5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

i've been on a diet since december, no fast food, no soda, limit white carbs and working out 3x a week in addition to my golf workouts...i started at 240 (i'm 6'3 and always been an athlete, my weight when i was stone solid working out constantly in college was 210 so that's my goal) i'm now down to 228 and feel awesome. great thread and congrats to everyone for taking initiative for better health!

Thats awesome weight lose especially when you throw the December holidays into the mix!!

I was pretty happy this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I lost 4 lbs...it's a start

I've been working on it for the last couple of weeks. Not really a diet as much as cutting out junk food and watching the portions. I've lost 14 lbs in those two weeks. I am walking some and every time I play I walk at least 18. So far so good. I'm 6'2" and going from 230 to 190 lbs.........

So Dean pulled out the scale and weighed himself and I figured what the heck I haven't weighed my self in about a week. So I step on the scale and I'm down 5.8 pounds from the last time I weighed myself and 10.4 pounds overall!!! Only 7 more pounds to reach my goal weight!!!

You go girl :clapp:! Great job and I wish 7 lbs to lose was in sight for me. I am realizing from the latest posts that cutting down drastically the amount of carb intake is the secret to dropping those lbs. I need to get with :blob:

i've been on a diet since december, no fast food, no soda, limit white carbs and working out 3x a week in addition to my golf workouts...i started at 240 (i'm 6'3 and always been an athlete, my weight when i was stone solid working out constantly in college was 210 so that's my goal) i'm now down to 228 and feel awesome. great thread and congrats to everyone for taking initiative for better health!

I hear ya gio and keep up the great work buddy! Again what you mentioned about limiting carbs is something I need to really focus on. I already workout really hard but that is not enough in itself. Great post !

Nerfny that is great! FWIW, Ole Gray is definitely looking great with all that exercise he is doing. Hard to believe a 61 year old can be in such great shape. I've got to step it up or he'll trade me in for a couple 25 year old ladies pretty soon. Great job everyone!

I was pretty happy this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I lost 4 lbs...it's a start

Good for you Dean. You and Nerfny are kicking butt as a team. I like the aspect of couples working towards the same goals and helping each other with the diet. Great job!

I've been working on it for the last couple of weeks. Not really a diet as much as cutting out junk food and watching the portions. I've lost 14 lbs in those two weeks. I am walking some and every time I play I walk at least 18. So far so good. I'm 6'2" and going from 230 to 190 lbs.........

40 lbs and you will be buying a new wardrobe Ric :blob:! You will have to reward yourself with some great new golf outfits for 2012 :D

Inspiring stuff all round guys. Keep up the good work!

Nerfny that is great! FWIW, Ole Gray is definitely looking great with all that exercise he is doing. Hard to believe a 61 year old can be in such great shape. I've got to step it up or he'll trade me in for a couple 25 year old ladies pretty soon. Great job everyone!

Thanks sweety and no way I would trade you in :nono:! You are going to have this old man to hang with for a long time .

No way he would ever trade you in KellyBo!!

So I stepped onto the scale. I was a bit worried, PGA Show and being sick (almost 3 weeks no gym) I thought I'd be up a few. I'm down. 224. 2 more lbs to hit 50 since we started this last year. Once I hit that I'm gonna buy myself something lol. Depending how much lessons cost itll be a new driver, shaft or some kick @ss Nike shirt, shorts, shoes and pullover I saw.

The week we have been waiting for is almost here! My wife and i go on a carribean cruise next Sunday. My goal when I started the diet and exercise thing in November was to be at 245 or under by the time we hit the ship. This morning I was 245! finally! (I was getting nervous) From 269 to 245! Pretty sweet and it is nice to reach a goal. I am going to get at lest 3 and maybe 4 more workout in before we leave Saturday. I am also in the final 3 days of an herbal cleanse, so 240 by the end of the week is a possibility. I haven't been in the 230's in quite a few years and that is my next goal!

The week we have been waiting for is almost here! My wife and i go on a carribean cruise next Sunday. My goal when I started the diet and exercise thing in November was to be at 245 or under by the time we hit the ship. This morning I was 245! finally! (I was getting nervous) From 269 to 245! Pretty sweet and it is nice to reach a goal. I am going to get at lest 3 and maybe 4 more workout in before we leave Saturday. I am also in the final 3 days of an herbal cleanse, so 240 by the end of the week is a possibility. I haven't been in the 230's in quite a few years and that is my next goal!

