2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hardest thing about not getting picked wont be not getting to participate but having to wait all year for another crack at it! Can't wait for the next week to unfold!

I guess that depends. THP has other events such as the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in May. Also have Invitationals coming up. There are lots of opportunities if one decides to take them.

Like the way this mc is shaping up. Heart and soul of the event is the same, but this one seems to be appealing to more people.

I'm so glad the trash talk thread is gone, it was so hard to follow along and ultimately achieved nothing, well done thp!

So am I Deano...I had a hard time with it because I didn't know anybody personally and that made it tough...it would be easier this year for that reason...but overall I think the Morgan Cup and THP will be better off without it.

So am I Deano...I had a hard time with it because I didn't know anybody personally and that made it tough...it would be easier this year for that reason...but overall I think the Morgan Cup and THP will be better off without it.

I think it was hard for those that didn't know anyone to really get involved in the TT thread. Also it just became very forced and turned in to a lot of the same things. While it was fun at times, I too like that it won't be around.

Yep, always changes for the good...can't wait til Sunday!

I think the hardest thing about not getting picked wont be not getting to participate but having to wait all year for another crack at it! Can't wait for the next week to unfold!
Honest question, if one is trying hard to get in to the MC 2013, and already talking about taking another crack at it next year, why not join the Albatross Club to increase your chances of getting in to the MC by almost 8%?

Although the Trash Talk thread was a good idea, and I still think it could be great, I hate that it was constant anger and 1upping. I like a good ribbing as much as the next guy but it was too deep and for too long, and too repetitive. It was "The" thread of THP for a long time, but Im glad its gone.

I guess that depends. THP has other events such as the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in May. Also have Invitationals coming up. There are lots of opportunities if one decides to take them.

I am definitely going to partake in the invitational. I didn't want that to sound like the MC was the only thing THP has to offer. I should have worded it differently. The demo day(weekend) sounds unreal and if there are spots open I would love to make it down there to participate in that also!

Honest question, if one is trying hard to get in to the MC 2013, and already talking about taking another crack at it next year, why not join the Albatross Club to increase your chances of getting in to the MC by almost 8%?

I had to change up my Paypal accounts and didn't get a chance to confirm the account before the deadline. Just waiting for a couple financials to clear and then I'm in it!

Although the Trash Talk thread was a good idea, and I still think it could be great, I hate that it was constant anger and 1upping. I like a good ribbing as much as the next guy but it was too deep and for too long, and too repetitive. It was "The" thread of THP for a long time, but Im glad its gone.

Well stated buddy. For an outsider that thread was intimidating as heck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great idea for sure.

Tap-taddict

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful

Well stated buddy. For an outsider that thread was intimidating as heck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to jump in knowing almost nothing of the participants...had a decent time, but I can understand the intimidation factor and the repetitiveness. The overall professionalism of the event will be going up this year and I like that.

Good luck to all of those that entered a video for the MC , I hope you all win but realize just 32 lucky people win. Just know I am pulling for all of you guy's . Sunday will be an epic day here at THP , Can't wait !

I saw this announcement earlier and am just getting around to say that the excitement increases with every announcement. The fact that there just as many guys out there feeling the same way I do and waiting for something that is bound to be quite an experience. Well, that just takes it to another level. I honestly have no idea on how I'm going to feel for the announcements. The build up of going through the day for that 8pm announcement. I seriously think our employers will see a lack in production this week because our focus will be elsewhere and this is just the beginning. I think anyone selected will have a hard time keeping their focus for the next 9 months alone. I know I would. I'd be wanting to get off work to hit the range and practice, practice, practice. Hopefully meet up with other MC participants beforehand and playing some golf together.

It's going to be one "crazy" ride and I hope I'm fortunate to be on the train!

Some very good posts in this thread today. Freddie, great post. Very well said and very heartfelt.

I too am guilty of getting lost in the grand scheme of things last year, and honestly didn't get what the MC was all about. I get it now and chosen or not I will give the MC everything I can to make it better.

I am a proud member of the 2013 MC, whether I'm a participant or a supporter.
Dude, it wasn't until I spoke with One T that I finally grasped fully what the MC was about. we all learned from the last two and are better for it.

Just plan on being in MB either way. You'll be apart of it one way or another

I'm planning on volunteering if in not selected. It's going to be an awesome weekend for everyone.

Tap-taddict

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful
You got that right

Like the way this mc is shaping up. Heart and soul of the event is the same, but this one seems to be appealing to more people.
That was the goal and will be the goal of the next 32.

Good luck to all of those that entered a video for the MC , I hope you all win but realize just 32 lucky people win. Just know I am pulling for all of you guy's . Sunday will be an epic day here at THP , Can't wait !

I hope everyone realizes this is not a contest. Winning is not what will happen here.

Also of the 32 spots, 8 are taken by Team Hackers. Three others are taken by the other three captains. Three more are taken up by the name the team winners. That leaves 18 spots up for grabs once selections start, not 32.

I hope everyone realizes this is not a contest. Winning is not what will happen here.

Also of the 32 spots, 8 are taken by Team Hackers. Three others are taken by the other three captains. Three more are taken up by the name the team winners. That leaves 18 spots up for grabs once selections start, not 32.

I agree Smallville, 18 lucky people will be selected to represent THP and one of 4 great OEM's in this great event. I guess I am one of the few "winners" as I earned my spot in a contest a couple months back.

It's unreal to think of the journey that is about to begin for myself and 31 other THPers. Here in the coming weeks we will find out what team we are representing, who our teammates are, what OEM we will be fortunate enough to represent, as well as many other details. And it all starts with the upcoming selections.

In all honesty Smallie, as much as I understand the situation and what you are saying, I'd feel like a winner.

In all honesty Smallie, as much as I understand the situation and what you are saying, I'd feel like a winner.
I agree with you. Even though it's not a contest, per say, it sure feels like one because we applied for it and are essentially "winning" a spot on one of the teams to be able to compete.

I do know what you are saying though Smallville but I agree with Thainer.

Absolutley , I realize this is no contest , but getting selected would be like winning the lottery , A chance to represent sponsors, THP, and true amature golf and the weekend of a life time is a big deal and I will be rooting for all 32 golfers .

Some of us will definitely be disappointed at the end of next week, and rightfully so, this is a pretty big deal. I hope everyone sticks around and remains active, regardless of the outcome.
FrankA, I am coming to Myrtle beach, with or without an MC13 sponsorship. I am enjoying the camaraderie now!

I meant to join when it first debuted. I kept forgetting to pay up. Someone on here asked me recently & I signed up.
Then the MC13 piece came into play. Very cool.

I'm digging all the passion and looking beyond sponsorship. I like that myrtle is the goal regardless of next weeks outcome. It really does speak volumes. Smalls is right, it's not a contest but from where I am sitting the forum has already won. The entries, support and attitude are all positives and in the end that's what it's all about. Sunday through Friday of next week will change the lives of 18 people in a very positive way.

Smallville....I am so glad taht I read through the post because I was going to say the same thing. Thanks!!

I'm digging all the passion and looking beyond sponsorship. I like that myrtle is the goal regardless of next weeks outcome. It really does speak volumes. Smalls is right, it's not a contest but from where I am sitting the forum has already won. The entries, support and attitude are all positives and in the end that's what it's all about. Sunday through Friday of next week will change the lives of 18 people in a very positive way.
That excited me too. As a Volunteer last year for the MC, the help is needed and it was an absolute blast to be out on those courses.

Another day closer to Sunday, loving all of the buzz around the MC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back