2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Ok Kirk. That was sweet

Question for Texas Hacker,
We announced the KC Invitational and the course it was played at. Right when the season started, you went to play the course. What did you write about? You wrote about the conditions. Why? Because when you are talking about great events at golf courses, the first thing people are going to discuss is great play and course conditions. Just as you did when you played the course that is the site of the THP Event.

I say this as a genuine statement because I think discussing course conditions and golf courses is much of the love of the majors, outside of Augusta, which is played at the same place each year.

I think it's different but I see your point. I'm not comparing a THP event to a U.S. open but I get the conditions thing, I do, but I think it's been talked about enough. I didn't post in that thread every 30 seconds saying this green sucks, the fringe is brutal, there are weeds all in the fairways. I said it once. Everyone watching knows the course isn't in great shape why do we have to keep talking about it? It's taking away from this thread IMO, but maybe I'm in the minority

Will DJ stay in this? Serious question. He has sort of a reputation of flaking out and losing concentration. Does he stay mentally committed if he gets a few bad bounces or rolls over the weekend?

JM

Way to go Kirk!!! Almost Lane Creek resident to be :bomb:

Well crap....I'm already down 3 drinks and it's only been 10 minutes. Long night ahead it appears.

Will DJ stay in this? Serious question. He has sort of a reputation of flaking out and losing concentration. Does he stay mentally committed if he gets a few bad bounces or rolls over the weekend?

JM

He is a streaky putter, so hard to say. Him keeping it in the zone for 4 ours on courses made for majors is not an easy task. I say no.

Way to go Kirk!!! Almost Lane Creek resident to be :bomb:

Heard about that... He's leaving my neck of the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's different but I see your point. I'm not comparing a THP event to a U.S. open but I get the conditions thing, I do, but I think it's been talked about enough. I didn't post in that thread every 30 seconds saying this green sucks, the fringe is brutal, there are weeds all in the fairways. I said it once. Everyone watching knows the course isn't in great shape why do we have to keep talking about it? It's taking away from this thread IMO, but maybe I'm in the minority

I'm not concerned over the look of the course. Brown fairways and greens don't bother me. When players are having skill being replaced by luck, that's a giant crock.

Nice drive by Garcia

JM

Personally I think he will not only stay in it, but he will do so in kick arse fashion. Dustin is taking folks to the shed this weekend! :deadhorse:

Man I wish the Ryder Cup was this year with how the young American players have been playing this year. I'm gonna be pulling hard for DJ this weekend

I agree to an extent. It has taken away from the golf being played. Not a huge deal, but its the same people constantly pointing out that the greens can get bumpy... we know this. I'm way more interested in the sweet shots we just saw on 12.

Heard about that... He's leaving my neck of the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 acres real close to Lane Creek so yea, he will be a resident type pro for us. :thumb: I plan on kicking his arse on a few late nine hole evening rounds. :D

Question for everybody. If afternoon scores are harder to come by generally here, and morning guys have been able to make a small move with the right breaks, how far out is still in it? Is +2 still in it come tomorrow? Even par?

I just don't get how you can say a course is in bad shape when it's conditioned to be that way. It's in US Open shape the best way it can be

My mind tells me only even has a chance, but my heart tells me +2 is still in it because in majors, ya just never know. Then there is the weekend pressure and all that it entails, so I'm gonna say +2 is still in it!

JM

I just don't get how you can say a course is in bad shape when it's conditioned to be that way. It's in US Open shape the best way it can be

From tee to green I agree, but it's not supposed to have bumpy greens.

Question for everybody. If afternoon scores are harder to come by generally here, and morning guys have been able to make a small move with the right breaks, how far out is still in it? Is +2 still in it come tomorrow? Even par?

With the potential for a big number possible on any hole, I would say if you are teeing it up this weekend you are not out of it.

I think the largest comeback for the us open was 7? I'd say that's pretty close to keeping it close.

From tee to green I agree, but it's not supposed to have bumpy greens.

It's not supposed to be anything but difficult

Thinking everyone under par has a shot on the weekend. Appears the afternoon round isn't affecting DJ so he's not gonna fall much.

I think E par is the furthest back you can be. I also like where the -1 thru -3 guys are sitting. They can put up a score fairly early where the leaders might press.

Back