Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know when Chunky will appear in the middle of a deal and offer the guy one dollar more than I have for ir.

I'm pretty sure Chunky isn't going to scalp your face to face deal, rofl.

Very wise Ice, very wise. The only thing CL loves more than chunky's is swooping in and stealing someone's awesome deal.

Deal is almost closed for a SC Newport GSS putter! If it all works out the task is to turn it from a junky $75 putter to a beautiful $1000 masterpiece!

Wait what. I just reread this. You're going to turn a 75$ putter into a $1000 by just refinishing it?

Keep Portland weird.

Edit: that was supposed to quote Super Tuna, stupid Tapatalk

I prefer quirky for Portland and yes, it's a good place. Aside from Raliegh it's about the only place in the US I would move to.

I'm in Hillsboro. does that count?

Absolutely and is the best part as well.

I prefer quirky for Portland and yes, it's a good place. Aside from Raliegh it's about the only place in the US I would move to.

Absolutely and is the best part as well.

Nice, I'll be living in the only 2 US cities you'd move to. I must be doing something right.

Nice, I'll be living in the only 2 US cities you'd move to. I must be doing something right.

Or you're equally crazy.

:blob:

Pondering a new putter... I can't make up my mind and keep going back and forth between the SeeMore DB4 and the Bettinardi SS9

I am trying to decide what shaft to put in my new irons when I can get them. I will be getting the Taylor Made Tour Preferred irons and will probably mix the MCs and MBs. My thought is to get the the 4,5,6 in the MCs and then 7,8,9 in the MBs. I plan to have my wedges be all from SCOR golf. I am thinking of going with a 48, 55 and 58 to compliment my 52 that I already have from them.

The other two iron sets I had my eye on were the Nike VR Pro Combos and the Mizuno MP59s. I just can't pass up the discount I can get on the Taylor Made setup especially when I like the look of the Taylor Made the most.

The shafts I am considering are the Dynalite XP S300, Project X steel 5.5 and something from KBS. I need something with much lower ball flight because I already hit the ball higher than normal. I like the KBS C Taper and KBS Tour shafts. I just can't decide which way to go.

I also want to sell my 2 putters I have now and get the new Scotty Cameron Studio GoLo S in 33". I loved demoing this putter at my local demo days this last weekend.

The shafts I am considering are the Dynalite XP S300, Project X steel 5.5 and something from KBS. I need something with much lower ball flight because I already hit the ball higher than normal. I like the KBS C Taper and KBS Tour shafts. I just can't decide which way to go.

Bolds do not match. Dynalights are super high launching and I wouldn't call KBS Tour's low launchers either, more of a low/mid.

Have you had a chance to use the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer yet?

Dynalite's with a 115+ driver swing speed... I assume if you're swinging your driver that fast, your 6 iron speed is probably in the mid 90s?

I feel like you should be looking at the x100's or at least the standard s300's if you are looking at true temper shafts..

Bolds do not match. Dynalights are super high launching and I wouldn't call KBS Tour's low launchers either, more of a low/mid.

Have you had a chance to use the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer yet?

Yes. The first time it recommended the dynalite which I didn't care for but the optimizer said I should use it. The second time I was fitted, it recommended the project x shaft.

I appreciate any help! Thank you

Dynalite's with a 115+ driver swing speed... I assume if you're swinging your driver that fast, your 6 iron speed is probably in the mid 90s?

I feel like you should be looking at the x100's or at least the standard s300's if you are looking at true temper shafts..

Yeah it averages around 94mph according to mizunos optimizer. I am not set on true temper shafts. I am not sure where to really go. Money is tight so the extra $15/shaft for the project x stuff is hard to overcome.

Yeah it averages around 94mph according to mizunos optimizer. I am not set on true temper shafts. I am not sure where to really go. Money is tight so the extra $15/shaft for the project x stuff is hard to overcome.

You must have a super smooth swing. I average 92 and it put me in the PX 6.0, or soft stepped x100s

First off. Full disclosure; I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY I20's. Need I repeat?

However, I have been looking at picking up a set of blades to play around with now and then. I don't want them taking a dump on my weekend rounds where I try to make some dough. They would be more to tinker around with at the range and during unimportant rounds. They could also play backup if I ever need to send in my real gamers, the i20's, to get work done.

I'm torn between Taylormade TP MB's and 588 MB's right now. Just can't decide. Guess we'll see what the two companies offer in regards to shafts, up charges, pricing, and what not.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Sigh...Thought my bag was done for a while but it's obviously not.

Need a new 52* and a 56*...as well as replacing my M3 and M4 due to issues with the shafts.

btw colt I thought the TM MBs were absolute garbage

Wait what. I just reread this. You're going to turn a 75$ putter into a $1000 by just refinishing it?

That's the plan. The guy is selling / trading for $75. That putter is easily worth $1000 in pristine shape. So I'll probably have to spend some money and have it done professionally, but in the long run it could be done.

Haha man I'm tired but this thread had me laughing. Well good luck Ice. That is a heck of a deal for a GSS Scotty. Its a good deal for any Scotty. I would be a little wary of it being a fake especially at that price. They easily go for 2K and up

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Haha man I'm tired but this thread had me laughing. Well good luck Ice. That is a heck of a deal for a GSS Scotty. Its a good deal for any Scotty. I would be a little wary of it being a fake especially at that price. They easily go for 2K and up

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We'll see man. Even if it was a fake all I'd be losing is a bunch of balls that cost me nothing.

My guess would be the guy got the putter from someone who didn't know how rare it was and now he doesn't want it and doesn't know how rare it it.

Just to bring this thread back down with a disappointing bump, I'm pondering shoes.

Torn between the Nike Lunar Control (in black/yellow), and the Adidas Powerband 4.0 (most probably the white/slime). Was considering the Adidas Samba in white/red, but they probably wouldn't last long enough in the typical conditions I see.

Just to bring this thread back down with a disappointing bump, I'm pondering shoes.

Torn between the Nike Lunar Control (in black/yellow), and the Adidas Powerband 4.0 (most probably the white/slime). Was considering the Adidas Samba in white/red, but they probably wouldn't last long enough in the typical conditions I see.

I am a big time Adidas golf shoe homer. Currently have one pair of 2.0's, 2 pair of 3.0's, and just ordered some 4.0's yesterday. I like the athletic look of the shoe compared to the street style and as a walker just find them extremely comfortable and easy to clean, etc.

What are your concerns with the Sambas? I just got a pair and can try to look into any concerns you have if you'd like. They look really good though. I got the blue ones.

I've been thinking about replacing the Gap wedge that came with my set of Ci7's. So, I went to the Callawaygolfpreowned site and picked up a Vokey 52 degree for 34 bucks and then for another 27 bucks, got a Titleist 906F2 3 wood. Should be arriving late this week.

Portland is great, my father grew up there and it was always fun to spend the summers there. Went back there last fall for the Portland marathon and the wife and I had a great time. Nothing like carbo loading on a Voodoo Donut or two or three....

Has anybody gone to a licensed Titleist fitter and gotten fitted for irons? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger once I get some expense money paid back. How was the experience? Was it worth it? It's a 100 bucks to get fitted for irons at The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, got the site from the Titleist web site. Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back