Callaway X Spann Golf Glove Review

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
So since i'm a Callaway staffer for the Morgan Cup, one of the things i was worried with was finding a glove that i liked since i have been only using Vision Golf gloves for quite some time and i don't want to go back to a traditional leather glove. So after checking out Callaways website i found something thats pretty close IMO to my Vision glove that i have grown so fond of. Its the X Spann Golf Glove. its stretch and has no velcro to hold it on it just has a piece of elastic. i figured i'd give this glove a try for a while and see how i like it since i want to find a glove that feels good before the Morgan Cup. I took some pics and i'll keep the thread updated with how i like the glove. it feels really good when its on. only problem i could see having is having the elastic stretch out and having the glove become loose. it goes on easy and is def snug and its a little more difficult to get off your hand but it feels really good and the fabric feels soft as does the leather palm. looking forward to trying this out and seeing how they hold up. But i do like that Callaway is trying new ideas even in their glove line.

IMG_2491_zps669447dc.jpg

IMG_2493_zpsa446fff7.jpg
IMG_2494_zps1c30c0a9.jpg
IMG_2498_zpsef6ef893.jpg
IMG_2499_zps4b4f466c.jpg

Looks pretty nice. I like the mesh back on it too. I'll be interested to see how it feels in warm/hot weather compared to more traditional designs. I'm assuming it will breathe much better and may look into trying this myself this year.

Interesting. Does it come in any other color schemes? Perhaps something primarily white on the back?

Interesting. I know you really like those vision gloves so I will be following along and see how you like this one.

That glove looks pretty awesome. I think I need one.

Thanks for sharing that Buck, I too like the Vision gloves and these look to be very much like them. Look forward to reading your thoughts on these Callys.

Looks pretty nice. I like the mesh back on it too. I'll be interested to see how it feels in warm/hot weather compared to more traditional designs. I'm assuming it will breathe much better and may look into trying this myself this year.

i won't know about how it holds up in heat for a while but i would think it would breathe better since its mesh on the back

Interesting. Does it come in any other color schemes? Perhaps something primarily white on the back?

no this is the only color scheme that they have out right now as far as i know.

That's a pretty sweet glove Buck. What's the price tag on that bad boy?

19.99 so more than some gloves but if it lasts i don't think its that bad my vision are close to that but i can also wash them and get my vision gloves to last a little longer.

Interesting. I know you really like those vision gloves so I will be following along and see how you like this one.

it seems to be close to the same concepts.... non leather backs on vision and they also have that grip tact on the entire vision glove even thought these only have them in 2 fingers..... i'm hoping it lasts long.... the fit is very similar and snug but loose and stretches.

I expected it to cost more than that Buck. That's not bad at all if it's that much better of a glove. I may have to check into picking one up.

I expected it to cost more than that Buck. That's not bad at all if it's that much better of a glove. I may have to check into picking one up.

the other 2 i saw at dicks were like $12 and $15 i believe so i guess this is their premium glove persay? or it cost more to make since of the material. i dunno if we would get a choice on what gloves we want but this reminded me so much of my Vision gloves i had to snag one to test it out.

Interesting the palm looks pretty normal but the back it is quite odd. I would definitely give it a try regardless.

Nice write-up Buck. It'll be interesting to see how that glove works out for you.

If this worked out better in the heat it would certainly be worth it come MB in July. If I see one in a store I will certainly give it a go.

Those are really interesting looking. Looking forward to hearing how you get along with them over some rounds.

It's appearance certainly stands out from your "typical" glove. Nicely done!

Got caught skimming. Boo on me.

hmm, that glove might actually be great for the MB heat. I am intrigued.

hmm, that glove might actually be great for the MB heat. I am intrigued.

planning on giving it a good test in Orlando in May and hopefully in the rain doesn't get much more wet than that.

That glove looks nice. I may pick one up next time I need a glove.

I need a new glove & might just pick one up.
Thanks for the review Buckjob.

Nice looking glove. How it works well. Curious to see how it does in the heat and if will be tough to put on and take off when your hands are sweating. I would guess that the breathable mesh back would allow it to be removed fairly easily.
I will definitely be following along to see how well this glove performs.

I don't think I could wear that. I like my gloves pretty tight and use the velcro to really lock my gloves down. Just looks loose in the picture.

Certainly looks interesting, did you have to go down a size from traditional gloves since it stretches or would you say it's true to size?

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Back