CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

Great stuff so far guys! That is quite the sweet package. I am really excited for my Zarmas. I love to walk and am seriously excited to see how these compare to my current spikes (which are pretty dead at this point).

I'm excited for the Zarmas too, I wonder if champ just sent out the stingers first lol

I've already got my little station ready to change my spikes and to film and all haha

just got home after a LONG day at work and i found my package from CHAMP sitting on the couch. i was impressed with the package it came in i also got a zippered bag and some Champ tees which i also got a chance to use on DEMO day and liked. i took some initial pics and wanted to throw them up here quick before bed. i got the Zarma spikes and ill be putting them in my adidas adipure zs which are in need of new spikes badly. I really am looking forward to reviewing these and giving you some feedback. first impressions they look like a nice spike. i like that the package says that they will stay clean. my current spikes in my adidas always get full of grass and i lost traction due to them being full of wet grass usually. its also really annoying trying to clean them out and they are similar looking to the zarmas so it will be interesting to see how they hold up in that aspect. anyway here are some pics i took i should have a chance to get to the range tomorrow and get these on my shoes ill post some more pics tomorrow and write up my thoughts afterwards... thanks again to CHAMP for this testing opportunity.

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

Nice pic's Buck, can't wait to hear more. I didn't know about the "Stay Clean", that's a nice option.

Wow those look really nice in white and black! I like the way that looks much better than the yellow blue haha

I like that bag Buck. Can't wait to her how they work out. And stay clean.

Buck those zarmas in blk/white look great...can't wait to get mine!

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

yeah im really looking forward to this. they do look really sharp in person

Looking forward to your Zarmas review, Buck!

Wow those look really nice in white and black! I like the way that looks much better than the yellow blue haha

White/Black or Yellow/Blue does it look different from your viewpoint..lol. Have to agree with ya, those look nice and still wondering what the que is to replace them that was mentioned earlier. Does the logo rub off and then it's time to replace or how does that work? Want clean spikes, and now have the accessory to help me out with the clikgear with what I use now. Looking forward to future posts.

White/Black or Yellow/Blue does it look different from your viewpoint..lol. Have to agree with ya, those look nice and still wondering what the que is to replace them that was mentioned earlier. Does the logo rub off and then it's time to replace or how does that work? Want clean spikes, and now have the accessory to help me out with the clikgear with what I use now. Looking forward to future posts.

When it is time for spike replacement the C turns solid as shown below. Champ calls it a wear indicator I think that's really great.

CHAMP-ScorpionSTINGER1-300x300.jpg

7347519722_1a215fb426_m.jpg

I haven't received my spikes yet, but expect them to be here today. Looking fwd to putting them through the paces. They will be going into the Nike Lunar Controls.

I was hoping to get mine yesterday, I'm playing this afternoon in what could be soggy conditions. I'm looking forward to get started on the testing of these.

Good stuff from Buck Job and 10 yard thus far. Loved seeing the comparison pictures and early thoughts. Thank you.

Some great first impressions and pics guys....Buck I really like the looks of those Zarmas in the Black and white! Hope mine come in today!

As far as getting old spikes out...my wrench has an attachment that fits between the spikes themselves and makes them easier to get out....looks like this...........Notice the 2 "star looking attachments"

max-pro-wrench.jpg

Champs Stinger Spikes

Champs Stinger Spikes

My package arrived yesterday along with all of Tracy's family, Im not sure how that was part of the deal here but apparently it was, so I feel lucky I was even able to find the package when I got home from work. I did and like you have already seen it wasnt just a few spikes thrown in a box. What came was a very nice zipper pouch that also included the Champ Fly Tee. Very cool gesture by Champ.

The goods:
IMG_0722.jpg

I wont lie I had a lot of trouble getting the old spikes out of my Callaway shoes, my hands are killing so much now that I think I need one of those Hanks BioFreeze things. Probably has more to do with the cheap tool I used but after wrenching on the spikes with a screw driver I did finally get them all changed out. My first impression is the Stingers are much more substantial looking then the ones that came in the shoes. They just look like they offer a lot more traction and I should find out later today. Here are a few comparison pics for now.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

The next couple are of the shoes after replacing the old spikes with the Stingers and a side by side of the two shoes with old and new.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

I'll either be forced to take Tracy's Dad golfing or I'll be hitting the range this morning. One or the other I'll be getting the upgraded Callaway golf shoes out very soon.

Good pictures KMac. They look pretty good in the Callaway shoes too.

Nice pics, Kmac. I hope to have these installed today after I go out and get a spike wrench. They look so good on your shoes, dude.

Nice Pics KMAC....I hope mine dont come with in-laws :shock:

Thanks guys, they actually do look pretty good in the Callaway shoes. I was a little surprised by that myself. Tim, I sure hope not too my friend, Id wish was was here last night on no one, not even a Canadian.

Nice early reviews and thoughts by everyone. Kmac: you are stealing some of my photo ideas but now it will *look* like I am actually stealing your ideas!

Seriously though, nice photos with the before/after. Honestly, I thought the Callaway spike once removed would look significantly shorter than the CHAMP spike. Very interesting that the CHAMP actually appears the same, if not a tad bit shorter. Do the "screw" portions of each spike appear to be about the same length?

I got home to a FedEx missed package note on my door, I will pick them up when I get home from work tonight at my apartment office.

Someone mentioned how the Champ Stingers perform in Adidas shoes, I will be addressing that as well.

When it is time for spike replacement the C turns solid as shown below. Champ calls it a wear indicator I think that's really great.

CHAMP-ScorpionSTINGER1-300x300.jpg

7347519722_1a215fb426_m.jpg

I never realized this! I have a pair in the shoes I wore the other night. I'll have to check that.
I'm thinking of adding some Zarma's to another pair of shoes that I have.

Nice early reviews and thoughts by everyone. Kmac: you are stealing some of my photo ideas but now it will *look* like I am actually stealing your ideas!

Seriously though, nice photos with the before/after. Honestly, I thought the Callaway spike once removed would look significantly shorter than the CHAMP spike. Very interesting that the CHAMP actually appears the same, if not a tad bit shorter. Do the "screw" portions of each spike appear to be about the same length?

lol that's how I roll cookie. But the bottom screw part does appear to the same on both of them. I think they are the same size when it comes to the spikes side though.

Nice job Kmac, it's looking to me like the Stingers are a bit sharper than the Zarma's for digging into the ground. I should be able to compare better when my Zarma arrive.

We had those attachments set in a couple of drills at the shop to make changing out spikes a breeze. Just slap one in any drill, it works great.

Some great first impressions and pics guys....Buck I really like the looks of those Zarmas in the Black and white! Hope mine come in today!

As far as getting old spikes out...my wrench has an attachment that fits between the spikes themselves and makes them easier to get out....looks like this...........Notice the 2 "star looking attachments"

max-pro-wrench.jpg

Great photo's Kmac. Time to sneak out and take em for a walk around the course.

Back