Live Update Thread - TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons - TP CB, MC & MB

Great pics and vines guys, this has been fun to far and just think, it is not over. Enjoy!

Went MC's, hit the MB 3i though and pounded it on the range. Then promptly put it down.
Smart man! Quit while you are ahead!

I hit the the 7i mb's on the range and was pretty solid with them

Should have tried the 3i...is probably just as easy right?

So excited to be a part of this. The TaylorMade staff was awesome. Great conversation about golf and products and what TM has on tap for the coming year.

Went back to the range after my round and worked on some stuff. These are giving me a nice mid flight, but the shafts are too long for me at the moment. They'll get a trimming when I get home.

I'd say the leading edges are some of the sharpest I've ever played.

Catching up now. I first want to say thanks to THP and Taylormade for this opportunity.

Today started pretty rough for me. My back was locked up pretty tight so my range time was pretty futile, but I was playing today no matter what. On hole #5, I swung really hard at a drive and like 5 vertebrae all popped at the same time. After that, I was good to go, a little stiff, but better.

I have to say that these are the best feeling Taylormade irons I've ever hit. Even with my swing being pretty much all arms today, I was impressed with them. Some meds tonight and I will be back out tomorrow, hopefully better equipped to give them the round they deserve.

I will say that the CBs are a lot more forgiving than I expected, and that came in handy today. So far, I'm loving them and can't wait to spend some more time with them tomorrow.
uhunesy3.jpg

vypepy3a.jpg

I hit the the 7i mb's on the range and was pretty solid with them

Should have tried the 3i...is probably just as easy right?

I hit Trout's 4i MB. The MBs are a a great looking club. Loving the MCs too

A pured shot (mb) has quite a bit more fade on it than I'm used to. Something I'll have to get used to. Combination of shorter shafts(than I have) smaller blade heads and perhaps a heavier kbs shaft. (Nippon 950)

Could it be lie angle? Or is the fade just part of getting adjusted to the new club?

Could it be lie angle? Or is the fade just part of getting adjusted to the new club?

Add lie angle as well to the list.

They feel fantastic though. Probably better than what I'm currently playing.

Mine need some adjustment. Good thing TaylorMade has that covered with the new Tour Preferred service. :)

Mine need some adjustment. Good thing TaylorMade has that covered with the new Tour Preferred service. :)

You're a freakin brilliant man.

Alright, one round in the books and here are some of my early thoughts on the MB's. From a looks standpoint, in person they are absolutely stunning, the lines are sharp and the logo is perfect, the satin finish is pretty nice too lol. From a performance point, they are very easy to get up in the air and I've never hit a 3 iron so high, I actually really like the flight quite a bit. I think I need a stiffer shaft and after hitting Mwards it was confirmed the KBS tour 90 S just doesn't have enough backbone for me.

Post more after dinner.

Alright, one round in the books and here are some of my early thoughts on the MB's. From a looks standpoint, in person they are absolutely stunning, the lines are sharp and the logo is perfect, the satin finish is pretty nice too lol. From a performance point, they are very easy to get up in the air and I've never hit a 3 iron so high, I actually really like the flight quite a bit. I think I need a stiffer shaft and after hitting Mwards it was confirmed the KBS tour 90 S just doesn't have enough backbone for me.

Post more after dinner.
This post has me very excited! Love to hear it!!!!

Wow thanks guys for all the updates. The pictures and vines were great to look at. Did you all just play with standard shafts in the correct flex?

Wow thanks guys for all the updates. The pictures and vines were great to look at. Did you all just play with standard shafts in the correct flex?

Yes, they were all playing KBS Tour with their shaft flex.

Sounds like everyone is pretty please with their selected irons, and the photos and vines were awesome, so thanks for sharing. Any thoughts on the new TM balls?

Thanks for all the updates throughout the round, I felt like I wad there riding in the cart with you all! Next time I visit my local golf shop in definitely demoing the CBs. Keep up the good work everyone!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

This could be a skim job so I apologize. But did anyone get the AW in the CB set?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

What does it say about me, that I was hoping to see a vine full of food. :hungry:

I agree! Buffet time means tells me I am getting ready to witness a vast spread of awesome food!

Did they kick Louie Anderson..I mean Brian out for eating all the crab legs...hehe

Back