Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

J40 445 driver 10.5* with GD DI-6 shaft.
J40 3W 15* with GD DI-7 shaft
J40 Hybrid 3/4 with Fubuki hybrid shaft(not actually available but what the heck)
Dual Pockets for irons 5-PW PX Graphite 5.5--Forgiveness in a pretty sleek package. Could be the perfect set if it has that Bridgestone feel that I love. Seems like it does
J40 Satin Chrome wedges--52/58 DG Spinners
Whatever putter. I have a dream putter maker but I will reserve the right to not state out loud who I hope it is for fear of jinxing myself. Actually a few companies who I would love to roll
B330RX yellow balls
All placed in the redonkulous Staff bag they have

I like it.... maybe change out the 3 hybrid for a 2 hybrid, maybe some different shaft flexes and the good old B330 Tour and I'd be in hog heaven too.

CL's post has me pondering what he is pondering about putters.

From just reading his post, I am thinking that he is thinking that another OEM will be involved for the putter side of Bridgestone's sponsorship.

Honestly just guessing on the shaft. Actually hoping to hop on the monitor this weekend and do some testing

that would be great if that could happen. I know time will probably be at a minimum though

I like it!

From just reading his post, I am thinking that he is thinking that another OEM will be involved for the putter side of Bridgestone's sponsorship.

Well this is a dream bag so I dream big! No idea what is going to happen on the putter side. I will say some of those Tour Stages are sweet

that would be great if that could happen. I know time will probably be at a minimum though

Maybe the range at GC is lit

From what I've heard, it seems like this driver/shaft combo may launch a little lower than some others and I generally need some launch. What I don't need is spin, which I'm thinking the head/shaft combo could help with. My hope would be that it would launch high and spin low.

The offer I hit was a 9* with a 6.0 shaft. My ball flight was low/mid. I'm thinking a 10.5 with a tipped 5.5 shaft will do the trick.

I saw some pics of Bridgestone prototype putters and they look to be pretty nice. It will interesting to see what bag they reach into as far as flat sticks ate concerned

J40 Hybrid 3/4 with Fubuki hybrid shaft(not actually available but what the heck)

I'd give serious consideration to the DJ over the DI for you CL. From our previous chats regarding spin rates and LA for you I think you could end up liking it more if you do end up with Bstone.

That Fubuki hybrid is pretty burly too. Very flat ball flight. Great for those who want to stay under the wind. VTS or VS Proto would be good options too. Actually so would the Radix 8N for that matter

I'd give serious consideration to the DJ over the DI for you CL. From our previous chats regarding spin rates and LA for you I think you could end up liking it more if you do end up with Bstone.

That Fubuki hybrid is pretty burly too. Very flat ball flight. Great for those who want to stay under the wind. VTS or VS Proto would be good options too. Actually so would the Radix 8N for that matter

I was thinking the DJ line but didn't know if it was more or less spin. Yeah I think you are right with the DJ. As always good call!

Just read this again. Fubuki is low launch? Man the driver shaft was way too high launch for me so I figured the hybrid would be similar.

thats what is in mine...6.0. I have determined that they are just right for me.
Same here (6.0) this is the first time I've ever used them and I really really like them. I haven't had any harsh feeling or any of that and the ball flight is simply perfect for me.

Dual Pockets for irons 5-PW PX Graphite 5.5--Forgiveness in a pretty sleek package. Could be the perfect set if it has that Bridgestone feel that I love. Seems like it does
J40 Satin Chrome wedges--52/58 DG Spinners
Whatever putter. I have a dream putter maker but I will reserve the right to not state out loud who I hope it is for fear of jinxing myself. Actually a few companies who I would love to roll
B330RX yellow balls
All placed in the redonkulous Staff bag they have

Dang CL you know how to make a dream bag! That looks quite similar to my dream bag, except I would go with the GD DI-7 in the Driver with the DI-8 in the 3W and a GD shaft in the 2 and 4 hybrids would be awesome too! Dual Pockets for me too cause those looks amazing and give you the added forgiveness that we all need and a 50*, 54* and 58* wedge set up with the spinners! Add the beloved B330 ball and that Staff bag and I am in ecstasy!

Chunky that sounds like an epic bag, but it's only 13 clubs. Would you add another wedge?

Dang CL you know how to make a dream bag! That looks quite similar to my dream bag, except I would go with the GD DI-7 in the Driver with the DI-8 in the 3W and a GD shaft in the 2 and 4 hybrids would be awesome too! Dual Pockets for me too cause those looks amazing and give you the added forgiveness that we all need and a 50*, 54* and 58* wedge set up with the spinners! Add the beloved B330 ball and that Staff bag and I am in ecstasy!

I don't think they offer a 50 or I would have gone with it. Are you bending a 52 to 50?

Chunky that sounds like an epic bag, but it's only 13 clubs. Would you add another wedge?

Maybe a 2 hybrid? Or bend a 52 to 50. More likely the 2 hybrid for off the tee

Maybe a 2 hybrid? Or bend a 52 to 50. More likely the 2 hybrid for off the tee

Interesting thoughts. I wasn't aware that they don't offer a 50* wedge. That's too bad.

Just read this again. Fubuki is low launch? Man the driver shaft was way too high launch for me so I figured the hybrid would be similar.

The Fubuki hybrid is based off the Alpha profile not the Tour. It's meant to be a very flat flight. The previous Fubuki Hybrids were higher launching but have been discontinuted. I may be harshing on this shaft too much but I really didn't like it. Felt very harsh, unlike the rest of the Fubuki series and I'm not a fan of the frozen rope ball flight on hybrids.

I was thinking the DJ line but didn't know if it was more or less spin. Yeah I think you are right with the DJ. As always good call!

The DJ is a higher spin and launch then the DI but not by a huge amount. Same type of profile mostly, but softer. It's for the guys that want a DI but need a touch more launch or spin. They play different but the DI to DJ is kind of like the Attas to Attas 2 (I think you've hit the Attas and maybe the Attas 2 if that helps at all).

I don't think they offer a 50 or I would have gone with it. Are you bending a 52 to 50?

Yeah, I got to have my 50* so I would bend a 52*. Ahhh to dream! I just love what Bridgestone is bringing out this year! It is impressive to say the least!

Brian Katrek was talking about the J40 hybrid on Fairways of Life this morning. Haven't heard too much about the hybrid, but definitely am looking forward to trying it out in the future.

Brian Katrek was talking about the J40 hybrid on Fairways of Life this morning. Haven't heard too much about the hybrid, but definitely am looking forward to trying it out in the future.

Yeah this is the first I have heard the hybrid mentioned. I am really excited to try it though. Heck, I am excited to try all of the B'Stone stuff!

Yeah this is the first I have heard the hybrid mentioned. I am really excited to try it though. Heck, I am excited to try all of the B'Stone stuff!

I still havent had a chance to hit their drivers or irons...just their wedges and balls. Their stuff really is great quality though and it looks pretty cool too lol.

I hit a fairway fairway wood yesterday and liked it a lot. I will have the wedges and possibly irons in the bag today too. Haven't hit the driver yet but hoping to try it today or tomorrow. The complete line looks fantastic. There will be plenty of happy staffers at mc 2.0

Back