tgtt

Reaction score
Handicap
I ran a search and didn't find anything so I thought I'd bring it up. If it needs to be in another section please move it or if it is a bad idea just delete or lock.

I'm stealing this from what we used to do on my poker forum and we had some fun with it.

We came up with a nifty name for the award, some different categories, and listed the nominees in a thread and left it open for a week or two and then tallied the votes. Obviously the most votes won the award. The award was nothing more than a little forum notoriety.

Obviously a totally different environment on this forum but I think it'd still be fun.

A couple examples (IMO):

Best thread - Hole of the Day: Video Edition
Best New Member - Damaikis
Funniest Poster - JB (One-T is the funniest in videos!)

And the biggest awards for this forum should be (again, IMO):

Best Review Thread
Best Reviewer

Just examples and they can be eliminated or, hopefully, added to.

Thoughts?

I like it!

I would have said great idea but I see I didn't win any awards in your post

I should win them all. FIGJAM FTW.

I would have said great idea but I see I didn't win any awards in your post

That's quite funny! Maybe you should bump JB before he sees this thread?

This could be good, would be fun to come up with some random awards.

Lurker of the Year
Best Skimmer
The list could go on...

Angriest Troll
Shortest Membership

Great idea.

TapAhoy!

I ran a search and didn't find anything so I thought I'd bring it up. If it needs to be in another section please move it or if it is a bad idea just delete or lock.

I'm stealing this from what we used to do on my poker forum and we had some fun with it.

We came up with a nifty name for the award, some different categories, and listed the nominees in a thread and left it open for a week or two and then tallied the votes. Obviously the most votes won the award. The award was nothing more than a little forum notoriety.

Obviously a totally different environment on this forum but I think it'd still be fun.

A couple examples (IMO):

Best thread - Hole of the Day: Video Edition
Best New Member - Damaikis
Funniest Poster - JB (One-T is the funniest in videos!)

And the biggest awards for this forum should be (again, IMO):

Best Review Thread
Best Reviewer

Just examples and they can be eliminated or, hopefully, added to.

Thoughts?

Me likey. :D Though you can't forget that Cookie and W.E. are both new this year (I think I'm remembering correctly). I'm sure there are many others as well!

Fatest to let posts get under skin :)

tapatalk addict....

Great idea, I like.

This idea seems to be garnering a bunch of good early feedback. Now how do we choose what awards there will be and who will be the nominees? :D

That's a toss up between you and "I shake with anger" Jake.

--
tapatalk

I learned my lesson though lol

tapatalk addict....

I like this idea.

Whether this is a good idea or not, I think this should have been brought up with the site owners before a thread was made on it. And it's only October.

I'm not sure about this. I think everyone here is a winner. Like in Soccer.

Kevin

Or pee-wee football.

I would like to also throw my name into the hat for Most Humble, for obvious reasons.
I'm not sure about this. I think everyone here is a winner. Like in Soccer.

Kevin

Whether this is a good idea or not, I think this should have been brought up with the site owners before a thread was made on it. And it's only October.

New category...

Biggest stick-in-the-mud.

That's fine. It's basically November and I brought it up early enough to get things straight.

Now we wait and see what happens.

Back