I had a chutt yesterday where I really thought I was going to lose some club speed in the rough, especially using a blade, but I made great contact and ended up blowing the ball way past the hole. Still got a two-putt for bogey. There's worse things.

Takes a little practice...hang in there

Takes a little practice...hang in there

It's like I chutted too well! Big change from chutting with a barge-like Odyssey #7 to a scalpel like my Rife Trinidad, that's for sure. In the future I think I can generate a little more of a back-spinning chutt from that sort of a position if I hit down on it more.

For my 40,000th post I have to bump this epic thread. Team chutt has grown exponentially over the last few years and with a new golf season around the corner I expect even more success stories.

For my 40,000th post I have to bump this epic thread. Team chutt has grown exponentially over the last few years and with a new golf season around the corner I expect even more success stories.

Oh please, Dear Lord, not this thread! :)

but happy 40,000

Had to man...2 years of glory

Had to man...2 years of glory

Only fitting that its in here Deano, Congrats on 40K!

Maybe one day you'll learn how to use a wedge! :D

Tried to explain this to a buddy on the course a week ago. Words did not due. Had to show him Deano! He bought me a beer for showing him.....Congrats on 40k

mikedean, first, congrats on 40,000 posts in less than 3 years, how did you manage to do that!?

I watched the video on page #1, read a few other pages but no way I can honestly read them all. If that works for you then I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I have never done that, I usually blade a wedge for those type of shots which works for me. I have seen some people use a hybrid or fairway wood for similar shots, I haven't tried that myself.

Congrats dude!

I love that video, especially Dan's commentary, "this is shameful" that cracks me up every time I watch it.

I can't wait for the golf season to start. I need to get my chutt on!!!

Haha the chutt lives on

I was going through my golf bag and came across the #TeamChutt ball markers that RedLyneTheory made a while back. Haha

Haha, chutting was undoubtedly a clever definition. I can honestly say I am not the chutting type, though I do know quite a few guys that enjoy chutting to the fullest.

Haha, chutting was undoubtedly a clever definition. I can honestly say I am not the chutting type, though I do know quite a few guys that enjoy chutting to the fullest.
Holy thread bump batman!!! I can remember the first time I tried to chutt, it ended badly!

Holy thread bump batman!!! I can remember the first time I tried to chutt, it ended badly!

My son on the other hand got the hang of it this weekend, he had one he did 3 times in a row from about 10 feet off the green and ended up on the green and about 20 feet from the hole on each one, I told my wife to video it, but we didn't get it in time, so we set him up again to attempt, he's got a future as a chutter!

Chutting is very much alive and had been utilized by many a thper in events this year

Chutting is very much alive and had been utilized by many a thper in events this year
I proudly dropped a good chutt on Rhi in our match this weekend. She didn't seem too pleased.

Why chutt when you can chupp? I have been doing that lately and have had great success including my first ever birdie. Instead of chipping with the putter, I would putt with my 56*. Ball is set up at the tip of the back foot, open stance, legs spread halfway between a chip and pitch, 60/40 weight on the lead foot, deloft the crap out of the wedge, and push the ball. Useful for green-side rough and balls way back in the fringe.

Mike Dean has finally been validated

Back