Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Houston, we have a problem....

Played yesterday and the Razr Fit just didn't feel right after the first hole. It felt great on the range, but when I tee'd off on number 2, it just felt "dead". ball flew 220 rolled another 15 or so. Just awful. I can hit the ball pretty well and 235 is not a normal drive at all. After a few more holes, I start to think it is my swing. I put the driver away and hit 3 wood on a tight par 4 and hit it 265 right down the middle. Next tee, I take the head cover off and I see a small crack in the seam of the driver. Driver is toast. Needs to be replaced in a little more than a month. Not overly impressed, but I do realize that it happens. It still sucks...

Not sure if I got with another TA or if I go to a Titleist 910d3.

Houston, we have a problem....

Played yesterday and the Razr Fit just didn't feel right after the first hole. It felt great on the range, but when I tee'd off on number 2, it just felt "dead". ball flew 220 rolled another 15 or so. Just awful. I can hit the ball pretty well and 235 is not a normal drive at all. After a few more holes, I start to think it is my swing. I put the driver away and hit 3 wood on a tight par 4 and hit it 265 right down the middle. Next tee, I take the head cover off and I see a small crack in the seam of the driver. Driver is toast. Needs to be replaced in a little more than a month. Not overly impressed, but I do realize that it happens. It still sucks...

Not sure if I got with another TA or if I go to a Titleist 910d3.

Was that a TA or a regular Fit that cracked?

Yes. My local distributor already replaced it. I actually got on the monitor with the titleist 910d3 and saw great numbers. They are giving me a loaner D3 to use til they get another TA in (they didn't have them). The good news he said if I like it, they will exchange it as an even swap. Either way, I get another TA and get to try out the D3 which is what my Golfec coach said would be my perfect match.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yes. My local distributor already replaced it. I actually got on the monitor with the titleist 910d3 and saw great numbers. They are giving me a loaner D3 to use til they get another TA in (they didn't have them). The good news he said if I like it, they will exchange it as an even swap. Either way, I get another TA and get to try out the D3 which is what my Golfec coach said would be my perfect match.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
That is good news, just wanted to make sure you didnt think you were SOL lol.

Yeah, 2nd broken driver of the year... not sure what is doing.

The 910d3 felt great today with the 72g ahina...get to try it tomorrow in the ATL

I've got my eye on an orange special edition one. Maybe I'll go orange razr fit.

just saw this. YOU MUST DO IT. That would be sick!!

eBay has an absolutely SICK looking orange Razr Fit w/ AD-Di6 combo.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

oh man. ddec!!! paging ddec!!!

Right after I got home from The Morgan Cup I put the TA back in the bag. I know...its crazy because I was hitting the regular Fit so well. But now that I had spent more time with the regular Fit I wanted to se if I could still hit the TA well. I played 9 holes yesterday and hit the range today, and I am noticing one thing that I didn't notice before. I hit the TA looooooow. I don't know if it just didn't seem low before because I was used to it or what, but after playing with the regular Fit for about a month and loving the mid ball flight, I am seeing a very low flight with the TA. I am hitting it on a string, thats for sure. I am just dead accurate with it, but I haven't got a good judge if I am hitting the TA as far as the regular Fit because my round yesterday was very windy and my range doesn't have good distance markers. I feel like I am crushing the TA but I can't tell if I am getting as much carry and distance as the regular Fit. If not then the TA may end up going on the Marketplace. Love the driver but man I was killing the Fit down in Myrtle Beach. Both drivers are just amazing, but if I can get accuracy AND increased distance from the Fit I will stick with it and sell the TA. The odd thing is I am a high ball hitter with all my irons but I can nail a line drive with the TA every time. Definitely looking forward to a round later this week to see what kind of distance I am getting with it.

Right after I got home from The Morgan Cup I put the TA back in the bag. I know...its crazy because I was hitting the regular Fit so well. But now that I had spent more time with the regular Fit I wanted to se if I could still hit the TA well. I played 9 holes yesterday and hit the range today, and I am noticing one thing that I didn't notice before. I hit the TA looooooow. I don't know if it just didn't seem low before because I was used to it or what, but after playing with the regular Fit for about a month and loving the mid ball flight, I am seeing a very low flight with the TA. I am hitting it on a string, thats for sure. I am just dead accurate with it, but I haven't got a good judge if I am hitting the TA as far as the regular Fit because my round yesterday was very windy and my range doesn't have good distance markers. I feel like I am crushing the TA but I can't tell if I am getting as much carry and distance as the regular Fit. If not then the TA may end up going on the Marketplace. Love the driver but man I was killing the Fit down in Myrtle Beach. Both drivers are just amazing, but if I can get accuracy AND increased distance from the Fit I will stick with it and sell the TA. The odd thing is I am a high ball hitter with all my irons but I can nail a line drive with the TA every time. Definitely looking forward to a round later this week to see what kind of distance I am getting with it.

You might have two family members who might call dibs first hahahahaa. Good luck this week with it man. I hope you figure out which one you want to game.

Hoping to place an order for a Razr Fit this week.Time to put the White driver in the closet,I really hate how dirty the White gets and I find I have a harder time lining this driver up square.

Whats the difference between the Fit and the Tour Authentic? And is the Udesign built on the Fit model or the TA Model?

Whats the difference between the Fit and the Tour Authentic? And is the Udesign built on the Fit model or the TA Model?

A couple hundred dollars! The TA has more settings on the hosel and comes with more weights.

A couple hundred dollars! The TA has more settings on the hosel and comes with more weights.

And awesome colors. Don't forget the colors.

Dang, a little more adjustability is it? I thought maybe it was like a different metal like the R11 or R11Ti

That's only on the sole though, isn't it? Not a big deal for me!

It still looks awesome. Maybe not worth a few hundred bucks awesome, but still a cool touch.

Dang, a little more adjustability is it?

Pretty much that's it from what I've learned. And the weight kit is available separately and works with the regular FIT.

EDIT - different stock shaft too.

Pretty much that's it from what I've learned. And the weight kit is available separately and works with the regular FIT.

EDIT - different stock shaft too.

Real deal PX Black in the TA, for some reason the shaft kinda feels dead to me though so I have the X-Con 6 coming. Going to give the PX Black 2 or 3 more rounds before putting in the X-Con 6 though, or at least a very very long range session with the 2 shafts comparing them.

I wasn't a super fan of the PX Black, or other PX shafts for that matter.

I have to say again here, the white board and this driver head is a deadly combo.

Back