Just a quick note

spazzdog

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots
Hi guys & gals.

I haven't been around much the past week and wanted to stop in.

My dog has a health issue that is keeping me occupied... Fungal (yeast) infection in all 4 paws topped by a bacterial infection too.

The meds are nasty, she has to have food on board before the meds and off course the meds make her sick, one of them actually decreases her appetite. Anyway, it's been a battle to get enough food into her to give the meds. It all makes her lethargic and when she goes out for "business", her paws all have to be washed.

I do blow in here every now and then but have no energy to "play". Just wanted to say hi and tell y'all I miss you.

I'll be back in when this mess with Ice's paws clears up.

Hugs to y'all!

spazz

Hi Spazz! Sure hate to hear about Ice. Hope everything clears up really fast.

I hope it all turns out for the best

Really hope Ice gets better soon Spazz!

Sorry to hear about ice's struggles, but happy to hear the loving care you are giving. Lucky little pooch right there.

Get better, Ice! Hope all goes as relatively smooth as possible, Gina.

Sorry to hear your troubles. Hope it all works out.

Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well.

Sorry to hear that Spazz, I hope all goes well.

Wishing the best for you and Ice there Spazz...we are stilling dealing with "The Cone Of Death" on teh Cookie Monster, and even that is no fun.

Good luck to you and your puppy, spazz.

I was worrying about you yesterday, Spazz. I hadn't seen ya' on FB or Twitter lately and was going to drop you a line to check up. Take care and hope everything comes along ok.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Hope the pooch gets well soon.

Kevin

I hope the best for you and your doggy, make sure your dog finishes all of the antibiotics that were prescribed haha-some people stop taking antibiotics when they feel better but little do they know that all they did was kill the susceptible bacteria and leave resistant bacteria so then they have a population of all antibiotic resistant bacteria after cell reproduction-not good-sorry for the strange facts.

Glad your pooch has someone like you to take care of her spazz I wish her a full and speedy recovery and hope to see ya round more often.

hoping it turns out ok spazz

Thanks for the update spazz. Hope for a quick recovery for your pup

Glad to hear from you Spazz. I hope everything turns out okay.

Sad news. I was holding my Butter's paws in my hand as I read this. It would be tough for me to handle. I hope Ice is healthy soon.

Your dog's name is Ice Oh that is awesome! Tell him/her I said hi!

Hope all is well, get well soon Ice!

I hope all goes well with your pup spazz. Its never fun to have a pet feel under the weather.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Hi guys n gals... Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

It's a struggle, the drugs (ketoconazole & cephalexin) make her not want to eat but she has to eat before taking the drugs, plus the keto isn't the safest thing... I've been basically force feeding her (finger scoops of food put down her throat like a pill) for days. Not fun for her or me.

Talked to the vet yesterday and he told me to stop the drugs for couple of days til she gets her appetite back. Then to only give the anti-fungal until its gone, then follow with the antibiotic. I'm in day one of no drugs.

The mystery is where the heck she could've picked up both a fungal and bacterial condition? She never leaves the house except to our back yard. The place is immaculate. I pick up her business immediately (habit from city living) so even the yard is clean. Oh well... Yet another mystery of life.

Here's a pic of me & Ice from when we lived in CA. She's my rescue pooch.

46fd8804-b44a-5a69.jpg

Beautiful, beautiful dog!!
C'mon, Ice, get better!!

Back