Confession - Dirty Clubs

JB, my clubs are the same way. I never clean them. #SorryNotSorry

I dont clean my clubs. I will wipe them down after a messy shot, or something like that, but never sit down and clean them. The most they get cleaned is if the course I am playing at has a guy with a towel that does it for me after a round.

Like Jman said, my irons are tools that I work with. They are meant to get dinged, bruised and scarred. I love the look of a worn club. I love rust on my wedges, as well.

I clean mine thoroughly once a year but quickly clean/brush groves before a round and before a shot if needed. I use to have iron covers too but lost them one at a time through the years.

I always clean out my grooves but never really mess with the rest. When its sloppy out I will towel them off. I also have never cleaned any of my grips, which I know is weird.

I haven't been as diligent about it as I should have been, but I'm getting better.

I suspect my MC set will show plenty signs of wear by the time the Morgan Cup rolls around, but I can assure you, it will solely be wear from practice, not from neglect. Those suckers are going to be kept spotless!

I clean the grooves after a shot with a frogger brush. And I totally clean them about twice a month. During golf season I play/practice a lot. So. They get quite dirty.

I clean the grooves after a shot. And I totally clean them about twice a month. During golf season I play/practice a lot. So. They get quite dirty.
...and you use headcovers.

I used to clean them every week but i ended up playing so much last year that it just became very time consuming. Now i just wipe them with a towel after each shot and give the grooves a quick rub of a 3in1 tool

I have just finished cleaning my clubs, figure I pay enough for them might as well look after them they get cleaned every round.

I recently got rid of the iron covers. I decided to show my j40's off. Im gonna get a cart bag that holds the clubs from shaking and rattling. ogio or something. I guess I will always use the wood/hybrid covers tho.

JB, I'm really surprised, that is some funky build up you got there.

I thought I was pretty relaxed but I definitely spit/towel my irons before every shot. I usually clean em up in the nasty range bucket with a soft brush after a practice session.

You OCD people need to join a country club where the attendants clean everything up after each round. That is livin!

Here is the 7 and 8 iron. You will see the bottom half of the face cleaner than the top. This is normally because of wet grass kind of moving the dirt from bottom up to about half way.

Now keep in mind I do still clean the grooves before each shot normally and this is after two rounds this weekend with thpers. But they have not been actually cleaned in close to a year.

je3ybe3y.jpg

eqepe4es.jpg

That's a lovely site. VRS Forged Dirt #iwantthat

I'm with you, JB. I clean the grooves and that is it. The only time they get cleaned is when I play at my friend's private club. It drives him nuts when they are dirty so he always has the guys in the clubhouse clean them before and after...if it wasn't for that I doubt they would ever get cleaned....

Clean mine every 2 weeks

We see so many threads and posts on cleaning clubs and irons looking perfect, I wanted to find out if anybody else is like me. I never clean my clubs. I clean the grooves out with a THP Epoch Tee before shots, and I do use the Lamkin Gripes on the grips after each round, but the club heads really never get cleaned.

People see them and kind of laugh with how dirty they are, but I guess I always liked the look of the "worn" clubs and never really go that extra step. Anybody else like me?

I hardly ever clean my clubs... Like you JB, I just clean my grooves before every shot with a tee.

I wash my clubs after every round, use iron cover as well as putter and wood covers, rub down any moisture and clean off with the plastic brush side not the wire side in the grooves before and after every shot. My irons look new off the rack ad does every other club after every round! I like my stuff to loook that way and hold some value and I am a tad ocd with certain things and that being one of them. I also clean my grips when needed as I see fit!

I usually clean my clubs after every two or three rounds, and now that i finally have a club brush i'll be able to clean the grooves better

I figured you were a clean club guy. Pretty surprised JB is not!
Its sp easy to keep clubs clean.

Here is the 7 and 8 iron. You will see the bottom half of the face cleaner than the top. This is normally because of wet grass kind of moving the dirt from bottom up to about half way.

Now keep in mind I do still clean the grooves before each shot normally and this is after two rounds this weekend with thpers. But they have not been actually cleaned in close to a year.

je3ybe3y.jpg

eqepe4es.jpg
Those grooves are so inconsistently clean. I'd love to see if it makes a difference if you hit a ball with those dirty diggers and then hit a shot with them clean.

I clean my grips every two weeks or so, grooves before pretty much every shot...I don't care much for how the rest of the club looks.

What Pete said, same here, but I do wipe the major mud off to keep it from getting in the bag or something, hey it's not a beauty contest.

I recently got rid of the iron covers. I decided to show my j40's off. Im gonna get a cart bag that holds the clubs from shaking and rattling. ogio or something. I guess I will always use the wood/hybrid covers tho.

You could have a look at Bennington Quiet Organizer bags too. The only drawback is how tall the bag is.

I clean my clubs when they look really dirty. (Not long for white R11's) A bowl of hot water and dish soap, a brush and a towel and about 20 min and they are clean.

I work for a printing company and from taking care of printing rollers I know the best way to clean rubber and synthetics is soap and water when you can. Its breaks down the oils and the rubber more slowly than other cleaning methods. The absolute worst thing to use is isopropyl alcohol. It will make your grips hard and dry faster than anything else you can do because it breaks down and removes the natural oils from the rubber and synthetics.

I work for a printing company and from taking care of printing rollers I know the best way to clean rubber and synthetics is soap and water when you can. Its breaks down the oils and the rubber more slowly than other cleaning methods. The absolute worst thing to use is isopropyl alcohol. It will make your grips hard and dry faster than anything else you can do because it breaks down and removes the natural oils from the rubber and synthetics.

True, I've never used anything but water (sometimes with soap) and a brush. No need for chemicals.

It's amazing how new and grippy your grips get after a good rinse.

I keep mine pretty clean unless I've played a few rounds on consecutive days.

Back