points later in the year for the start.

Team Hackers tapping!

1,476....good for 1st now in group 2....what's leading group 1?

Canes with 1486. I have 1467 currently and have made up ground on canes this week.

Team Hackers tapping!

Canes with 1486. I have 1467 currently and have made up ground on canes this week.

Team Hackers tapping!

Thats the guy with zero posts isn't it?? Well with any luck I will overtake him tomorrow!

That's tough. Could be 20 bonus points but using a start for 1 round. Not sure what I would do.....tough one. Probably let it ride because Bubba could get you much more than 20 points later in the year for the start.

Team Hackers tapping!
That's likely what I will do. I hate to waste a start, especially for just one round.

Thats the guy with zero posts isn't it?? Well with any luck I will overtake him tomorrow!

No, this is canes113. He is definitely active on the forum.

Gonna laugh if I overtake YOU tomorrow!

Team Hackers tapping!

Cookie, I hope Keegan plays well for you tomorrow and doesn't shoot +3 with zero points like he did for me last Sunday @ the Honda. I should've stuck with him despite the bad round.

After the 4th day in a row @ the WGC, I'm freaking exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open as I'm typing this. hahaha, man I'm getting old. Looking forward to taking the old man tomorrow and kick back a few brews.

There's a lot of cool things going on at the event this year starting with the Cadillac showcase between #1 & #18. After a quick tour of their 2012-2013 models you get a sleeve of Bridgestone e6 balls & bracelet with access to #17 stands. There's also a Bridgestone ball fitting on site, hole-in-one virtual contest and putting analysis. Social media Twitter follows or Facebook likes gets you access to happy hours ($2 beers), raffles and discounted merchandise just to name a few.

My only gripe about this tournament is they do not allow the public with grounds or clubhouse access to sit on the 18 grandstand. It's all reserved for corporations, Doral members or "Monster seats" patrons who dished out $500 for the week. I get it that they spend the big bucks and want premium seating on 18, but at least extend the seats down the fairway or across the water to provide public seating. On second thought, it probably won't even happen with Trump taking over.

Hey! I started this thread. Can I get a little respect?!?!? lol

Cookie, I hope Keegan plays well for you tomorrow and doesn't shoot +3 with zero points like he did for me last Sunday @ the Honda. I should've stuck with him despite the bad round.

After the 4th day in a row @ the WGC, I'm freaking exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open as I'm typing this. hahaha, man I'm getting old. Looking forward to taking the old man tomorrow and kick back a few brews.

There's a lot of cool things going on at the event this year starting with the Cadillac showcase between #1 & #18. After a quick tour of their 2012-2013 models you get a sleeve of Bridgestone e6 balls & bracelet with access to #17 stands. There's also a Bridgestone ball fitting on site, hole-in-one virtual contest and putting analysis. Social media Twitter follows or Facebook likes gets you access to happy hours ($2 beers), raffles and discounted merchandise just to name a few.

My only gripe about this tournament is they do not allow the public with grounds or clubhouse access to sit on the 18 grandstand. It's all reserved for corporations, Doral members or "Monster seats" patrons who dished out $500 for the week. I get it that they spend the big bucks and want premium seating on 18, but at least extend the seats down the fairway or across the water to provide public seating. On second thought, it probably won't even happen with Trump taking over.

Glad to hear there are some cool things! Taking the Wife and boy out there tomorrow. Be there early around 9am.

Glad to hear there are some cool things! Taking the Wife and boy out there tomorrow. Be there early around 9am.

That's great, have a good time!

Bubba's to lose, that's for sure. Though we've seen it twice already this year.

I had 44 points today. Meh. Oh, and J just realized that 6 of my 8 guys are in the top 8. Woah. Except for Phil and Haas. Phil's really getting on my nerves right now. He'd better drop bombs and go low tomorrow.

Hey! I started this thread. Can I get a little respect?!?!? lol

My bad....I just remember JB saying earlier this week that the guy in first place had ZERO posts....must have been one of the other groups

Anyways, I am trying to decide if I stick with Keagan or if I move in Kuchar just in case he hits some bonus points. Gonna stick with Rory, Tiger and Charl in the other spots....just can't decide on Keagan and Kuchar

We've got 'clash of the giant visors' in the final group. There will be plenty of sponsor spots on those melons

I just don't see how Bubba can lose this tournament. Not based on how he's played it for the previous 3 days.

I just don't see how Bubba can lose this tournament. Not based on how he's played it for the previous 3 days.

A three shot lead isn't as safe in this tourney as in others (unless it gets much tougher today). If Bubba isn't as spot-on with the wedges, we could see someone catch him. All I hope for is an interesting end. But I'd love to see Bubba win.

A three shot lead isn't as safe in this tourney as in others (unless it gets much tougher today). If Bubba isn't as spot-on with the wedges, we could see someone catch him. All I hope for is an interesting end. But I'd love to see Bubba win.

Dude, he hits driver, flop shot on 80% of the par 4's. He will be fine. I would love to see him collapse and fail.

Dude, he hits driver, flop shot on 80% of the par 4's. He will be fine. I would love to see him collapse and fail.

I dont really care if he wins or not but I do enjoy how he just goes out there and flails at every shot, even wedges. And how he rolls putts 15' past the hole sometimes. That one putt he missed was a WTC was that putt.

Stupid flop shots. I heard they're useless.

I dont really care if he wins or not but I do enjoy how he just goes out there and flails at every shot, even wedges. And how he rolls putts 15' past the hole sometimes. That one putt he missed was a WTC was that putt.

I agree. I'm not a fan but watching him just attack doglegs is pretty cool.

Stupid flop shots. I heard they're useless.

I don't really think he flops all that much to be honest. Most overrated and difficult shot in golf. Until you chip three in in one round (which I highly doubt).

I just want Bubba's driver. With a slightly softer shaft. That thing is awesome.

I agree. I'm not a fan but watching him just attack doglegs is pretty cool.

I don't really think he flops all that much to be honest. Most overrated and difficult shot in golf. Until you chip three in in one round (which I highly doubt).

He pretty much played a different course then the other guys yesterday. It was like, what doglegs? Driver, friggin wedge all day.

Back