Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some research on these clubs found this...

I'm wondering what is the "CI/Ci" club? I've never seen that advertised or seen it at all of course it could be a prototype I was wondering if it was somehow related to these irons.

Get that garbage picture off of THP.

It's a Ci9. It is a more forgiving cavity iron. A lot of pros but a more forgiving club in the bag as a 3 iron.

Get that garbage picture off of THP.

It's a Ci9. It is a more forgiving cavity iron. A lot of pros but a more forgiving club in the bag as a 3 iron.

Relax. It's just information. I'll edit it out now that I have my answer.

Holy good god. My mother lode has landed. I know I won't get it but I sign up to support THP & my beloved Wilson/Staff

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Pro Combos
2. What is your handicap index? 10.7
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X graphite 5.0 flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan is to hit about 50,000 balls and write novellas about these beauties.

Hardy congrats to whomever gets these. Been lusting after them for a while now and I can't wait to read the reviews. Thank you so much to THP & Wilson Staff.

Don't look at it like the cup's half empty, CL.

WOW.. great opportunity. Thznks :wilson: and :thp:

1. What irons do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star
2. What is your handicap index? 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Nippon 1050gh Steel Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? RH
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 18 holes 1-2x/week, ~50 weeks/year. I also go to a 40 acre practice facility 1-3x/week ~ 45weeks/year. These irons would be in the bag 100% of the time and I would post after each round and/or practice session with them. I would also check in on the review thread several times per day and answer any and all questions and provide other misc feedback.

Don't look at it like the cup's half empty, CL.

Not at all Smalls. I am very excited to read the reviews. I am already testing which is why I know I won't be picked. I sign up for everything though so that the sponsors know they have everyones support. I really want a certain someone here to get his mitts on them as he has been ogling them as much as I have.

Not at all Smalls. I am very excited to read the reviews. I am already testing which is why I know I won't be picked. I sign up for everything though so that the sponsors know they have everyones support.

Well said CL. You are a fantastoc embassador of THP.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Not at all Smalls. I am very excited to read the reviews. I am already testing which is why I know I won't be picked. I sign up for everything though so that the sponsors know they have everyones support. I really want a certain someone here to get his mitts on them as he has been ogling them as much as I have.

Ahh, I see, you are already testing irons. Missed that, sorry.

These beautiful irons are way out of my league but I must say those Wilson Staff commercials with Harrington and Rickey Barnes are pretty clever!! Thanks Wilson Staff and THP!!

Classy response as always Cl. Thanks for everything you do

Awesome opportunity, thanks to THP and Wilson!

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 2.0 4-PW
2. What is your handicap index? ~20 (not official)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Taylormade Burner 2.0 Superfast 85 steel stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Left handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will test these at the range 3-5 times per week and I will try to play a round at least once a week. I'll be able to get someone to film me as well as providing pictures and text comments throughout the process if chosen. I'll be able to update on twitter through the process as well.

I'm hoping to become more a part of this great community, get to know more folks on here and stay a part of the site for a LONG time. I try to post daily, and I am on the site pretty near constantly between my phone at work and computer at home.

1. What irons do you currently play? MacGregor MT Mid, 4-PW

2. What is your handicap index? OOB index of 21

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel shafts w/ Stiff Flex. I am unable to identify the brand of the shaft.

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? From a testing perspective, I go to the range twice a week to work on what ails me. I play 9 holes on a Wed night weekly league and usually go out on weekends to 18.

As far as my activity level on THP, I read a ton of the articles on THP to stay current w/ the latest golf trends. I am an fairly active member of the forum. If selected to test, I would diligently put the clubs through the paces and post my honest assessment of clubs on THP, Facebook, and Twitter. I would also write a final review of the irons at the end of the testing period.

BTW I think the clubs are above my playing level but would be interested in seeing if this makes me a better ball striker.

Thanks THP and Wilson Staff for the opportunity!

Hey all. Thanks to all for these opportunities.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP CBs
2. What is your handicap index? shoot 90s (work in progress)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TT stiff s300 steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? RH
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? 2-3x weekly ranger Rick with weekly play. THP activity is up and coming. Working hard on getting active in the forums without just posting to post. I've been enjoying myself so y'all are pretty much stuck with me.

Tap Tap Tapatalk

What a great opportunity for three lucky forum members. And we get lefty testing this time too!

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland HB3
2. What is your handicap index? I don't keep an official handicap but going off oob it is about 21
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Cleveland Flight Speed, Regular Flex steel shafts.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can test these out at least once a week on the course. My course doesn't have a range but I do have access to a couple of grass ranges in my area for when I don't have the time to get out for a full round. I am on THP every day and post often.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Taylormade Burner 2.0's

2. What is your handicap index?
9.2 GHIN currently

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Steel - KBS Tour C-Taper's in Stiff

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I have daily access to a driving range right down the road form my house that is newly re-opened and re-finished as well as the ability to golf any day of the week after I get to leave my classroom, always plenty of time to get a full round in before dark. My testing plan is based on as much use as I can possibly get and keeping detailed notes while on the course, also doing my best to answer any and all questions of the THP'ers here. I consider my activity level here very high, I'm on and reading/posting throughout the day (even at work! hahaha).

