Confession - Dirty Clubs

One of my absolute favorite sets Duey. Loved them to death.

Finally gave them away to a buddy who was playing 70's Wilsons, now HE loves them. So damn good looking.

I gave my 4DX CB's to my best friend for his birthday, to help him get back in the game. He hadn't played for 10 years and had a set of Browning 440's!

One of my absolute favorite sets Duey. Loved them to death.

Finally gave them away to a buddy who was playing 70's Wilsons, now HE loves them. So damn good looking.

Good to hear they found a nice home, well done buddy, bet his game show's it too!

I gave my 4DX CB's to my best friend for his birthday, to help him get back in the game. He hadn't played for 10 years and had a set of Browning 440's!

I miss old, REAL, Nickent. A lot. Hoefy was making some TREMENDOUS clubs.

I always clean the grooves & towel the face after each shot. during the spring/summer I usually wash them after 3-5 rounds & in the fall/winter after every round. I'm borderline OCD & when my clubs are filthy it drives me bonkers

Looking good Duey!! Now your getting your money's worth out of that hotel.

Looking good Duey!! Now your getting your money's worth out of that hotel.

Haha, rub a dub dub 7 irons in the tub!

Clean mine each round. Grips like many not enough. Thought of going white grips to force myself to clean them

I clean mine alot. Even clean and wax the shaft's. also wax driver & fw heads. that's not anal retentive personality,is it?
I heard you would get 1 to 2 mph increase in swingspeed on your driver, waxing the shaft:act-up:

I clean mine alot. Even clean and wax the shaft's. also wax driver & fw heads. that's not anal retentive personality,is it?
I heard you would get 1 to 2 mph increase in swingspeed on your driver, waxing the shaft:act-up:

I don't know about wax, but chapstick is supposed to do the same, haha.

Remember to wax evenly so that the swing weight don't change :call-me:

Most of this year I would clean them either right after my round or at least before my next round. As the year went on, it wasnt quite as frequently, but Im definitely not a dirty club kinda guy

I made a thread about cleaning and what to use. However, the set that I am playing with has neven been cleaned.

Keep a wet towel with me at all times and wipe the club after I use it. Keeps them looking fresh, ready to go, and no need for a cleaning party once I get home.

I'm not a clean and WAX person. But, I definitely clean my clubs a lot. I clean them usually the night before I'm going to play.

Spit on iron faces and wipe with dry towel after each shot. Will clean out grooves with tee walking between shots if needed. As far as a full club cleaning, about every other month.

Mine are pretty much cleaned once a week. I just don't like dirty clubs... Do I clean them - most of the time no - that's what I have kids for haha! I'll give them a few bucks and they do a good job on them! Getting to be a harder sell though now that they are getting older...

I wash my clubs all the time, but it is funny to see so many people who just leave them dirty.

I clean my clubs after every shot. I also do the Magic Eraser clean about every other week.

yikes didn't realize I was so OCD about this! I brush and wipe down my clubs after each shot, and in the warmer months (i.e. when my towel won't freeze) I carry a 1/2 wet 1/2 dry towel to thoroughly clean them after every shot. The also get washed every few weeks in the winter and just about every other week in the summer with some warm water, mild dish soap and a toothbrush to get in all the crevices. I have never washed the grips though (outside of an occasional wipe down on the course), I'm going to look into the gripes this season for sure!

i briefly wipe my irons down after every shot, but not too intense there.

i may actually "clean" my clubs, twice or 3 times a year, depending. shine them up before a tourney or two, and then give them one last clean before i pack them away for the winter months.
other than that though, i'm not really that worried about it and i believe some people take it a little too far.....

I usually give my clubs a good cleaning a couple times a year but I always have a wet towel with me to wipe them down after each shot. so they never really get that dirty.

I have to say I maybe wash my clubs well twice a year. Other than that I wash them as I play. I will usually make sure it is clean before I hit a shot and wipe it down after I hit one but I don't sit down and clean them regularly

I am horrible at cleaning my clubs. I clean them before I go on an outing. thats about it. I just think cleaning it takes time and I dont take my time.

Back