caddy outdrives lee westwood

krank78

Reaction score
Handicap
oob 4.4
So European and PGA Tour star and former #1 ranked player Lee Westwood was
playing in a golf outing in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida recently. His caddy
for the day was a burly, middle aged local man.

Apparently, Westwood was really driving the ball long that day by tour standards, and started getting a little full of himself. Rumor has it that he repeatedly asked the caddy if he could 'catch that one' every time he hit a strong tee shot.

Finally, about the 5th time he was goaded on, the caddy, who was normally
quite reserved, was now clearly irritated with Westwood's cockiness. He nodded
and said he would give it a try.

Well, to Lee's shock and dismay, that big local guy took Westwood's own
driver and walloped the first ball over 50 yards past his own best drive -
coming to rest over 350 yards from the tee!

Little did Westwood know was that his caddy was actually George 'Animal' Slupski, the 2010 Senior World Long Drive Champion and multiple time finalist! And 350 is well short of the 404 yard drive that carried him to victory that year - making this drive just a 'little poke'!
So the moral to this story is, before you start getting a big ego on the golf course, make sure you know... 'who's your caddy?'
Because no matter how good you get, or how far you can drive, there's always somebody out there that can embarrass you.

i stole this from steve pratts hititlonger website.

That is really funny. Sit down, Lee! Haha.

Haha that's brilliant. I love hearing stuff like this when someone's ego gets the better of them.

lol i thought so to and if you knew george hes really laid back and had to be really annoied to do that.

That's funny. Bet Lee knows who his caddie is next time. I would have loved to have seen his reaction. :what:

Talk about eating your words.

Good stuff if it is true.

it is true.

That's hilarious. I would've liked to see a video on that.

That's hysterical. I would have loved to see that.

Thats pretty funny stuff

Pictures or it's internet truth :desire: JK, but regardless that is a great find and would love to see a pic with the expression on his face. Way to go George!

I would have tossed the driver at Lee and made him carry the bag the rest of the round.

He can be my caddy anytime he wants. That is so great. Serves Lee Westwood right for getting too full of himself on the course. He should know by now that the golf gods like to knock you down when you think you are all that...

That's funny.

Golf Clap for that man.

Frickin Westtooth. He should have gotten slapped too. I bet he felt like an idiot afterwards.

good to see westwood humbled a bit

I haven't paid much attention to Westwood before now, and will continue that tradition. It would have been different if it was someone he knew and you could say that it was friendly ribbing.

Hilarious and great story but lemme tell you something, Westwood freaking crushes the ball, especially his irons - saw the dude take a 4 iron on a 245 yrd. par 3 at Doral and he hit a freaking rocket ship to about 6 feet - never seen such an amazing trajectory in my life.

Ha...you never know who is on the bag.

This story is great.

I wish I could have been there to see it play out from the beginning.

Funny story, and I bet Lee did deserve it :)

Back