Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

Good point ddec! Completely unnecessary but very cool of Callaway to do something like that!

I'd agree with you buddy. I'd be lying if I said a small part of me didn't want those.

What was your thought process on picking the X Tours over them? Did you feel the Tours would be better for your game or were there other factors?

excellent point Ddec!!!!!!!! great pics Jake and glad you get to hit them tomorrow.

All those Razr's look absolutely stunning...
I wish I had the game for the forged as they are some of the sexiest I have seen....
As is, I am currently selling all my excess stuff off and I believe a set of Razr X Tours may be in my immediate future....

What was your thought process on picking the X Tours over them? Did you feel the Tours would be better for your game or were there other factors?

Yeah Doug, it's fairly well documented that I'm a fan of forgiveness and distance irons. While the Forged are gorgeous, I've just become such a fan of "distance" irons that I prefer irons with stronger lofts than I do those with traditional lofts. The fact that the 9iron and PW are almost identical in loft to the 2.0's, it just made for an easier transition for me. I like hitting a PW from 135-140 yards out, it just makes golf easier for me. It gives me more options off the tee. The Tours are also some really fantastic irons. They have a great, sleek look at address, but I found them to be really, really forgiving. Kind of like the complete package.

All those Razr's look absolutely stunning...
I wish I had the game for the forged as they are some of the sexiest I have seen....
As is, I am currently selling all my excess stuff off and I believe a set of Razr X Tours may be in my immediate future....

Have you had the chance to demo them yet Bama?

Nice pics Jake. Sounds like you had an eventful afternoon. Looks like the black/white ndmc's are a popular grip choice.

Nice pics Jake. Sounds like you had an eventful afternoon. Looks like the black/white ndmc's are a popular grip choice.

I'm the odd ball that went with green haha

Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to hitting these. The fact that I've been fit to a 2* upright iron (which these are) and had been playing standard makes me real anxious to get out there with the right set of irons too, it should help a lot.

Great pics everyone, congress on some sweet looking equipment. Gotta be extremely excited.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Yeah it was something else, I was so excited then that excitement quickly went away. I called TC to vent as I was driving the dance outfit and just cussed a hot streak on his voice mail. I suppose I'll live though, but MAN they look so good and I can just tell that I'm going to hit them great by looking at them!

P4B I was so excited for you and then it all went to hell. That was a great story. Can't wait to hear your review tomorrow man

I'm the odd ball that went with green haha
I actually prefer the green
Those white grips will show the dirt a lot quicker...

Have you had the chance to demo them yet Bama?
I hit a 6I in the Razr X and really liked it....
I would like to put it up against the Tour just to compare...

Currently searching for a Demo day or possibly even a fitting.... (Callaway center over in Memphis..hmmmm)

LOL @ Jake's story. Kids before irons, big man. Always. Sounds like me and mine. Grace forgot this, Mary forgot that.

Kevin

Dang Jake, sorry it all went to crap so quick, but isn't that always the way it goes? Sometimes I think my wife "forgets" things on purpose just to screw with me! Man I'm green with envy at all the new sticks! They all look amazing and I hope you all hit them well.

All these iron pics make me drool. Now I can't wait for mine as well.

All these iron pics make me drool. Now I can't wait for mine as well.
I thought about you today as I was opening all these. I know you'll be getting some too and I was recalling how well you were hitting them at the outing. Now that they're in my house they seem to look even better, I don't get how that happens but I sure like it.

Gentlemen, congratulations on receiving your various irons of choice. While I am thrilled to be a TaylorMade staffer, all three Callaway iron lines are absolutely beautiful and feel terrific when I've picked them up in the store. It is very interesting to see almost every person considering a completely different bag set-up. I hope that you all enjoy the new irons.

Dean - I really like the green NDMCs...good choice.

I totally skimmed 7 pages for pics and video. So jealous! Congrats guys, the sticks look reDONKulous. Great pics and video thus far!

I thought about you today as I was opening all these. I know you'll be getting some too and I was recalling how well you were hitting them at the outing. Now that they're in my house they seem to look even better, I don't get how that happens but I sure like it.

Have supreme faith in your weapons of choice. I just absolutely adored those irons and man I hope you get the same mojo as me at the outing. They're gonna work great for you.

Spank speaks the truth!!! I was going back and forth, but I'm glad I chose what I did. The Razr X just look insane in hand. I was looking at the sole of the club and I love the technology behind it.

Have supreme faith in your weapons of choice. I just absolutely adored those irons and man I hope you get the same mojo as me at the outing. They're gonna work great for you.

Gentlemen, congratulations on receiving your various irons of choice. While I am thrilled to be a TaylorMade staffer, all three Callaway iron lines are absolutely beautiful and feel terrific when I've picked them up in the store. It is very interesting to see almost every person considering a completely different bag set-up. I hope that you all enjoy the new irons.

Dean - I really like the green NDMCs...good choice.

I'll echo ad's thoughts, it's great to see all of the Callaway staffers so excited about their new irons, and it really looks like all of them made choices that will fit their game. I can't wait to see all of you put them into play in August.

Back