Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

JF

Reaction score
That's insane! Now go buy some AMP irons!

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks bro. Yeah I really like the checkered skin just a little thing to add a little something and not be to over the top for my taste. Now to see how it performs and if I'll be pondering a 3rd 588 or not........

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Buck that is one absolutely awesome looking wedge. You'll be blowing up oranges with that soon, bro!

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Buckjob thats a badarse looking wedge, reallly nice I love that skin.

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nice wedge Buck, very nice

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Buck, I'm glad you got that skin so we could get a better look at it. It looks better in your picture than I thought it would from seeing it on the site.

tyno

B golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
i pondered that skin for a little bit as well...it does look better in the pic than it does on the web.
nice looking wedge Buck.

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Had another great range session with the 588's. These bad boys are nice!

bahester

Follow me: @bahester
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.6
Wow just saw Buck's wedge. That thing is sick.

InHartWeTrust

Ball Go Far.
Reaction score
Handicap
4-5ish
Love the skin, Buck. Great looking wedge. Looking to replace my old Cleveland 54* this spring, def going to have to give this one a solid look.

588 is a classic, great wedge...many memories with the one I started out with back when I was 13-14 years old.

StorminB

Reaction score
Handicap
Like the idea of the customisation! Excellent concept!

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
I took the 588's to the football field for an hour before my lesson tonight. Actually, I just took one - the 49. I felt a little bad afterwards b/c I scalped a few spots, but it'll grow back. I do like the height I'm seeing on the full shots. It will be nice to finally see my carry distance when the whether warms a bit.

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
The skins actually look sick in real photos. Great pick up Buck.

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
thanks guys yeah it looks great in person i like how the skin isn't the same checkered pattern its mixed up some lines have like 2 thick lines or 3 little lines or 1 line just something to add a little flare and not going over the top. if i get another id consider getting another skin for sure.

Danilo

Master Blaster!!
Reaction score
Handicap
17.xx
I took the 588's to the football field for an hour before my lesson tonight. Actually, I just took one - the 49. I felt a little bad afterwards b/c I scalped a few spots, but it'll grow back. I do like the height I'm seeing on the full shots. It will be nice to finally see my carry distance when the whether warms a bit.
What kind of distance are you seeing (what distance would you use them on would be a better question) on full shots with that 49? are you also getting a lot of spin to go along with a high flight? soft landings that stick or are you having bounce/run?

motoo344

Bearded Bandit
Reaction score
Handicap
Here's my 56* bent 1* strong with lamkin rel 3gen grip in orange. Black Pearl with checkered skin. Figured I'd get some orange since TC won't be gaming any of the Amp Line this season.

Mine are similar. I bought a 52 and 60 to replace the 53, 56 and 60 588 that my dad gave me years ago. I will post a picture but I went with black, orange and white color scheme but no logo in the middle, instead I have the stamp and a white grip.

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
Mine are similar. I bought a 52 and 60 to replace the 53, 56 and 60 588 that my dad gave me years ago. I will post a picture but I went with black, orange and white color scheme but no logo in the middle, instead I have the stamp and a white grip.
i love the black pearl finish it looks so good... If i get a 50* ill prob do the same as you and get a stamp and no logo in the middle.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
What kind of distance are you seeing (what distance would you use them on would be a better question) on full shots with that 49? are you also getting a lot of spin to go along with a high flight? soft landings that stick or are you having bounce/run?
49 should be a 115 yard give or take club. I'm not getting that number outside yet, but I'm playing in 40° weather too. Spin numbers looked good on the monitor from my recollection, but I didn't save them. I did hit into a green and it basically just stopped dead, but it's so wet/mucky here that it's tough to really gauge. My guess is that I'll see hop and stop performance, which is what I usually see on full wedge shots.

ddxu

Reaction score
Handicap
Here's my 56* bent 1* strong with lamkin rel 3gen grip in orange. Black Pearl with checkered skin. Figured I'd get some orange since TC won't be gaming any of the Amp Line this season.
Great looking stick Buck, thanks for sharing.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Little background posted about the Tour Concept shaft posted on the Cleveland Tour Blog here: http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1765

Smalls if you can, add the text into this post please? Tapatalk isn't pasting correctly since the update.

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Had a great day with the 588's yesterday, Missed a chip in by half a ball. I find them to be a bit of a digger but that can also be due to the soft fairways at my club. Either way I really like the way they are perfoming for me. One standout for me I was 87 yards to the pin with a slight downhill lie, I pulled the 58* and stuck it to 6 feet. Very good action with them, bunker spin is amazing, chips is usually one bounce and stop and full shots are sweet.

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
Got to hit the 55* today at GolfTec but it felt so good on full shots and I can't wait to get it out to the range. Boy does this wedge look good. I love the black pearl. If the distance fits well in my bag for full shots I may ponder a 50*.

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in