Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Yea or nay?

Kevin

I'm 50/50 on this but I say Nay for now.

I took mine out to add an extra wedge.

i have one... but i swap it with my 4h when i need to

Yea, I carry it most of the time but I use the 3I a lot more than the 4I. If I want to put an extra wedge or something, I leave the 4 out but keep the 3 in.

I support the 4iron, but I've been pretty slow in accepting the transition into hybrids.

How do you hit your 4? Would you replace it with a hybrid or just leave a gap?

hard to say, im too scared to try and hit mine

Yea. Surprisingly, one of my most used clubs on par 5s

Yes. Right now I am struggling with hybrids but hitting my long irons decent. (backwards, I know). Kicking around the idea of picking up a Machspeed or Burner 2.0 3 iron......

Yea. I have actually been hitting it quite well recently. Previously, it's sole purpose was to occupy one of the 14 slots in my bag.

I find in most cases I would rather hit a 4i than a hybrid. Especially on longer par threes. A bad long iron shot can be a real clunker, but a well struck rising long iron bullet is a thing of beauty. I gave up on a 3i long ago, and while I've dropped a 4i for periods of time, I'm more comfortable with it in my bag. I seem to know how far a 4i will go, but sometimes a hybrid goes forever. Usually at the worst time.

Maybe that leads to the question, is a 4i a long iron? Or is a mid-iron called a long iron because now we have hybrids?

I hit half a bucket of 4 irons at the range today, and they were feeling pretty damn good.

Kevin

Nay for the time being, I haven't had much luck hitting one. Stick with the 4h since it works so good.

I find in most cases I would rather hit a 4i than a hybrid. Especially on longer par threes. A bad long iron shot can be a real clunker, but a well struck rising long iron bullet is a thing of beauty. I gave up on a 3i long ago, and while I've dropped a 4i for periods of time, I'm more comfortable with it in my bag. I seem to know how far a 4i will go, but sometimes a hybrid goes forever. Usually at the worst time.

Maybe that leads to the question, is a 4i a long iron? Or is a mid-iron called a long iron because now we have hybrids?

I hit half a bucket of 4 irons at the range today, and they were feeling pretty damn good.

Kevin
I concur with the bolded part, and much more consistent than me watching a duck hooked hybrid!

No more 4 iron for me, using a 4 hybrid.

Definitely still a long iron, with the way hybrids are going I'd say that 3-5 are long irons, 6-8 are mid irons, and 9 on down are short irons.

To your original question, the 4 iron is in the bag right now, but might not be at that little tournament we have in 2 months.

Do it. The flight fits your eye. Your swing fits the club. The club fits the ball.

Everything fits!

I love my 3i and 4i.

I love my 4i too. I can't hit hybrids consistently enough to bag them.

I'm still using mine for now, but as mentioned above, I've been slow to the hybrid transition. however, I'm really considering trying a new configuration from 4 iron back.

I'm for it!

Nope, 4i is gone now that the 5h rescue is there. It allows me to keep my 60* in the bag.

Eh I use it for under trees but i'm finding my 3 hybrid is better for it

Back