MAJOR thank you to Wilson-Staff and THP for a JAW DROPPING opportunity for our wonderful little community!

Holy guacamole as my son would say!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Redline
2. What is your handicap index? 10
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Made for Adams TT steel regular flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am very active and currently testing some short game stuff. Expect the same from me with the Wilsons.

Wicked irons. Thanks Wilson and THP! Following CL's wisdom here and showing my support.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ben Hogan Apex
2. What is your handicap index? 10
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel material, no idea on flex or brand as the irons I currently use are borrowed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will test these irons out at least once a week for 18 holes and at least one range session per week. Sometimes more, but never less. I will test all types of shots on the range and transfer that knowledge to my on course testing. I am on THP daily and posting a little over 3 times a day, sometimes more if I feel I have something worthy to contribute, and I don't expect to slow down anytime soon.

Thanks Wilson Golf and THP!!!

THIS IS CRAZY! Another set to test before they hit the market?! MAJOR props to :wilsonstaff: and :thp:!

1. What irons do you currently play?
I am swinging a set of 5-PW & AW Callaway Big Bertha 2006 Irons. I also have an older Cobra 3h and was just given a new Nike Machspeed 4h.

2. What is your handicap index?
Right now I am playing to right around an 18 or 19. I need a new club to start posting official rounds again.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
My irons are fitted with uniflex steel shafts that are 1/2" long. They are great when I put the right move on them, however, I think I could improve with a different shaft

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
I write, throw, shoot and play golf right handed. I do show ambidexterity when drinking and two left feet when dancing.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
Since I have consistent distances, ball flights and expectations with my Berthas, I can do a direct comparison to the Wilson Staff FG Tour v2 irons. I know these two irons are marketed to different audiences, however, I believe my current swing might be on the edge of where one might consider these type of irons vs. an oversized set. For example, I am looking to learn how to shape the ball and learning on the Wilson Staff FG Tour v2's could be beneficial to improving my game. So my story includes an active interest in improving my game and how these clubs may help/hinder that. At this point, I'm going to the range at least three times a week and am looking to play at least 9 holes once a week. I recently purchased a tripod stand so I can take videos with my smart phone, so I look to improve my activity with quality videos as well. As for my activity level, I log on to THP at least once a day and comment two to three times that. I currently testing the Boccieri Heavy Wood testing where I endeavor to post every two to four days. I also have Google+, Facebook and Twitter accounts I try to post to them on a regular basis, repping THP and the testing I'm doing.

Another great opportunity from :thp: and :wilson:

I am not putting my name down for the exact same reasons that I didn't for the Adams irons.

Looking forward to hearing the lucky testers thoughts though

Amazing opportunity for a select few. How rare to be able to test irons before they are released, big props to Wilson for partnering with The Hackers Paradise for this testing. I am keeping my name out of this one because of the other testing I am currently doing, but I cant wait to see what our members think.

These irons are beautiful! I'm not currently on the hunt for new irons but have been dying to do some sort of testing for THP members! Maybe this can be a chance to contribute.

1. Current irons are Srixon Z-Stars.
2. Handicap is 12.7 (due to short game and definately not iron play)
3. Current shafts are recently implanted KBS Tour X Flex (soft stepped) Steel shafts.
4. Right or Left handed. I stand on the correct side of the ball...Righty
5. Activity Level and Testing plan. I'm posting whenever I can on here. Which is pretty often, although I will admit that there are some that post tons more than me I am still quite dedicated to giving out any advice I can and responding and partaking in all the topics I can. That being said I live in Hawaii and have lots of time off as I work swing shifts in a hospital. I get in 3-4 rounds a week and hit the range almost equally. The reason why I put out that I live in Hawaii is that it provides me with an opportunity to play in sooo many different types of courses. I currently frequent 7 different courses here on Oahu and they range from hardpan to plush carpet like fairways. I play on courses where strong winds can turn an 8 iron shot into a short pitching wedge type distance as well as dead calm air. We have soft and receptive greens as well as greens that wouldn't hold a hacky sack. I play rain or shine and practice the same. I'm not a super technically savvy fellow, but for this opportunity I would most definately seek help from the wife to post as many photos and videos as possible. I will be testing distances and direction of these compared to more as well as less forgiving irons. I will give a round to round and range session to range session update, as well as answering any questions thrown at me in as timely a manner as possible.

Thank you once again THP for continuing to give us the opportunity to feel like actual contributers here, as well as the feeling that we actually make a difference in our fellow members games!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Last edited:
Sweet. It wasn't a dream!

Posted via Tapatalk

1. What irons do you currently play? Nickent 4DX Pro's
2. What is your handicap index? 7.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Regular flex, the original shafts that came with these irons
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am currently testing another set of irons so time would be some what limited, but want to fully support and thank THP and Wilson Golf for their support of this site. I'm on THP daily and try to play twice per week along with hitting the driving range. A standard testing would include video, pictures and full details of what I see and feel with this product. I post to FB and Twitter.

What a great opportunity for a select number of testers to get their hands on and for all the rest here to get to hear the results of these beautiful irons. Thanks to Wilson Staff and THP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back