Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

For unknown reasons don't know why they disliked the Tour Authentic head and chose the regular Razr fit head. I would never rely on a shim band aid type sizing fix, do it right the first time and remove the doubt.

I think they went with the razr fit head over the tour authentic for more forgiveness.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Hit the regular version of this the other day at a golf town and was blown away. Very nice driver. Always loved the feel of Callaway drivers and this is my favorite feeling to date. Was getting way too much backspin off of the club and was still getting good distances, so fitted to a better shaft than stock I am sure it would be a bomber. Just wish they had the Pro in RH.

Came away VERY impressed.

Any low handicappers go with the non pro version?

I actually really like the look of it. Found one at a local GG that actually sets up square/open in the standard position. Thinking about snagging it. Maybe add some hotmelt.

I've tried regular versions of the g25, covert, r1, stage2 and xhot in several trips to golfgalaxy and golfsmith in Delaware. 18 hcp with 105 avg driver speed with accuracy issues. I chose xhot, great swing weight, feel and look, spin numbers much lower. I played 1 round and it's best I've driven in years. TM clubs went launched the ball about 5 mph faster then other clubs at about 155, but felt dead. Covert was ok, g25 wasn't bad, i just always sliced it. This club just fits my swing, I'm very happy. I initially all but sold on the stage 2 and even sacrificed yardage because the xhot just feels, right.

Good info. Glad you fond one that is working for you.

Pissed I bought the Covert without hitting the X hot pro first , I will be selling the Covert and going to the X hot pro though so someone send one my way! :call-me:

I was really impressed with the X Hot Pro, I went with the Razr Fit Xtreme since it spun less for me, but I could see myself getting an XHP just to have.

I actually really like the look of it. Found one at a local GG that actually sets up square/open in the standard position. Thinking about snagging it. Maybe add some hotmelt.

i'm getting the non pro version won it at a demo day i'll let you know what i think once i get it. i asked for a 9.5 with X Flex not sure if they make X Flex in the regular version so interested to see what shaft i end up getting but its free so i'm not complaining.

i'm getting the non pro version won it at a demo day i'll let you know what i think once i get it. i asked for a 9.5 with X Flex not sure if they make X Flex in the regular version so interested to see what shaft i end up getting but its free so i'm not complaining.

I liked the non pro version better anyhow, just worked better for me

I liked the non pro version better anyhow, just worked better for me

with my fade i think the pro might be a better option as well since the face isn't open even if the pro is barely open. every little bit helps. guess i'll find out soon enough.

Fresh out of the box, I'll be takin this on the course this afternoon. Hopefully the LM numbers are duplicated and I can drop some X Bombs!

8ajydysa.jpg

eqa4ubu4.jpg

Pissed I bought the Covert without hitting the X hot pro first , I will be selling the Covert and going to the X hot pro though so someone send one my way! :call-me:

Don't say that in the Nike thread. There are some serious fan boys over there. Personally I have Been playing 10.5 xhot and it is every bit as good as my titleist 910 and definitely longer. Just love flight on the ball off the face.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Don't say that in the Nike thread. There are some serious fan boys over there. Personally I have Been playing 10.5 xhot and it is every bit as good as my titleist 910 and definitely longer. Just love flight on the ball off the face.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You're not joking about that, they'll defend that driver decision to-the-death...

This is the most sensible post I've read in quite some time AND you will not regret that decision...

You're not joking about that, they'll defend that driver decision to-the-death...

Of course I will. Because I had better numbers with the Covert tour. I'm sure the xhot pro is great. But it wasn't on the shelves in time.

Of course I will. Because I had better numbers with the Covert tour. I'm sure the xhot pro is great. But it wasn't on the shelves in time.

How did you have "better numbers" before it was released??

It's on shelves now Blu, give it a test drive...

How did you have "better numbers" before it was released??

It's on shelves now Blu, give it a test drive...

I had better numbers with the covert tour than with the xhot. The pro wasn't around for me to hit.

I will hit the xhot pro. But I do know that I like the looks of the xhot stuff. I love the looks of the covert line. I have no ambitions of buying a new driver.

Late to the party here, I'm rocking the non-pro Jimmy. I'd love to get it hotmelted to up the weight and drop the lead tape though.

Late to the party here, I'm rocking the non-pro Jimmy. I'd love to get it hotmelted to up the weight and drop the lead tape though.

You probably should have just done a better job with the lead tape job :eyepoke:

with my fade i think the pro might be a better option as well since the face isn't open even if the pro is barely open. every little bit helps. guess i'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, I dont need any "extra" fade on balls

You probably should have just done a better job with the lead tape job :eyepoke:

Comments like this are why I embrace it as is though! Hehe

I had better numbers with the covert tour than with the xhot. The pro wasn't around for me to hit.

I will hit the xhot pro. But I do know that I like the looks of the xhot stuff. I love the looks of the covert line. I have no ambitions of buying a new driver.

Ok, gotcha...

The pro is very-very minimalist looking. And very-very maxi-mal-ist in performance. It's a different bird than the XHot version and (in my opinion) a better fit for those looking for less than max forgiveness, less spin and still great launch characteristics. Your mileage may vary!

[video=youtube;i-SZbDtovf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-SZbDtovf0[/video]

The link above is from Mark Crossfield review XHot pro driver. Imagine if he had a wind breaker that fit him....

Zimba

I have the XHOT and nike covert and love both of them. I managed to get them both on flight scope and the XHOT gave me better numbers, I was getting better launch,spin,carry and total distance with the XHOT. It was on average 20 yards further. I am in a dilemma as I still love the covert.

Thats a good video on the x hot pro , did he ever show the LM numbers on it?

Ok, gotcha...

The pro is very-very minimalist looking. And very-very maxi-mal-ist in performance. It's a different bird than the XHot version and (in my opinion) a better fit for those looking for less than max forgiveness, less spin and still great launch characteristics. Your mileage may vary!

Come on WIGS!!! The weather in Tennessee has to be good, St. Louis was fine today, has to be a little better where you live. How is the pro performing for you in relation to your other ones, what shaft is working better project x or Diamana Ahina.

Back