Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Frank. You're all high on pondering right now.

I love a good ponder. Whenever I ponder I hit my clubs better. I should post.in here everyday.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Got a new Vokey wedge in the oil can finish.....whats the rust factor on that finish? Rust easily or not?

I bought my entire set of Vokeys in the oil can and after my first round I decided to use some Barkeepers Friend and fine steel wool to completely get rid of the oil can and go raw on them.
After that I took them for a round at Turtle Bay resort right next to the ocean and by the end of the first nine they started getting an orange tint all over them. It looks great if your into that sort of thing. I am.

Driver, I cant hit shizz! Also why can I not find the Cleveland Black in a 9* stiff. I swear these are meant for old timers like OG.

I'm pondering a new replacement for my 3 hybrid for the upcoming season. I can't decide between a 3 iron, 3 hybrid, and 7 wood. My list in terms of preferance goes as such: 3 iron, 7 wood, then 3 hybrid. 7 woods aren't terribly plentiful for lefties (RBZ has them, so that's a ponder). I'm really leaning towards 3i because it would be cheapest (would buy used). I'm just not a fan of any hybrid I've hit to date, but they aren't terrible. I would just prefer a 3 iron or 7 wood.

Driver, I cant hit shizz! Also why can I not find the Cleveland Black in a 9* stiff. I swear these are meant for old timers like OG.

I still haven't seen one in stiff in a store yet either. Tons of senior flex to be had though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I still haven't seen one in stiff in a store yet either. Tons of senior flex to be had though.

Same here. The stock actually is slowly dwindling here. And they aren't putting new ones out.

Same here. The stock actually is slowly dwindling here. And they aren't putting new ones out.
I haven't even seen one yet in a store. I don't think they are going to make it to Canada.

1 golf galaxy didn't get any, 1 got regular flex only. Golfsmith had quite a few, not a single stiff flex.

There is a course near me that got some driver and fw demo's in. They had a 10.5 in stiff, but I didn't have time to hit it Friday. I believe they also had one for sale with a stiff shaft.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

1 golf galaxy didn't get any, 1 got regular flex only. Golfsmith had quite a few, not a single stiff flex.

The golf galaxy in Delaware has a couple but nothing in stiff. Then I was in new jersey and a golf galaxy there had none at all. And the Delaware one only has 3 of them left now.

I swung the regular and thought it was nice. I'm still in love with the G20 right now. No driver ponders. No wedge ponders currently either. I could go a little more forgiving/longer in the irons as well as the hybrids.

The golf galaxy in Delaware has a couple but nothing in stiff. Then I was in new jersey and a golf galaxy there had none at all. And the Delaware one only has 3 of them left now.

Did you order that or do they know just to send you one?

Just ran down to the PO box (yes at 1AM) and found a USPS slip in there, there is a Lajosi Box waiting for me in the morning.

I know its a handmade, but beyond that Kari would reveal NOTHING. Needless to say my hamster is going overtime in his squeaky wheel in my noggin!

I bought my entire set of Vokeys in the oil can and after my first round I decided to use some Barkeepers Friend and fine steel wool to completely get rid of the oil can and go raw on them.
After that I took them for a round at Turtle Bay resort right next to the ocean and by the end of the first nine they started getting an orange tint all over them. It looks great if your into that sort of thing. I am.

That's not a bad idea at all. I didn't really want the oil can finish, but gppgolf.com did not have the 50* in tour chrome when they were running their sale, so I bought 3 in the oil can. It's not a very durable finish, that's for sure. A little bunker practice and some range work, and the sole of my clubs is already pretty buffed. Don't know how long the faces will hold up, but I've decided I might enjoy watching their appearance change over time.

I'm going to order a 46* also, to replace my PW, but I need to special order it to get the shaft length I want.

That's not a bad idea at all. I didn't really want the oil can finish, but gppgolf.com did not have the 50* in tour chrome when they were running their sale, so I bought 3 in the oil can. It's not a very durable finish, that's for sure. A little bunker practice and some range work, and the sole of my clubs is already pretty buffed. Don't know how long the faces will hold up, but I've decided I might enjoy watching their appearance change over time.

I'm going to order a 46* also, to replace my PW, but I need to special order it to get the shaft length I want.

Yeah. I was gonna let them naturally wear over time but after one round the finish was gone off the sole of my 60 and there were several spots on each wedge that was rubbed. They just looked awkward to me.

To get rid of any type of finish like that easier would be just leave the wedge in some diet coke over night. Using steel wool can add scratches to the surface.

I haven't even seen one yet in a store. I don't think they are going to make it to Canada.

Seriously. I've been wanting to see one of these in hand since the preview. I am no longer interested in them from a purchase standpoint but I do want to see them. Not even the nearest GG carries them...yet.

Alex

I have my eye on a new golf bag for 2012. I play a ton of golf and my golf bag now is not looking up to snuff :D

I have my eye on a new golf bag for 2012. I play a ton of golf and my golf bag now is not looking up to snuff :D

You thinking about a staff bag?

Sent from my forged iPad

OG, I thought you had that C 130 bag?

Sent from my forged iPad

You thinking about a staff bag?

Sent from my forged iPad

Nope as I have to lift it out of my tool box behind the truck and it is pain to snag the bigger bags out. Just a good cart bag will do for me. I have one bookmarked to pull the trigger on.

A beautiful new Cobra AMP staff bag.

haha he would love that huh :D

OG, I thought you had that C 130 bag?

Sent from my forged iPad

Yep I got the C130 but it has a hole rubbed in the side where the cart strap connector has rubbed through on the left side. I love the pockets etc. on the C130 but the material was a bit weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back