Hurricane Michael

Landfall wind was 155 and 912 mb . Third strongest storm to make landfall in the us. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or did Florence get way more advertisement and warning than Michael did? Or did I just not pay attention as much this time? Not saying there wasn't warning, but it seems we hard WAY more about Florence coming than Michael....

Is it just me or did Florence get way more advertisement and warning than Michael did? Or did I just not pay attention as much this time? Not saying there wasn't warning, but it seems we hard WAY more about Florence coming than Michael....

I saw Saturday morning around 6am that Michael was now a named storm. Hell, it may have even been that it was just a 90% chance of becoming one I don’t even remember.

The woman on the weather channel just asked why now we are having a cat 4 storm. Of course the man had no answer

I saw Saturday morning around 6am that Michael was now a named storm. Hell, it may have even been that it was just a 90% chance of becoming one I don’t even remember.

Yeah, it got big in a hurry so that might be it.......Florence was cooking for awhile

I do. Hope it works. Have not used it in years. We are in the city so on public utilities so at least the water won't go away. We have a hotel reservation in Alachua for Friday - Sunday if needed. Closest place I could find to here that was out of the path.
You need to pay attention to the water pressure. If it looks like it's coming out weakly, boil it before consumption. Hurricanes can put a kink in public water utilities almost as easily as it can knock out power. We lost most of our school days thanks to Florence due to low water pressure at the schools, making the water undrinkable.

Stay safe Scott!

Florence came all the way across the Atlantic straight for the US and built to a Cat 4 days before landfall. A lot more lead time. Michael basically formed in the gulf within just a few days.

Thanks god we have gotten anything too bad. Power has been out for over an hour but nothing else has happened.

Thanks god we have gotten anything too bad. Power has been out for over an hour but nothing else has happened.

More annoyance than anything there. Glad nothin serious happened to the family.

More annoyance than anything there. Glad nothin serious happened to the family.

It’s still windy and spot of rain is all. Other than that it’s quiet.

I’d take that all day long

Pretty chill evening of putting stuff in my carts on various internet take my money sites. Kids are watching iPads, dogs are hiding and Tracy is chilling....easy peasy

storm_14.gif

As it breaks up it'll pass straight over Augusta. Work has already canceled operations for tomorrow.

Zero issues in Columbus, GA. Lost power for a spell but zero damage. Peace out Michael!

Glad to hear you all made it through ok Freddie!

Great to hear you got by OK Freddie, Scott you OK in South Georgia?

Had no cell phone coverage last night so could not post any updates. Me, wife, daughter and dog are all fine. Been without power since around 3 yesterday. I was a pretty scary ride for a few hours. That I know of right now, we lost 1 smaller tree, 2 sections of your fence, have tons of large limbs down and debris that all over the place. Should be light enough to see soon but don't think we have any damage to house or cars.

Will post if anything is significantly different. Probably will not otherwise. All of our batteries are getting really low with all the searching for service our phones were doing for many, many hours yesterday.

Thanks for the update on your safety Sox Fan.

Glad to hear you made it through safely Sox Fan. Hope all is well this morning.

The photos im seeing of the Panhandle coastal area looks like devastation. I'm hopiny the damage is localized, but it appesrs to be widespread. It's going to be a long recovery I fear.

Thankfully my family in Pensacola we're unaffected.

Pensacola was spared any significant damage from Michael, from what I can tell. Not sure about the shore areas. The West side of a hurricane is the side to be on if you have to have one. Praying that the Panama City area and nearby, and South Georgia areas that felt the full hurricane force winds are not too devastated.

glad to know you guy are ok! thanks for the updates

Man devastation isn't really the right word, is it?

Glad everyone is checked in and okay!

Good to hear everyone is okay.

Back