CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

Kmac I like the looks of them in those Callaway shoes.

Nice photos and thoughts Kmac! Im with Cookie kinda took some of my pic ideas once I got them changed out haha. They look good in the Cally shoes.

Mine just came in early right before work, I accidentally got the stingers instead of the Zarma but these are really awesome! The first thing I noticed was the round box the spikes came in. The box is durable and convenient because unlike other spikes I've bought, they come in a reusable container instead of a plastic store box that has to be cut! The container comes with 18 spikes which is a good amount.

I really liked that champ was kind enough to send a whole package of the fly tees and a nice little bag as well-this is proof of what a great company they are-they go above and beyond!

The spike itself is a little different than a typical spike that I have tried-it is made of sturdier plastic and the arms itself are thicker and stronger than the soft spikes I have used in the past. I am looking forward to changing these out later and walking around at the range later
7348510522_52fd8d9ebb.jpg

7163299019_1d46e61b71.jpg

7163299303_3a1f1fca4c.jpg

7163299801_f87e74d61b.jpg

Last edited:
Good photos!

I put a set of Stingers in my AdiPures this spring and absolutely love them.
Best spikes I have ever had....hands down.

Good photos!

I put a set of Stingers in my AdiPures this spring and absolutely love them.
Best spikes I have ever had....hands down.

Yeah I'm kind of glad I got the stingers they look like they will hold up for a while

I have that wrench TBT...it is great!

Looking forward to what may be package day today or tomorrow?!

My package from CHAMP arrived today and I was able to swap them into my Nike Lunar Controls. I am pretty familiar with the Scorpion Stingers, as they come standard in the Nike shoes and they are holding up well. I like to walk whenever possible, so thats why I chose the Zarma spikes to test. One thing is for sure, the quick twist technology included in these spikes make installation a breeze.

One thing I will suggest, is to change your spikes outside or put a towel down before doing anything. As you will see in the video, there is alot of sand and grim that falls out with the spikes. That sand and stuff fell on our kitchen table / desk / office we have right now (sorry dear!).

Installation Video:

After shot:
IMAG0080.jpg

Side profile:
IMAG0081.jpg

I am playing this weekend and will have the Zarmas onboard. Thanks again to CHAMP for partnering with THP for this forum testing.

DD - video is marked as private

Awesome DD.....looking forward to your thoughts....the Zarmas are high on my list for my next spike replacement

Nice job Leir and DD, looking forward to all the info. Still no show on mine, but Nebraska is off the beaten track just a tad.

Dan any chance you are walking while playing this weekend? How often do you walk and I assume that you had Stingers before since you have Nike shoes? I have the Stingers now and while they are great for traction they arent the greatest thing to walk in if forced to walk on the cart path.

To the others that have the Stingers are you finding them to be harder but lower profile than your current spike?

Dan any chance you are walking while playing this weekend? How often do you walk and I assume that you had Stingers before since you have Nike shoes? I have the Stingers now and while they are great for traction they arent the greatest thing to walk in if forced to walk on the cart path.

To the others that have the Stingers are you finding them to be harder but lower profile than your current spike?

I hope so, I am heading to Indy for a wedding and hope to walk Purgatory on Saturday AM. Since I'm playing w. my Father in law and his buddies, I cant guarantee it. I walk about 50% of my rounds, always carrying my Ping bag. I do try to walk along the path (not on it), for the very reason you mentioned. I am interested to see how the Zarmas do on wet steps, bridges, etc as I have seen some slippage when walking on them in the Scorpion Stingers.

I hope so, I am heading to Indy for a wedding and hope to walk Purgatory on Saturday AM. Since I'm playing w. my Father in law and his buddies, I cant guarantee it. I walk about 50% of my rounds, always carrying my Ping bag. I do try to walk along the path (not on it), for the very reason you mentioned. I am interested to see how the Zarmas do on wet steps, bridges, etc as I have seen some slippage when walking on them in the Scorpion Stingers.

I wondered if anyone else with the Stingers had that issue. It sometimes felt like walking on ice in dress shoes. I'll be curious to see if any testers experience that.

Nice pics and video DD!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I wondered if anyone else with the Stingers had that issue. It sometimes felt like walking on ice in dress shoes. I'll be curious to see if any testers experience that.
I will be watching out for this now.

You do gotta be careful with new ones! But on the course, they are great spikes.

