2012 WGC - Cadillac Championship [Spoilers]

Canes

305 Till I Die
Reaction score
Handicap
The World Golf Championships Cadillac Championship is one of four World Golf Championships sanctioned and organized by the operational committee of the International Federation of PGA Tours, which includes the Asian Tour, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour, PGA TOUR, PGA Tour of Australasia and Southern Africa Tour. The other World Golf Championships include the Accenture Match Play Championship, Bridgestone Invitational and HSBC Champions.

DATE: March 7 - 11, 2012
SITE: TPC Blue Monster at Doral (Doral, Fla.)
PAR/YARDAGE: 36-36=72 / 7,334 yards
ARCHITECT/OPENED: Dick Wilson and Robert Von Hagge / 1962
REDESIGN: Jim McLean / 2000
FORMAT: Four-day, 72-hole stroke-play competition; no cut
2011 CHAMPION: Nick Watney 272 (-16)
PURSE: $8.5 million (US) with $1.4 million to the winner

ELIGIBILITY:
Estimated field size - 75 players

• The top 50 players, including any players tied for 50th place, from the Official World Golf Ranking (as of March 5, 2012).
• The top 30 players from the final 2011 FedExCup Points List.
• The top 10 players from the FedExCup Points List in 2011 (as of March 5, 2012).
• The top 20 players from the final 2011 European Tour Order of Merit
• The top 10 players from the European Tour Race to Dubai Standings in 2012 (as of February 29, 2012).
• The top 2 players from the final 2011 Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit.
• The top 2 players from the final 2011 Australasian Tour Order of Merit
• The top 2 players from the final 2011 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit.
• The top 2 players from the final 2011 Asian Tour Order of Merit.

TV Times:

Thursday 1-6pm (GC)
Friday 1-6pm (GC)
Saturday 12-2pm (GC), 2-6pm (NBC)
Sunday 12-2pm (GC), 2-6pm EST (NBC)

Notable tee times:

Thursday - March 8th

11:20am (#10) - Mahan, Scott & Mickelson
11:50am (#10) - McIlroy, Donald & Westwood
12:20pm (#1) - Day, D. Johnson & Schwartzel
12:30pm (#1) - Kaymer, Stricker & Simpson
12:40pm (#1) - Woods, Watney & Garcia

Friday - March 9th

11:20am (#10) - Day, D. Johnson & Schwartzel
11:30am (#10) - Kaymer, Stricker & Simpson
11:40am (#10) - Woods, Watney & Garcia
12:20pm (#1) - Mahan, Scott & Mickelson
12:50pm (#1) - McIlroy, Donald & Westwood

Can't wait to get out there for the practice round tomorrow & all four rounds. This should be a great tournament coming off the exciting finish last Sunday. Best of luck to the golfer who survives the Blue Monster!!!

Last edited:
This will be a great tournament. Great course. Great field. Tough picks for the THP fantasy golf. :)

Go Lee!

Actually, I'm expecting a decent showing from Luke Donald. He's been watching what's been going on. Time to step up Luke.

Actually, I'm expecting a decent showing from Luke Donald. He's been watching what's been going on. Time to step up Luke.

I am not sold on him having the irons figured out yet......but the course suits him well if he is striking the ball better.

Team Hackers tapping!

I bet the top two are Tigger and Rory again. Rory is just playing too well and Tigger's confident after that 62 and this is a course he's won on multiple times before. That's my prediction anyways.

I bet the top two are Tigger and Rory again. Rory is just playing too well and Tigger's confident after that 62 and this is a course he's won on multiple times before. That's my prediction anyways.

Popular picks no doubt. Hard not to go that route....

Team Hackers tapping!

I really think the final round is going to be a must watch. There's so much talent and all of the big names are playing well at the moment.

Added Friday notable tee times to the original post.

That's a great first post Canes, thanks for that.

I'm looking forward to this one. I want the top 3 to show up this week, add in Tiger and Phil playing well, and we might have a great week in prospect.

Really looking for Lee and Luke to push on and challenge here.

Anyone else notice that Westwood seems to be turning into a power lifter lately? Really adding some muscle.

He was speaking to Luke on the practice green.....

"There's nothing hard about being number one in the world."If you don't enjoy that, then you need to take up another sport.

"Me and Luke were talking about it on the putting green today. I said, 'Oh, morning, number two,' and he looked at me and nodded and said, 'Yeah, it's sort of a bit of a relief'.

"He said, 'There's only one way to go when you're number one. At least there's more than one way to go at number two.'

"So you're at the top there and everybody shoots at you but I think that's the position you want to be in. You want the position that everybody is envious of."

This should be a great event, I can't wait. Doral is always a great venue and it seems like there are some solid showdowns on this track. We're definitely setting up for a great one with so many top notch players playing well. I think Phil comes in and steals the show.

I bet Rickie gets amp'ed up blasting oranges and makes the cut. That's my bold prediction.

Really excited for this. Always one of my favorites to watch.

I just set my fantasy team. I had a moment and thought I was going into Euro overload. Phew.

So many potential contenders outside of the usual favourites this week. Watney will obviously be confident, Schwartzel could have won last week with a mistake or 2 less, Sergio is playing well, Justin Rose, Bill Haas all showing form. What a great field.

I am starting to think I have a man crush on Martin Kaymer. I picked him in Lamkin's guess the winner/grip giveaway contest for this week. It's the second time this year I have picked Kaymer to win a WGC event.

I am going to predict a Sergio/ Westy extra holes thriller on Sunday

At least Rickie Farrah Fowler doesn't have to worry about missing the cut this week since there isn't one

Right now in Doral it is VERY windy and raining, Hopefully the weather gets better for the tournament. This strong wind will make it very difficult on the course.

This should be a great event, I can't wait. Doral is always a great venue and it seems like there are some solid showdowns on this track. We're definitely setting up for a great one with so many top notch players playing well. I think Phil comes in and steals the show.

I knew I really liked you. Or you're trying to jinx him for Tiger.

I can't remember a time were so many of the top players were on their game or close to it.
Rory is hot as is LW and TW. I expect Phil and Sergio to factor as well. It will be a good showing.
Doral is one the easier course they will play so scores will be low. I think Luke will factor as well.

I can't remember a time were so many of the top players were on their game or close to it.
Rory is hot as is LW and TW. I expect Phil and Sergio to factor as well. It will be a good showing.
Doral is one the easier course they will play so scores will be low. I think Luke will factor as well.

I agree with you dude, some awesome form so far out of some massive names in golf. I think Luke plays well b/c he's paired with two hot golfers in Lee and Rory. At least I hope so.

I agree, great field for this tourney should be a great weekend

I knew I really liked you. Or you're trying to jinx him for Tiger.
Nope. Phil's my pick this week bro. You guys just never listen to me, I'm a Phil guy....always have been. Doesn't mean I hate on Tiger but I'll root for Phil ahead of Tiger 100 times out of 100 if they're head to head.

Nope. Phil's my pick this week bro. You guys just never listen to me, I'm a Phil guy....always have been. Doesn't mean I hate on Tiger but I'll root for Phil ahead of Tiger 100 times out of 100 if they're head to head.

I really love you Jake. And conversely, I don't hate Tiger, not one bit. I might be critical of his game at times but I'm just calling it like I see it. I need to chuck some sickies tomorrow and Friday!

Back