Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Well sigh. I ordered the DPC and they sent me the CB. :angry:

Well sigh. I ordered the DPC and they sent me the CB. :angry:

Who did you order from, I forget? Bummer. Did they get the shafts right? I was on the fence with either CB or DPC. They are really close, but you have to be happy about what is in your bag.

Who did you order from, I forget? Bummer. Did they get the shafts right? I was on the fence with either CB or DPC. They are really close, but you have to be happy about what is in your bag.

Blind 9. I think sadly I'm going to have to send them back and go DPC.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I don't blame you, hopefully the origin of the mess up will make it right and offer a faster turnaround.

I don't blame you, hopefully the origin of the mess up will make it right and offer a faster turnaround.

We'll see

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

BTW - Not sure I am sold on the GP TV's in medium. It was humid today and my non glove hand slipped a bit. The glove hand had no issue though. I might prefer the stickier and softer tour wrap. Time will tell...

Well I learned something very interesting this weekend. IF you don't completely remove the iron head from the packaging and take the plastic off, it's very hard to see the two cavities a-la DPC. Thus, this makes them look eerily similar to the CB. However, upon fully taking the irons out of the box and removing the packaging it's much easier to tell they are DPC's. Fun fact of the day.

And yes, I am an idiot.

LOL. Glad that sorted itself out.
Well I learned something very interesting this weekend. IF you don't completely remove the iron head from the packaging and take the plastic off, it's very hard to see the two cavities a-la DPC. Thus, this makes them look eerily similar to the CB. However, upon fully taking the irons out of the box and removing the packaging it's much easier to tell they are DPC's. Fun fact of the day.

And yes, I am an idiot.

You know that feeling you get when you realize you are incredibly stupid sometimes. I got that this morning when I actually unwrapped the irons from all the plastic to take pictures to send to Bstone. Then I'm like "oh cool, look at the two cavities". "Oh..........interesting". "I'm an idiot".

too funny

And yes, I am an idiot.

This is hilarious man!

Glad it's all good now and looking forward to your feedback on them.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

And yes, I am an idiot.

Brooks I got to these this weekend on the range at media day. I think you will really like them. Honestly, I could use a bit more forgiveness with an iron, but was doing alright with these. I tried a couple of different shaft offerings and the graphite 5.5's that bullfrog had were awesome for me. I struggled big time with the 588's but saw both sets struck extremely well by golfers far better than myself.

Brooks I got to these this weekend on the range at media day. I think you will really like them. Honestly, I could use a bit more forgiveness with an iron, but was doing alright with these. I tried a couple of different shaft offerings and the graphite 5.5's that bullfrog had were awesome for me. I struggled big time with the 588's but saw both sets struck extremely well by golfers far better than myself.

I'll let you swing mine with the KBS Tours and see what you think when I get back to NC. As long as you let me swing your PINGs. :act-up:

I'll let you swing mine with the KBS Tours and see what you think when I get back to NC. As long as you let me swing your PINGs. :act-up:

Absolutely, really looking forward to it.

These irons are amazing. Definitely staying in the bag for the foreseeable future. I hit these things well.

you hit mine with the KBS Tour shafts pretty damn good on the range Frank. Heck I walked away for 20 minutes came back and you were still going at it with them. After trying other irons at the MC last weekend, I think these were the best irons there. Just my opinion though:alien:

you hit mine with the KBS Tour shafts pretty damn good on the range Frank. Heck I walked away for 20 minutes came back and you were still going at it with them. After trying other irons at the MC last weekend, I think these were the best irons there. Just my opinion though:alien:

I know we talked about which shafts you should get, it seems you made the right choice?! Did you hit anyone else's clubs while you were there? How did they compare?

I know we talked about which shafts you should get, it seems you made the right choice?! Did you hit anyone else's clubs while you were there? How did they compare?

Freddie, what are your initial thoughts on these pal?

I hit bullfrogs with the graphite, cookies with the 5.5, and jakes CBs. One of the best shots I hit on the course was with Jakes CB.

The graphite shafts felt pretty awesome in them. It was an effortless swing. The ball flight was pretty high, with the distance seeming comparable.

I thought the PX and KBS were similar with flight, but I just much preferred the KBS. Not sure why, but the PX felt heavier, even though the shaft weight is identical.

Nice thoughts Deano. I think KBS are just too good to pass up!

After getting in 5-6 rounds with these irons I can honestly say that these irons are simply more accurate than all the irons I have previously played...I am going at more pins than I ever have...at first I thought I was just swinging better but since I am hitting my woods horrendously, I think the DPC's are just more accurate for whatever reason.

To be honest, I was never a believer in the "these irons are more accurate" mantra as I thought all irons were pretty much the same other than feel, but now I dont believe this...the feedback you get from these irons lets you know pretty much where on the face you hit it and whether you hit it thin or fat...this in itself helps you hit the sweet spot more often as the feedback is very accurate and immediate.

I am not a good golfer by any means but I have not had any trouble hitting these irons and I am 2 degrees strong.

Highly recommend these irons to any cappers at 15 or less.

Back