2013 Morgan Cup Selection Thread - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way to look at this is the course will not be crowded will it? Great day to test out rain suits

Very true :)

As a wise man someday will say: It's not the rain itself, it's the water coming down from the sky.

Seriously, I don't mind a bit rain, but the coldness combined with it really puts me off...and in a couple of weeks we'll have it so cold that the courses must close in order to protect the greens and fairways.

But, to get back to business, and the topic of this thread, I'm just actually starting to realize that I've been chosen to participate to the Morgan Cup, it's funny, I've been thinking about MC for the past few weeks non-stop, and I was an unreal feeling to get selected a few nights back, but it's now when it is starting to sink in. I try to find something to talk about with family and friends, but I turn the discussion to Morgan Cup and golf in a second! :D

great video Kelly! Looking forward to the journey and working my hardest to make this the best morgan cup yet!

Agreed Buck. The past MCs have been awesome and I hope we can keep the momentum going. Especially to ensure there are MCs moving forward!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Great Video DK. Great thoughts. Sorry to hear about your sickness and the weather. My family in Manchester are really sick of the rain too. Haha

I am a little surprised there aren't more bio and promo videos posted. Everyone was all gung-ho to post them earlier, but it hasn't happened for many yet.

Let's get those videos up!

I had actually decided very early in the process that the only way my videos would be seen was if I was selected. I don't personally feel that I my videos need to be seen. I have my reasons why. One is that I don't want to take away from wonderful videos of those who was choosen. I'm very proud of my videos that I made and the editing job that my g/f did but I personally have chose to not post them. Also for me it would be tough on me and probably my g/f because she was just as invested in this process as I was to hear about how great the videos were, but know that they wasn't quite good enough or that the message was quite strong enough.

I will be active in every MC thread I can find and have PM'ed GG about being there as a volunteer as I want to support this awesome event for the 32 staffers and THP with all I have. Yes it is disappointing to not make it, but their are so many other ways that I can support THP through the MC, testings, the Outing, the Invatitionals, Tour Van stops, and just being a good active member.

I agree with you Playdough. There is no reason to feel obligated to post them, because frankly they were made for judges.

Kelly!!! Great video buddy!! How many other guys are in the Morgan Cup.....turty one? Seriously buddy, great video and great message, it is our job now to do such an incredible job repping THP and our Sponsors and True Blue and Caledonia that there is a Morgan Cup 2014 as well.

I can't wait to see you again buddy and I hope you starting feeling better soon!

I had actually decided very early in the process that the only way my videos would be seen was if I was selected. I don't personally feel that I my videos need to be seen. I have my reasons why. One is that I don't want to take away from wonderful videos of those who was choosen. I'm very proud of my videos that I made and the editing job that my g/f did but I personally have chose to not post them. Also for me it would be tough on me and probably my g/f because she was just as invested in this process as I was to hear about how great the videos were, but know that they wasn't quite good enough or that the message was quite strong enough.

I will be active in every MC thread I can find and have PM'ed GG about being there as a volunteer as I want to support this awesome event for the 32 staffers and THP with all I have. Yes it is disappointing to not make it, but their are so many other ways that I can support THP through the MC, testings, the Outing, the Invatitionals, Tour Van stops, and just being a good active member.

Respect.

good post Playdough.... looking forward to seeing you and your pants again in Myrtle! hope you're making the outing as well bro.

Great post man. It's gut wrenching, I've been there but you get back to normal and nothing to hang your head about.

Man I couldn't echo these sediments more.

The post MC blues were quickly erased with signing up for the outing though I must say.

The post MC blues were quickly erased with signing up for the outing though I must say.
Im glad you are coming to the Outing, JJ. It's an incredible weekend of Golf, actually, the Ultimate Weekend of Golf. Look forward to meeting you there, dude.

Im glad you are coming to the Outing, JJ. It's an incredible weekend of Golf, actually, the Ultimate Weekend of Golf. Look forward to meeting you there, dude.

Same here man. The MC is going to be such an awesome ride to follow!

Thanks man, can't wait to meet you and see you play at the MC.

good post Playdough.... looking forward to seeing you and your pants again in Myrtle! hope you're making the outing as well bro.

Certainly will be at the Outing. No pants while working, but if I get any practice rounds in with anyone, you can bet there will be pants involved..lol

Great post man. It's gut wrenching, I've been there but you get back to normal and nothing to hang your head about.

Yeah the Outing is certainly helping. It was rough, but then I think of the all the great things that THP has and has allowed for me over the last year and that certainly takes much of the sting away!

I'm in the company that will not be posting videos. I enjoyed the past month of the planning all the way to the last selections. Sure I'm disappointed but I know my entry was not even close to the level the 18 participants did so that's why I'm disappointed more than anything.

I am happy a few guys I was rooting for got in but more than anything the amount of MC rookies is crazy and will only grow this site even further. I wish you all the best of luck. It's going to be a fun ride for every single person on this forum and I can't wait to be part of it.

Thanks man, can't wait to meet you and see you play at the MC.

Certainly will be at the Outing. No pants while working, but if I get any practice rounds in with anyone, you can bet there will be pants involved..lol

Yeah the Outing is certainly helping. It was rough, but then I think of the all the great things that THP has and has allowed for me over the last year and that certainly takes much of the sting away!

You're great people dude.

I agree with you Playdough. There is no reason to feel obligated to post them, because frankly they were made for judges.

I agree PD and others, don't feel obligated at all.

Props to you on volunteering, can't wait to see you down there!

Looking forward to meeting JJ at the outing and I'm pumped to get to hang with PD again at the outing and at the MC.

Looking forward to meeting JJ at the outing and I'm pumped to get to hang with PD again at the outing and at the MC.

You too man.

Agreed Buck. The past MCs have been awesome and I hope we can keep the momentum going. Especially to ensure there are MCs moving forward!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

We will bro. That is a guarantee!!

I didn't mind posting mine. Were they as good as some others?? NO Do I think they were bad ?? NO Do I think they could have been better? Sure I joined in July as the last MC was about to start. I am not ashamed of what I did and I don't think the others should be ashamed. I posted mine in hopes that some others could maybe give me some pointers and ideas if this is the way the next one goes.

Some really awesome videos in here by many MCers and non MCers. It shows how special this event really is across the forum.

TT on iPad

Some really good videos and some great thoughts on this event. I think tonight I might record a little something to get my thoughts down. It has been a tough couple of days, but I couldnt be happier for those selected. Cant wait to follow along and be extremely active in the MC threads! Lets rock this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back