CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

Question for those who will being using these in adidas shoes. Any difference between these and the thintech cleats that come stock? I've not read much about them other than the pins system for adidas shoes.

--
Tapatalk2

Mine arrived today too and will have pics coming up. Chaos in the house right now. I also tried to remove the old spikes in my callaway shoes but couldn't get them out. Need to figure that out still.

I couldn't get mine out of my Cally shoes for quite some time. I filled the sink up about 2'' deep with hot water, then set the shoes in there and let them soak. Sometimes the holes in the spikes get so packed full of stuff you can't get the tool to get any purchase.

I couldn't get mine out of my Cally shoes for quite some time. I filled the sink up about 2'' deep with hot water, then set the shoes in there and let them soak. Sometimes the holes in the spikes get so packed full of stuff you can't get the tool to get any purchase.
I've popped them out using a screwdriver in the past.

Great start to the thread folks, I just checked the front porch and mine did not come today, looking forward to giving these a work out.

I've popped them out using a screwdriver in the past.

Doh, why did I not think of that? I bet that required a lot less effort.

Cover your eyes and point the shoe away from you cause they come flinging out! Not the perferred way to doing it but it was my last resort.

I have some Footjoy Dryjoys that came with some Pulsar-like spikes that lasted about 2 years. I replaced them with some Stingers last year and they were great to start with but seemed to wear flat quite quickly and I ended up replacing them a month ago with some Softspike Pulsars. I walk all the time and we have a couple of areas with hard-packed gravel paths and it was those that seemed to wear down the Stingers.

I'll be interested to see if anyone's predominantly a walker and how they find them in a few months time, especially if they're having to walk on hard paths at any point.

Cover your eyes and point the shoe away from you cause they come flinging out! Not the perferred way to doing it but it was my last resort.

I have a tool and it fits in the little holes but the spikes won't budge. They're actually breaking instead of turning. Might just try the screw driver or some pliers.

I have a tool and it fits in the little holes but the spikes won't budge. They're actually breaking instead of turning. Might just try the screw driver or some pliers.
lol dude thats why I havent put mine in yet, doctor said I cant do anything that requires force for a couple weeks and I know it can be a pain getting spikes out. In the past when i have some that wont budge I get some very small needle nose pliers and really push down hard in the holes and that usually does the trick.

Guys why dont we spend less review space discussing the troubles of getting old spikes out and more time about the spikes we are actually reviewing.

I love the scorpion stinger spikes, and the testers will too. I am much more interested in the other offering, I've never seen nor used those before!

Thanks for the initial pics and thoughts, 10 yard!

I love the scorpion stinger spikes, and the testers will too. I am much more interested in the other offering, I've never seen nor used those before!

Thanks for the initial pics and thoughts, 10 yard!

Not a problem Smallville. The Zarma spikes are more for walkers I believe thats why I went with the Stingers.

Not a problem Smallville. The Zarma spikes are more for walkers I believe thats why I went with the Stingers.
Is that so? then I probably wouldn't like them as much. What makes them more for walkers? I figures the stingers would be more durable (longer lasting).

Question for those who will being using these in adidas shoes. Any difference between these and the thintech cleats that come stock? I've not read much about them other than the pins system for adidas shoes.

--
Tapatalk2

SW: when these arrive they will be replacing the stock spikes in a pair of powerband 2.0's and I will try and address this.

Is that so? then I probably wouldn't like them as much. What makes them more for walkers? I figures the stingers would be more durable (longer lasting).

I just got that impression from reading the info about them on their website. This is copied from their website on the Zarma page.
" Lotus Technology uses compression to soften the impact of walking. This reduces spike pressure and creates a more comfortable experience for the golfer."

I just got that impression from reading the info about them on their website. This is copied from their website on the Zarma page.
" Lotus Technology uses compression to soften the impact of walking. This reduces spike pressure and creates a more comfortable experience for the golfer."

Thanks.

I should have known FedEx would arrive late - they always do. Just had the FedEx guy show up a couple mins ago delivering a small package with the Stingers and the Fly Tees. I'm assuming that you need to use a spike wrench to install them, yes?

I should have known FedEx would arrive late - they always do. Just had the FedEx guy show up a couple mins ago delivering a small package with the Stingers and the Fly Tees. I'm assuming that you need to use a spike wrench to install them, yes?
Yes you do JN.

Yes you do need one!

I am hoping I get mine today too, I can't wait to start this testing haha

My initial in-hand impressions of the Scorpion Stingers: These feel a bit more plastic-ey than the standard spikes on my GreenJoys. My shoes have desperately needed a spike change, and I'm thinking that the solidity of these spikes (at least how the feel in my hands) will help them dig into the sandy and soft turf that I encounter often in courses around my area. I really like the feature of the "C" logo telling you when you need to replace your spikes. I'm going to be getting a spike wrench tomorrow and attempting to install these before my evening 9 hole league.

My initial in-hand impressions of the Scorpion Stingers: These feel a bit more plastic-ey than the standard spikes on my GreenJoys. My shoes have desperately needed a spike change, and I'm thinking that the solidity of these spikes (at least how the feel in my hands) will help them dig into the sandy and soft turf that I encounter often in courses around my area. I really like the feature of the "C" logo telling you when you need to replace your spikes. I'm going to be getting a spike wrench tomorrow and attempting to install these before my evening 9 hole league.

Thats a great way to explain it JN, they just feel very solid in hand. The "C" logo feature is very cool indeed, im surprised more companies dont have a indicator like this, maybe some do and I just dont know about it.

SW: when these arrive they will be replacing the stock spikes in a pair of powerband 2.0's and I will try and address this.

Gracias, my adipures need some new spikes soon.

--
Tapatalk2

Great stuff so far guys! That is quite the sweet package. I am really excited for my Zarmas. I love to walk and am seriously excited to see how these compare to my current spikes (which are pretty dead at this point).

Glad to hear these are coming in and we are getting this kicked off!
I am in rural Colorado so I am hoping for mine to get here tomorrow but you never know.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back