Are You Captain Material?

I believe I would make a good playing captain, but so much a non-playing captain. I have too much of a desire to be directly part of the action to be able to just watch the action from the sidelines. Not that I would not strongly encourage and cheer on each and every one of member of my team that was playing, I just know I would rather be part of the action and playing in that scenario.

I'm kinda with you there. My captaining style would be way more of a lead by example way of doing things. Not sure how good of a non playing captain I would be. although I have coached before which is kinda similar and did well at that. I prefer a playing captain role though.

There was a time I thought I was a good captain.. I've lead hockey teams but I tend to be the "leave it all on the ice" kind of guy. Seems like with golf/THP, there has to be a more casual approach, Whether it's about personal development or forum interaction... Otherwise you're the bad captain and people stand against you.

So, I guess I don't know. It's a very, very hard thing to adapt to less than you as a captain define as 100%. I think if I did it again, it'd be 100% about the fun. Handicaps do an awfully nice job of accommodating that.

Nope, but I could be a good leader, have been and am at my job

Yes I think I'd be a good captain, especially as a non playing captain, I've always enjoyed coaching and getting more out of other than they think possible. And on a golf course it would be come even more passion for me to lead a squad playing the game we all love!

I used to think so but now not so sure.

I think you would make the perfect captain....very even keeled, very fair and incredibly talented.

Are You Captain Material?

I think so.
-I'm calm but VERY competitive.
-I'm out going enough.
-I usually gather my thoughts before making a statement.
-If it's a golf team, I have enough golf knowledge and experience to have some idea on strategy. I'm also undefeated (1-0) in unofficial THP gatherings as a captain thanks to SoCal. :)

In my professional life I was recently promoted to a management position. I think my new employees all respect me even though most of them have been with the company longer. I've learned its best to be honest and open with them for both the good and the bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I would make a good captain, my passed experiences in my life have led me to be able to lead people in very trying conditions with great success!

Well as GM I led a staff of 60 each day. I realized each person has different goals and is motivated by different things or some are not motivated by anything. Trying to find a way to keep them from holding the rest of the team back is always one of the biggest challenges. Then putting the best team members in position to lead on the field and let the others follow their examples. It would be very similar in captaining a team.

So yes, I think I would be a good Captain.

I would be a great captain if there were no one else on the team.

I've tried.....but not sure I have what it takes especially when comparing myself to others.

I can handle the logistics and how to pair a team yada yada yada......but I lack the motivational ability and a knack for saying the right thing at the right time.

While it was an absolute honor and privilege to get the opportunity in the past I think I offer more as an individual contributor to the team.

The traits of an effective leader include the following:

• Emotional stability. Good leaders must be able to tolerate frustration and stress - Nope
  • Dominance - Yep
  • Enthusiasm - Yep
  • Conscientiousness - Yep
  • Social boldness - Hahahaha, Yup
  • Tough-mindedness - Yup
  • Self-assurance - Nope
  • Compulsiveness - In spades.

8 out of 10 aint bad.

I've tried.....but not sure I have what it takes especially when comparing myself to others.

I can handle the logistics and how to pair a team yada yada yada......but I lack the motivational ability and a knack for saying the right thing at the right time.

While it was an absolute honor and privilege to get the opportunity in the past I think I offer more as an individual contributor to the team.

I'd roll out with you two as a captain any day!

I don't know that is true, while you may not be capt rah rah, what you said to me was enough on singles morning at The Grandaddy to go get the job done. I'd gladly play again for you any time.

As for me? I don't think so. I'm more of a tell me what to do and I'll do it type of guy.

I can captain :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I've been a successful leader of multiple hundreds across many states for several years in the past. However, that's very different from being a Captain.

It was an honor to ride some short coat tails recently though! I see some great captain's that have been or could be already posting in this thread!

As of right now, probably not. Eventually I think I would, but not at the moment.

I think I would make a fantastic captain. Yet at the same time, I can't exactly explain why I think that.

The traits of an effective leader include the following:

• Emotional stability. Good leaders must be able to tolerate frustration and stress - Nope
  • Dominance - Yep
  • Enthusiasm - Yep
  • Conscientiousness - Yep
  • Social boldness - Hahahaha, Yup
  • Tough-mindedness - Yup
  • Self-assurance - Nope
  • Compulsiveness - In spades.

8 out of 10 aint bad.
I guess counting isn't high on the list? :angel:

I got to do the captain thing. It was fun, but I am happy to let others try their hand at it going forward. I'll just stick to being an enthusiastic sheep.

Possibly. I really have no experience in Team competition so I am not sure but leaning toward no.

I think I could handle it.

#Rule1isNoStupidGroupChats

Yeah I think I am up for it as well. Past experience shows I've done well I guess.

It does take a special personality to be able to successfully captain a group of people made up of different personalities and backgrounds etc.

I guess counting isn't high on the list? :angel:

I can count to two. That's 2 Hall of Fame tags.

But then again in team competition I focus on my game and my team so I know it's a foreign concept to some who get the opportunity to be in a team event...

I'm going to say probably not. I have taken the captains chair many times in life. On Fupys list I'm probably 7 for 8 but captaining a golf team may not be my strong suit.

Back