Hello from chilly Toronto! Newbie Hacker Here!

LoR75

Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for the past few months, and have really enjoyed the conversations and reviews I have read here.

Decided to sign up since I am just getting started in this amazing game of golf, and figured this was a great way to learn and contribute to an awesome community.

Started golfing in 2010 at the age of 34 with an entry level RAM set since I didn't think I would be hooked. Ended up playing only twice thinking this wasn't for me.

Fast forward to this year. Ended up getting to know some co-workers and friends who went out weekly. Started heading out with them, and was absolutely hooked. Went out 10 times this year at various courses including twice at Angus Glen where I almost broke 100 on the South course which hooked me even more. Best round of the year was a 93 on a short course (Winchester) north of Toronto.

As you can see, I have a ton to learn, and I am starting lessons in a few weeks to work on the basics and stop topping or slicing shots. My goal is to consistently break 100, and possibly break 90 by the end of the season.

Due to a connection at Adidas, all my sticks/clothing/shoes are from TMaG. Yes, I am a walking billboard, but I love their stuff, and fell in love with the Burner 2.0s after testing them out during the summer. Thanks to an awesome wife and family, I received my set with two hybrids for my birthday in December, and at Christmas received the new driver. Hoping to add that 3W Rocketballz come February.

Sorry for the mini life story everyone. Glad to be a part of the community!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum!! Glad you joined us.

Tappin' from my iPad!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Many welcomes:blob:

Welcome aboard! I visit Canada often over here on the west side, but have never been to Toronto. It's on my short list of places to visit along with Montreal.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard! I visit Canada often over here on the west side, but have never been to Toronto. It's on my short list of places to visit along with Montreal.

We have some outstanding courses here and within the GTA region. This past summer there was a feature on The Golf Network about the areas best courses and places to visit. You will love Toronto.

As for Montreal, it's just a great city all around, although the Habs suck. :arrogant:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Glad you joined! Welcome!

Welcome aboard and Happy New YEARS!

Welcome!

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for the past few months, and have really enjoyed the conversations and reviews I have read here.

Decided to sign up since I am just getting started in this amazing game of golf, and figured this was a great way to learn and contribute to an awesome community.

Started golfing in 2010 at the age of 34 with an entry level RAM set since I didn't think I would be hooked. Ended up playing only twice thinking this wasn't for me.

Fast forward to this year. Ended up getting to know some co-workers and friends who went out weekly. Started heading out with them, and was absolutely hooked. Went out 10 times this year at various courses including twice at Angus Glen where I almost broke 100 on the South course which hooked me even more. Best round of the year was a 93 on a short course (Winchester) north of Toronto.

As you can see, I have a ton to learn, and I am starting lessons in a few weeks to work on the basics and stop topping or slicing shots. My goal is to consistently break 100, and possibly break 90 by the end of the season.

Due to a connection at Adidas, all my sticks/clothing/shoes are from TMaG. Yes, I am a walking billboard, but I love their stuff, and fell in love with the Burner 2.0s after testing them out during the summer. Thanks to an awesome wife and family, I received my set with two hybrids for my birthday in December, and at Christmas received the new driver. Hoping to add that 3W Rocketballz come February.

Sorry for the mini life story everyone. Glad to be a part of the community!

Many welcomes from a fellow Nube
My missus is from outside Toronto and we got some friends there, any advice on the city courses for my next trip??

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard LOR

Welcome aboard LoR, TMaG is a great company and I love the Adidas line of shoes and clothing.

Welcome to THP!

Back