OK woke up early today and decided to change my spikes out first thing before i went to the range and short game area to work on some stuff. First off again these spikes look great and as you can see they look really good on my adipures. as for installing after getting my old spikes off which was a semi pain since they had dirt,sand and rocks stuck in them i rinsed them with water and got the ones that were stuck out much easier. installing was a breeze after i cleaned the rest of the mud out of where the spikes would screw in. It took like 2 minutes to throw in all the spikes after the old ones were out. as you can see in the pics my old ones were really beat up. i don't have a fancy ratchet spike remover like Dan i have an old school metal one but installing them was still pretty easy they twist in and snap 3 times and you know they are locked in place. and all of the Cs line up correctly if you start them all in the same spot which i did for looks and so i know they were all in correctly and locked into place. after they were in i went to the range and got my bucket of balls i walk across the parking lot to the range and then make a loop back to my car after going to the short game area to work on things. the first thing i noticed was how much longer the spikes felt. this made me realize a few things almost immediately from walking. A- they def felt like they provided more of a cushion when walking since the long plastic spikes were acting like a spring somewhat and B- these should sink into the ground more when i am walking in the grass. both of these seemed to be correct from me walking around on the range and short game area. I know my old spikes were worn down but these def seemed longer than any spikes that i have ever worn. they almost felt like walking on cleats a little on the pavement at first. As for the cushioning, i felt like these definitely were a well cushioned spike which was something i wasn't necessarily looking for my adipures are already very comfortable but i felt like the spikes added to the comfort when walking. now for my impressions for how they were with grippage when swinging. The range wasn't wet i would say slightly damp we had been getting a lot of rain but it was pretty much dried up but i did not have any slippage issues when hitting a medium bucket today. I really felt like they were getting deeper into the ground than my old spikes even when they were new. which made me think i wonder how clean these spikes are going to stay. they said they stay clean and my shoes are ALWAYS full of grass and they are a pain to clean off. you can see in the pics they stayed almost spotless clean during my session today. which made me really happy to see. also i noticed on the putting green sometimes when i am walking on the green i leave little spike marks especially when wearing my eccos i wasn't leaving any marks at all and i was putting for about 1 1/2 hours today. just another little thing i noticed and thought about and figured id add into my review today. i also hit a few shots with the tees that were given to me my Champ. I think they are very simlar to the Epoch tees that i am currently using. maybe a little more flimsy and bendable than the Epoch but they seem to go into the ground better than the Epoch tees do. i don't spend a lot of time hitting my driver on the range maybe 5-10 balls tops but i also liked what i saw with those and it held up pretty well when i was teeing up my wedge shots to see how they would hold up against that. here are some pics of todays range session and changing the spikes out. i am playing golf on saturday at Deerfield in DE so ill have a much better review on how they perform on the course.

Here is more info on the spikes that i didn't see last night... some info on how the spikes are going to help you out!
IMG_1332.jpg

Pic of my Adipures with my old spikes still in there.
IMG_1329.jpg

Close up of my old spikes and wear on them. this was one of the ones with medium wear.
IMG_1331.jpg

here is a pic of the bottom of the spike and how it fits into the now spikeless shoe... it fits in and you make 3 clicks clockwise to lock the spike into place. was very simple and easy to install these spikes.
IMG_1335.jpg

Pic of the Zarmas installed on my Adipure Zs.... they look really great on these im glad they aren't over the top looking spikes i like to wear these shoes when i go to nicer courses or private courses so i don't look like rickie and upset the older members with over the top outfits.
IMG_1336.jpg

Heres a pic of how "dirty" they were after a range session and after i worked on my short game for about 2 hours i did check them right after my range session to see how they looked and they were almost exactly the same with the amount of mud and grass on them. for some reason these shoes always get full of grass and mud these spikes def seem to release the mud and grass more than my old spikes a few slaps together and they were completely clean. usually im banging them on the ground for 5 minutes and still putting them away dirty. but not today!
IMG_1339.jpg

Great update Buckjob! They look awesome in the Adidas shoes. Nice to know they dont collect a ton of mud and grass as well and it comes out easy.

Buckjob- Those spikes look perfect in those shoes. That is a great combo.

Glad to hear how well you like them!

Nice update and pics Buck, those spikes look great in those shoes.

I will be watching out for this now.

I always thought of it like I was 'skating' across the bridges when they are wet. Just like newbie ice skaters, I hold the wall as I go across.

Nice update Buck - those look really sharp in there. Glad to hear they are releasing the dirt/grass as advertised - always a pain point for me post round it seems when it's wet out.

Good stuff so far guys. Hoping mine get here today.

So i found some old scorpion spikes from last year to compare to the new ones, this is the wear that I saw from using my spikes since january to now. I am hoping these new spikes have better wear and last much longer. As you can see the old spikes wore prematurely since the C didn't turn solid right away, I hope this years model will last and endure in the rough conditions of New Mexico Golf

7163701929_be4daa941a.jpg

7348913428_4444403525.jpg

Right away I noticed that the material of the new one felt much sturdier than I remember the from the old spikes

Champ accidentally sent me the stingers instead of the Zarma but I am happy they sent the stingers cause now I feel like I can compare their wear to the old stingers I've had. I am really thankful to THP and CHAMP for this opportunity!

Out for the day, however I did get a chance to get to my local shop and pick up a spike wrench. I promptly installed my stingers in my shoes in the parking lot, lol.

Before and after:
425750b7-eb14-2ab4.jpg

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Out for the day, however I did get a chance to get to my local shop and pick up a spike wrench. I promptly installed my stingers in my shoes in the parking lot, lol.

Before and after:
425750b7-eb14-2ab4.jpg

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Those look much nicer now haha

Back