Man that sounds great and congrats on your hard work and dedication to your goal :clapp:. I am proud of ya and hope you and the wife, have a fabulous time on your cruise!

So I stepped onto the scale. I was a bit worried, PGA Show and being sick (almost 3 weeks no gym) I thought I'd be up a few. I'm down. 224. 2 more lbs to hit 50 since we started this last year. Once I hit that I'm gonna buy myself something lol. Depending how much lessons cost itll be a new driver, shaft or some kick @ss Nike shirt, shorts, shoes and pullover I saw.

I know 2 more hits that long awaited target, but congratulations already buddy. Going lean HAM on it!

Great work! Can just imagine the feeling as you look down and see you've reached the target. Love that you're going for it even more too! How much more will you be enjoying that cruise now? :D

I know 2 more hits that long awaited target, but congratulations already buddy. Going lean HAM on it!

Great work! Can just imagine the feeling as you look down and see you've reached the target. Love that you're going for it even more too! How much more will you be enjoying that cruise now? :D

Thanks dude. I'm gonna be rockin some Euro cut Sligo wear in a few weeks I reckon.

Thanks dude. I'm gonna be rockin some Euro cut Sligo wear in a few weeks I reckon.

That's the look for this season. I've got some good contacts in the skinny jeans industry, I can hook you up.

That's the look for this season. I've got some good contacts in the skinny jeans industry, I can hook you up.

If they're skinny I can handle, just need a boot cut skinny jean. Reckon I'm a fan of bootcut.

If they're skinny I can handle, just need a boot cut skinny jean. Reckon I'm a fan of bootcut.

It's not Euro skinny unless you can feel them on both sides of your ankle at the same time! You could always tuck them into your cowboy boots.

It's not Euro skinny unless you can feel them on both sides of your ankle at the same time! You could always tuck them into your cowboy boot flavored UGS.

FIFY hahahahaaha

Thanks Paulo. It feels good and it's a little addicting. I am thinking about the 230's now and that was just a pipe dream 3 months ago.

Man that sounds great and congrats on your hard work and dedication to your goal :clapp:. I am proud of ya and hope you and the wife, have a fabulous time on your cruise!

Thanks Gray! You all have been an inspiration for me and on the days I didn't fell like working out, thought of this thread many times to motivate me into doing it!

Last edited:
FIFY hahahahaaha

That's the one! :D Can't even wear my MUGGS over here due to the rain. Nobody wants a soggy UGG.

Keep up the hard work Tomahawk. It's great when you have a target to work towards. My motivation this year is my upcoming wedding, so I'm hoping by that point I'll be in the habit of keeping fit and it'll become natural.

I'm feeling chipper today. I've dropped 25 lbs and 9% body fat since the Morgan Cup and I'm feeling like a million bucks. I feel like I've lost more based on how my clothes are fitting but the trainers at my gym tell me it's because I'm putting on lean muscle and lean muscle weighs more than fat so that's why the scale doesn't reflect how my clothes are feeling. I've still got goals to hit though so I'm pushing hard toward them but I sure feel good today! :D

I'm feeling chipper today. I've dropped 25 lbs and 9% body fat since the Morgan Cup and I'm feeling like a million bucks. I feel like I've lost more based on how my clothes are fitting but the trainers at my gym tell me it's because I'm putting on lean muscle and lean muscle weighs more than fat so that's why the scale doesn't reflect how my clothes are feeling. I've still got goals to hit though so I'm pushing hard toward them but I sure feel good today! :D

Congrats dude! That is awesome!

Man, thats so freaking awesome I don't know where to start. Thats a ton of weight to lose, and on top of that adding all that muscle is going to be great for your golf game, but more importantly your overall health. I bet you look badarse.

Way to go buddy! Transformations can be tough but 6 months later when you see what OU accomplished, it is evidence that all of the hard work is worth it.

Congrats and keep up the hard work!

I am due for another weigh in tomorrow and will update accordingly.

Congrats P4B, thats a big accomplishment. Nothing feels better than getting in shape and being healthy!

Back