Nike TW15 Golf Shoes

These look sweet, but why the heck can't they just put a normal tongue on them???

Dude its the worst. And they know its flawed.

Dude its the worst. And they know its flawed.

I just don't understand the design of the tongue.

I mean, the tongue design of a show is a pretty universal thing, why go and try to be all different and make it in to two fabric daggers that stab shins?

I don't get the tongue thing? I have had them in 2013 and 2014 and 2014 mesh and never had an issue with the tongues

I don't get the tongue thing? I have had them in 2013 and 2014 and 2014 mesh and never had an issue with the tongues

Like most things it wont impact everybody and I also believe that humidity plays a role.
However if as a company you know for a fact that there are a large number of people that struggle with something and it does absolutely nothing in form or function, fix it. You can move the dude's stupid initial emblem to the other 900 spots Nike puts their logo.

Ya I mean if it is a problem for some it should be addressed I agree 100%. I have really enjoyed these shoes and will probably pick up the 2015s at some point

Ya I mean if it is a problem for some it should be addressed I agree 100%. I have really enjoyed these shoes and will probably pick up the 2015s at some point

Take a look at the free shoes next time you are in a store. Every model they produce has one kind of tongue. On the golf version, they changed it to show off another initial logo. If these were not the TW shoes, and just a Nike shoe, it would have been fixed immediately.

Take a look at the free shoes next time you are in a store. Every model they produce has one kind of tongue. On the golf version, they changed it to show off another initial logo. If these were not the TW shoes, and just a Nike shoe, it would have been fixed immediately.

So are you saying the tongue on the free wouldn't be able to showcase his logo? I honestly don't know I am genuinely curious

So are you saying the tongue on the free wouldn't be able to showcase his logo? I honestly don't know I am genuinely curious

Nope. Not the way they want it showcased.

The tongue issue didn't bother, or wasn't a problem for me like some have commented.

I like the color and mesh, assuming to make it more breathable.

Notice they went away from the Champ Zarma spike, which I've used the past couple seasons and really liked. Appears to be the Softspike Stealth, which I have no experience with.

.I wear a 11.5 someone buy me a pair and I'll test the tongue

Umm, the red ones are sweet!!!!!

I will have the silvers at some point

Yesterday, I went in to check out the TW15 vs TW14. Some initial thoughts are: 1) the tongue is much more comfortable. Not noticeably there like the TW14. 2) These fit like a glove! I picked up a pair in black in my traditional size 11. Immediately I went out to hit a few buckets. The shoe is very stable throughout the entire swing. My only concern is that there is only about 5-10mm of room at the front of the shoe. I may go and swap them for a 11.5, but I'm not completely sure if that will negatively affect the performance. Anyone else get a tight fit with their traditional size?

Goodness... I love all three colors!

The black and the silver ones look awesome.
The red look hideous

The black and the silver ones look awesome.
The red look hideous

I want the grey in the worst way. Best price I've found so far is $170. That's steep!

I hope these feel better than the '14s, I'm in the shoe market this year and I really hope they fit as well as they look. I'm either love or hate with Nike's fit.

Picked up a pair of Lunar Ascends and they are eerily similar looking and feeling. Lunar Ascends can be had for about $50. Just saying ;)

Picked up a pair of Lunar Ascends and they are eerily similar looking and feeling. Lunar Ascends can be had for about $50. Just saying ;)

True they do feel similar, but the TW are slightly lower to the ground, and also have 4 replaceable spikes.

Tried these on today along with the lunar control 3. I much preferred the TW15. I'm not to crazy about the colors but the black and silver pairs are nice.

Tried these on today along with the lunar control 3. I much preferred the TW15. I'm not to crazy about the colors but the black and silver pairs are nice.

Andy, have you tried on the spikeless TW14's? If so, can you compare the fit?

Back